Old School Manual Mustang Friend Experiences DCT Equipped 2020 GT500 CFTP for 1st time! (video)

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
So, your wife is a tranny?

This might have made my day.
fat-scottish.gif

Established Member
Well, is that better or worse than a slush box? one thing for sure, to work the manual, you have to grab the stick and pull.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Well, is that better or worse than a slush box? one thing for sure, to work the manual, you have to grab the stick and pull.
The DCT, while not new to supercars, is new to the Mustang. Most here have never experienced it, so all they have to go on is what they have experienced in automatic transmission vehicles. This is different. It’s epic! It makes for one hell of an amazing package!

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
The DCT, while not new to supercars, is new to the Mustang. Most here have never experienced it, so all they have to go on is what they have experienced in automatic transmission vehicles. This is different. It’s epic! It makes for one hell of an amazing package!
It's not so great having a computer do all the fun stuff. I've had a DCT... Don't want another one.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Didnt the 2012 focus have a Dct..

and wasn’t it the biggest piece of shit on the planet

Goose17

Established Member
Didnt the 2012 focus have a Dct..

and wasn’t it the biggest piece of shit on the planet
I know nothing about Ford Focuses, but if it was “the biggest piece of shit” with a DCT, then by the distributive property, the 2020 GT500 must also be the biggest piece of shit.

Established Member
So I have a 2013 Focus Titanium, with said transmission, and I like the concept alot. Execution was a different story. The box itself isnt bad, but everything attached to it has troubles. Mine does now have over 100K, but I still wish it were stick. I bet Ford learned from their mistakes on the focus and the new piece is slick. Its not like this is a new idea, and each version should be better than the last.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not all DCTs execute equally. My wife's 2016 Hyundai Tucson had a DCT. One of the worse "automatics" I've ever driven. Horrible with a capital 'H'. You cannot compare the DCT in the GT-500 (or C8 Vette) to those found in lesser cars.

The DCT in the GT-500 is a work of engineering art! Same with the C8. But, most people who prefer to be more engaged with a manual won't be satisfied with the DCT. That's a given.

Goose17

Established Member
I would still love to see the 10R80 vs a DCT. Same car , same day. Curious how much quicker thr DCt would be then the 10 speed
It’s more than just quick shifts with the DCT. The DCT gives the car a lot of its “personality.” Depending on your drive mode and brake usage, the downshifts can be quite fantastically aggressive! Also, with an automatic, power is briefly interrupted to ease into the next gear. The DCT essentially power shifts using the rotating mass emerita to hit you hard with the next gear. It is a unique feel the first time you experience it.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
It’s more than just quick shifts with the DCT. The DCT gives the car a lot of its “personality.” Depending on your drive mode and brake usage, the downshifts can be quite fantastically aggressive! Also, with an automatic, power is briefly interrupted to ease into the next gear. The DCT essentially power shifts using the rotating mass emerita to hit you hard with the next gear. It is a unique feel the first time you experience it.
While I agree with you on all your DCT points , I think your underrating the 10 A. The shifts are fast and you shift into power band every time . Again I fully understand the DCT and the advantages so I don’t want to sound ignorant. But just curious how much faster/quicker the DCT would be. Either way the Gt500 is a beast

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Not sure where you are going with this....the GT500 has a Tremec TR-9070 DCT.

So it has a DCT and so does the focus … not sure where I was wrong. Your logic of “ yeah it has a DCT but not that one this one is better “

is kiiiiiiiiinda like “ yeah that chick has a dick….. but it has tits too “

blk02edge

Established Member
Anyone who enjoys an automatic can only write with their tongue sticking out.

Sorry, just had to add something.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Maybe I can help with the manual and automatic debate: Every time my wife seems to be in a good mood, I try to take advantage and get a little bit, but it is always an automatic no. I don’t have to touch her for her to switch gears.
Instead of the automatic, I just go manual. I have to do the work, but it gets me where I want to go.

So, your wife is a tranny?

This might have made my day.
I laughed.

68gtscode

Established Member
Considering we're supposedly all car enthusiasts, the amount of ignorance in this thread is staggering. I wouldn't be as surprised if I were on a GM or MOPAR forum, but SVTP?!

Users who are viewing this thread