Old School Manual Mustang Friend Experiences DCT Equipped 2020 GT500 CFTP for 1st time! (video)

68gtscode

Established Member
I re-read this thread and admit my post was a bit harsh and not very constructive- for that I apologize! That said, here are a few of the assertions I reacted to-

Cars with automatic valve bodies are faster than those with manual valve bodies
Autos from the 60s are slower than manuals of the era
Cars with glides, TH400s, C4s etc. are slower than manuals
Autos overheat
DCTs are the same as autos
All cars with DCTs suck because of the old Focus

Anyhow, hopefully I don't start an avalanche that goes badly for me :) And FLl Vnm... just a friendly jab- I appear to be only a few years older than you, but haven't yet resorted to getting into an old-man Vette yet LOL.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
How about us that could care less if a 3 pedal car is "slower" (debate irrelevant, as to what flavor)? The level of involvement is so much more fun for me with a manual. We have a 2018 NGT, it's an incredible machine, and I totally get it, as to why its a DCT. It's a very effective weapon, very track capable, and shifts smoother on track than on the street (again, I TOTALLY get it, and agree as to why). However, the shifting becomes boring (not driving the car, just shifting). I even put it in "manual" exclusively. A well meshed clutch, throttle blip, heel toe, is more fun to me than a "click".

People ask me, "well your not going to have a choice soon, as manuals are going away, what will you do?"...... Well companies like Porsche, and BMW have continued, for now, the beloved manual. The market has been speaking also, look at the values of a manual, and compare it to the 2 pedal equiv (M3, any Ferrari, Aston Martin etc). What if the manuals in new sports cars do go completely away? Well, then I'll only be adding older cars to our collection that have manuals, as I have decided, the one DCT car we have will be the only one we own.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
How about us that could care less if a 3 pedal car is "slower" (debate irrelevant, as to what flavor)? The level of involvement is so much more fun for me with a manual. We have a 2018 NGT, it's an incredible machine, and I totally get it, as to why its a DCT. It's a very effective weapon, very track capable, and shifts smoother on track than on the street (again, I TOTALLY get it, and agree as to why). However, the shifting becomes boring (not driving the car, just shifting). I even put it in "manual" exclusively. A well meshed clutch, throttle blip, heel toe, is more fun to me than a "click".

People ask me, "well your not going to have a choice soon, as manuals are going away, what will you do?"...... Well companies like Porsche, and BMW have continued, for now, the beloved manual. The market has been speaking also, look at the values of a manual, and compare it to the 2 pedal equiv (M3, any Ferrari, Aston Martin etc). What if the manuals in new sports cars do go completely away? Well, then I'll only be adding older cars to our collection that have manuals, as I have decided, the one DCT car we have will be the only one we own.
Assuming you meant COULDN’T care less… I totally get your point. I have a bunch of manual Mustangs. They are fun. My favorite toy in the toy bin though is the CFTP. It is insanely fun! Much more so than my Whippled 2011 GT500 with similar power. Yes, the new 500 is much faster than my 2011 GT500, but it also puts a much bigger shit eat’n grin on my face!

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Assuming you meant COULDN’T care less… I totally get your point. I have a bunch of manual Mustangs. They are fun. My favorite toy in the toy bin though is the CFTP. It is insanely fun! Much more so than my Whippled 2011 GT500 with similar power. Yes, the new 500 is much faster than my 2011 GT500, but it also puts a much bigger shit eat’n grin on my face!
Im shocked that your favorite car is the one you spent 6 figures getting. Shocked.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Im shocked that your favorite car is the one you spent 6 figures getting. Shocked.
My favorite has always been my 2000 Cobra R. Even with the Whippled 750hp 2011 GT500 in the garage. The CFTP GT500 is just an absolute BEAST! It is amazing in everything it does. It nudged out the R as the favorite. Still love the R though, but the CFTP is just nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread