Oil Catch Can-Preferences?

burke985

Established Member
No offense to anyone but Bobs makes the engine look like it's on life support ...no thanks , my tuner was upset that I put the jlt on it he said the TVS likes a Lil lubrication .

RC-5.0

Established Member
No offense to anyone but Bobs makes the engine look like it's on life support ...no thanks , my tuner was upset that I put the jlt on it he said the TVS likes a Lil lubrication .

Power By The Hour recommended I get one. Im going with the JLT for the ease of use and clean install
RC

OH Mike, did you have to cut anything or just insert it inline?

burke985

Established Member
Power By The Hour recommended I get one. Im going with the JLT for the ease of use and clean install
RC

OH Mike, did you have to cut anything or just insert it inline?

Just cut the Hose at the bend , the JLT comes with everything else and a 90* fitting and the clamp. Just plug and play after that

20130817_152247_zpse26870571_zps6fd0fceb.jpg

Vert

Established Member
You might want to do a little research, I thought I read where they recommended running the pass. and drivers side into the can and then vent to atmosphere from the can. If not, then you have the possibility of getting dirty air and creating a lean condition.
I will look for the thread.

Riptide

Established Member
The conceptualpolymer can is a better design than anything posted on here so far. Don't believe me go look.

I have a upr dual setup but it's not the best out there. Easy to install though and high capacity.

Vert

Established Member
You might want to do a little research, I thought I read where they recommended running the pass. and drivers side into the can and then vent to atmosphere from the can. If not, then you have the possibility of getting dirty air and creating a lean condition.
I will look for the thread.

A couple of good threads

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...how-tvs-whipple-breathers-open-catch-can.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/983812-tvs-no-catch-can-ack.html

nosscort

Established Member
Should have went with bobs. so much better quality, holds more oil, filters the vapors better because of bigger media, just an all around better design and product.

by9468840

Established Member
i have JLT on the passenger side. I still have traces of oil on the Roush TVS nipple where passenger side pcv hose goes into. I even upgraded my jlt with the new location.
Do you guys also still get some oil on the passenger side nipple of the blower?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Piece of cake 5 min install

Im sure it's easy, but Im just concerned on cutting the hose in the wrong place.. There's a Youtube video out, but it shows the install along the length of the coil cover, NOT the perpendicular install like it should be. The Link you put way back Mike is not very detailed.

RC

nosscort

Established Member
i have JLT on the passenger side. I still have traces of oil on the Roush TVS nipple where passenger side pcv hose goes into. I even upgraded my jlt with the new location.
Do you guys also still get some oil on the passenger side nipple of the blower?

This is why I wouldn't use a jlt can on a forced inducted vehicles. It doesn't catch it like other brands..

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've been running JLT's oil sep for years and it has performed flawlessly. I have one of Bob's to test on a Boss 302 this Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread