Oil Catch Can-Preferences?

nosscort

Established Member
My dual catch can setup cost me about $25 for both cans from HD Racing and they work flawlessly. PVC pipe, a little black paint, $9 filters from autozone and a bone dry intake manifold ever since the install. Each side collects about 6 oz of oily watery residue every 5k miles(oil change).

I think companies try and overhype the need for an elaborate catch can system when it's really a simple process.

Plug the intake manifold and intake tube, and route the valve cover fittings to a breather.

Problem solved.

Just my $.02

thats a good Idea.. Under car Out of site out of mind. or reroute to exhaust

SoFlaBoss

Established Member
Another option is the Moroso. Mine was easy to install and it works great.
Dan

I have the Moroso too. Works perfect! I did find that adding a stainless steel spring inside each hose was necessary to ensure that the vacuum didn't collapse the hoses after normal heating from the engine compartment.

20131208_131905_zps00f2d8bb.jpg

by9468840

Established Member
Put the JLT on today..the instructions are NOT clear at all..luckily, Jay from JLT was right there on the phone to help out!! :beer:
Snapped the pic before putting the clamp on the top.
RC

VMP20_zps2b982ad3.jpg

I'm still getting decent amount of oil on that supercharger nipple. How's yours so far?

RC-5.0

Established Member
I'm still getting decent amount of oil on that supercharger nipple. How's yours so far?

Ive only drive the car 10 miles since I put it on :lol:

Did yours come with the 2" hose and PCV valve to insert between the back of the SC and the T- Fitting?
RC

burke985

Established Member
No, the point is you get what you pay for. Your boosted now, shouldn't leave anything to chance. Last thing you need is oil vapor to drop your octane... Boom...

Yeah because so many motors have been blown up due to faulty JLT oil seperators , as a matter of fact i cant think of 1. :shrug:

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
Peterson is nice but $$$$. I think I ended up around 180 with my setup

by9468840

Established Member
Ive only drive the car 10 miles since I put it on :lol:

Did yours come with the 2" hose and PCV valve to insert between the back of the SC and the T- Fitting?
RC

2" hose and a pcv valve??
No. I bought the kit to upgrade then location of JLT but there was no pcv valve in it. Could you take a pic?

ERS

Established Member
My dual catch can setup cost me about $25 for both cans from HD Racing and they work flawlessly. PVC pipe, a little black paint, $9 filters from autozone and a bone dry intake manifold ever since the install. Each side collects about 6 oz of oily watery residue every 5k miles(oil change).

I think companies try and overhype the need for an elaborate catch can system when it's really a simple process.

Plug the intake manifold and intake tube, and route the valve cover fittings to a breather.

Problem solved.

Just my $.02

What's the best way to plug the intake manifold and intake tube? Might as well plug the intake sound tube while I'm in there also.

Dragonpassion

Established Member
What bar are you using for your strut tower? Is it under a stock hood? I have a Whipple 2.3 with jlt big air like yours and would love that strut bar if it fits under stock hood.
Thanks

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Anybody running the JPC kit that has the breather for each side and plugs for intake? Seems like a great price if it works. Are there any benefits to having catch cans over deleting?

Riptide

Established Member
The downside to the breather setup is the maintenance. You need to keep them clean or you'll end up with oil on the valve covers.

The upside is a cleaner engine bay as far as vacuum lines go. And ZERO oil in the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread