Oil Catch Can-Preferences?

nosscort

Established Member
I've been running JLT's oil sep for years and it has performed flawlessly. I have one of Bob's to test on a Boss 302 this Spring.

was using the jlt also for about 1.5 years.. since car was new. Put the boss manifold on and stock manifold was dripping with oil and was just a mess. Switched to bobs and checked manifold and it was dry. You won't be disappointed

IGO 202

Established Member
Another option is the Moroso. Mine was easy to install and it works great.
2014-02-28162144_zpsc075de14.jpg

Dan

99mstng

Established Member
And look at your bank account drop..That is WAY too expensive for a tin can.
RC

IIRC correctly my bobs was only $5 more then my jlt and its been proven to be much more effective then the jlt. I'm picking up more oil between oil changes with no oil in the lines after the separator like I had with my jlt.

nosscort

Established Member
IIRC correctly my bobs was only $5 more then my jlt and its been proven to be much more effective then the jlt. I'm picking up more oil between oil changes with no oil in the lines after the separator like I had with my jlt.

same here! JLT was and is junk

RC-5.0

Established Member

I was finding Bob's online for like $199

99mstng

Established Member
Same design I think the ultimate has a fancier hose/fittings and you can change how it mounts. All appearance though they do the same thing which is catch more than a jlt ...

ERS

Established Member
I don't like the oil separator idea.
20140222_162830_zps0a3e83b1.jpg

I really like this setup. More info please! What size are the lines, -10, -12? Is that a moroso breather? How is it mounted?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Put the JLT on today..the instructions are NOT clear at all..luckily, Jay from JLT was right there on the phone to help out!! :beer:
Snapped the pic before putting the clamp on the top.
RC

VMP20_zps2b982ad3.jpg

BV600

Established Member
I really like this setup. More info please! What size are the lines, -10, -12? Is that a moroso breather? How is it mounted?

-10 Lines, Its a mighty mouse race can, high quality for a great price. The Can itself comes with a bracket and hardware and any size an fitting alrady on it. I just bought the hose and two different fittings.:beer:

RC-5.0

Established Member
All that coin you drop for the supercharger, but this is too much...:nonono:

I wouldn't pay $8 for a 2-liter bottle of soda despite all the coin I dropped on the SC.

I got the best price I could for that VMP.. I got a good price from Beefcake on the JLT that was way less than $199.

I think you get my point now.
RC

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I wouldn't pay $8 for a 2-liter bottle of soda despite all the coin I dropped on the SC.

I got the best price I could for that VMP.. I got a good price from Beefcake on the JLT that was way less than $199.

RC

No, the point is you get what you pay for. Your boosted now, shouldn't leave anything to chance. Last thing you need is oil vapor to drop your octane... Boom...

toomnymods

Established Member

RC

:lol:
that cheapness is going to cost u 6k eventually..

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
My dual catch can setup cost me about $25 for both cans from HD Racing and they work flawlessly. PVC pipe, a little black paint, $9 filters from autozone and a bone dry intake manifold ever since the install. Each side collects about 6 oz of oily watery residue every 5k miles(oil change).

I think companies try and overhype the need for an elaborate catch can system when it's really a simple process.

Plug the intake manifold and intake tube, and route the valve cover fittings to a breather.

Problem solved.

Just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread