Oil Catch Can-Preferences?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Any plusses or minuses with any specific Oil Catch Can? Would like to install one that has a matte black option, but would also like it to be one that is easy to install (direct fit or minimal cutting) and has a "clean" look since I like to pop the hood at car shows.
Thanks
RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
Forgot to add Im running VMP so Im not sure if there is a special one that lines up differently because of that.
RC

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
RC i have an allstar catch can. cheap and it works great.

catch%20can.jpg

i dont care on how it looks thats why i just used some autopart hoses but if you want it nice and pretty you could get braided lines with fittings for a clean finish.

RC-5.0

Established Member
JLT , pretty easy to install and does its job

That's the one Im looking for ..pass side only, and kind of out of the way off to the side.

Did you do any cutting to put that in? Do you have a PN or link to where you got it?

Thanks

If youre on FB, send me a Friend request.

Robert Colosimo

Thanks

burke985

Established Member
That's the one Im looking for ..pass side only, and kind of out of the way off to the side.

Did you do any cutting to put that in? Do you have a PN or link to where you got it?

Thanks

If youre on FB, send me a Friend request.

Robert Colosimo

Thanks

Instructions are on that page , pretty easy just splice into the breather hose

JLT Oil Separator (11-14 GT W/Roush/Whipple/FRPP Supercharger) [JLTOSP-FMGWIP-11] - $119.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT

willief23

Established Member
if you want a very good oil catch can get Bobs.
Bob's auto sports, catch can, oil separator, pvc, mustang

i choose the one that mounts on the strut tower. you can also get it located on the firewall if you want. bob's catch cans have stronger fittings and the hoses are alot stronger then the JLT ones. I have Prothane Bullet Motor Mounts installed in my car so I needed a catch can that has metal fittings, braided hoses that will stand up to the constant extra vibration put out from my solid motor mounts. Btw my car feels like one big massage chair after the motor mounts install lol. If you want slightly less vibration, but still better power transfer then stock mounts then get either Steeda or Blow By Racing Motor Mounts. They use the red polyurethane inserts which arent as harsh as the black ones in the prothane kit.

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I like my peterson catch can, make sure you use a catch can you dont want the valve cover gases going back into the intake no reason for this imo. Also the passenger side has a check valve be sure to remove it.

nosscort

Established Member
My setup is gt500 pcv valve on the pass side, bobs catch can. Drivers side I have a old jlt that never gets anything in..so far so good.. car is not a dd and I will be doing some suspension and nitrous install here next week and will see if anything is getting blown by.

Users who are viewing this thread