Established Member
Premium Member
Pleasantly Surprised Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't care who won that game. I wanted the OT rules to be different because I wanted more of that game.
Me, too! OT needs to change to an extra quarter. No sudden death! That's what I'd personally love to see. Especially in a game like that one!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Me, too! OT needs to change to an extra quarter. No sudden death! That's what I'd personally love to see. Especially in a game like that one!

What if they are tied at the end of that quarter too? Do they play until there is a winner at the end of a quarter?
Don't you think the players would be real tired/beat up after 5+ quarters?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What if they are tied at the end of that quarter too? Do they play until there is a winner at the end of a quarter?
Don't you think the players would be real tired/beat up after 5+ quarters?
At that point, sudden-death. The present coin-toss to see who gets the first chance to score a touchdown as beyond stupid, as was witnessed with the Buffalo/Kansas City game.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
At that point, sudden-death. The present coin-toss to see who gets the first chance to score a touchdown as beyond stupid

So after the end of a 5th quarter, it's sudden death? Is there still a coin toss before the 5+ quarters? Doesn't it come down to the coin toss again at that point?

Not being a dick, just genuinely curious.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Man, havent been in here in years! Shout out to the old NFL betting crew. Hope everyone is doing well.

Was just talking to someone about the good old days with members like CSD and Planter up in here. lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So after the end of a 5th quarter, it's sudden death? Is there still a coin toss before the 5+ quarters? Doesn't it come down to the coin toss again at that point?

Not being a dick, just genuinely curious.
No change would be 100%. But anything is better than where it is now. Maybe if the first possession team scores a touchdown, the other team gets one change to score a touchdown. If they match it, then the next team to score a field goal or touchdown wins. Like I said, there is no perfect answer. But the present policy needs some help.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
By the way, I'm really happy that the Bengals came back, played tough, and won to be in the Super Bowl. I know they're going to be underdogs to LA, but I'd love to see Cincy take the win. Hopefully it will be a good game.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Was mentioning to the wife what a difference in this thread. Back in the day, you'd have 100 or more posts on game day. And throughout the week there was constant banter. Those were the days.
Thanks Goodell.

Your government is lying to you

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks Patrick Mahomes threw that game? The entire second half he would just run around in the backfield and take sack after sack. Totally opposite of the first half. Either that or he was on drugs...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
THAT was a change in the defense. Before the second half, I told my wife that they have to make a defense change to stifle Mahomes in the second half. They did adjust, Mahomes did get stifled, and the Bengals won. So, NO, I don't believe Mahomes threw the game. The Bengals defense reacted and adjusted perfectly.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I can see some adjustment making a slight difference. To make him run around in the backfield like an idiot on half his drop backs? I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread