Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
@CobraBob
I have this feeling that they will end up here in CO after their suspensions done lol. Just seems like the perfect place for them.

Seeing Cora's involvement with both teams I have a feeling he's toast

I think AJ will get Art Brile’d in terms of future MLB managing gigs... Art served his time and is stuck coaching HS football.

EDIT: and that is a shame for Aj, I think he was against it, smashed screens in the dugout, but didn't do enough to stop it. He's obviously a talented Skipper and I'd hate to see him vanish from MLB.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Laughter is the best medicine.... I mean what else can you do?

5610578_4402933204634304512_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=_4L3Js0RU0kAX8gYHZM&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
^^^Truth........So the Nationals avoided being beaten by the signal stealers......lol.......in the WS by coming with five sets of signs so it made it real hard to steal the correct ones. Boston is up next and wonder if Cora will keep his job.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^Truth........So the Nationals avoided being beaten by the signal stealers......lol.......in the WS by coming with five sets of signs so it made it real hard to steal the correct ones. Boston is up next and wonder if Cora will keep his job.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Carlos Beltran either.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Report says it stopped in early 2018 anyways because it wasn't doing them any good. Notice that right after Cora and Beltran left, the supposed masterminds of the scheme, that it stopped?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Carlos Beltran either.

Beltran was a player at the time so they won't do anything to him.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Report says it stopped in early 2018 anyways because it wasn't doing them any good. Notice that right after Cora and Beltran left, the supposed masterminds of the scheme, that it stopped?

I wondered about that.

04MysticCobra

Established Member

Guess it had moved to Boston at that point. We shall see how hard MLB comes down on the Red Sox organization.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
I have to ask what is the big deal with "stealing" signs? Is it the stealing of signs or how the stealing was achieved that is the issue? Teams are communicating strategy and someone just happens to break the code and what exactly? I get how the issue stems from using the replay cameras and such but what if that tech was not being utilized.

Rare40th

Established Member
@SolarYellow

It's just because they used technology in the whole process. Had it just been hand signs or other special movements where it is more natural appearing then it would've flown over with a breeze.
What I keep having a hard time with is when people post videos of whistling/"trash can beatings" when it sounds like any other ball game noises.

Guaranteed every team does it in some way

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I have to ask what is the big deal with "stealing" signs? Is it the stealing of signs or how the stealing was achieved that is the issue? Teams are communicating strategy and someone just happens to break the code and what exactly? I get how the issue stems from using the replay cameras and such but what if that tech was not being utilized.

It's funny really, all of the hand-wringing and people in MLB clutching their pearls over this. Sign stealing has been going on since they started using signs. Bobby Valentine said yesterday they used technology and cameras in the 80's to steal signs.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Every other MLB team is stealing/cheating to some degree. It's all about the money. Sell tickets. Draw fans. Win games. Win championships. Win World Series. Smile all the way to the bank. This cheating is either condoned or management's eyes are shut. I wonder sometimes if in the case of the Sox, for example, does Cora in some way get "paid off" in his departure to keep his mouth shut so as not to implicate management/others in this. I would imagine a lot goes on behind the scenes that is more than a bit shady. What kind of pressure was Cora under while he was at Houston that pushed him to devise this cheating system? Oh, I wonder, wonder!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Every other MLB team is stealing/cheating to some degree. It's all about the money. Sell tickets. Draw fans. Win games. Win championships. Win World Series. Smile all the way to the bank. This cheating is either condoned or management's eyes are shut. I wonder sometimes if in the case of the Sox, for example, does Cora in some way get "paid off" in his departure to keep his mouth shut so as not to implicate management/others in this. I would imagine a lot goes on behind the scenes that is more than a bit shady. What kind of pressure was Cora under while he was at Houston that pushed him to devise this cheating system? Oh, I wonder, wonder!

There are also reports that the system was brought over from players with previous teams too. It's been going on forever and it's hilarious to see players now giving the babe in the woods routine about it.

Users who are viewing this thread