Official 2019 MLB Thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
So the Stro's hired Dusty Baker. I am not exited, but this hire is all about image at the moment. Dusty is a highly regarded and beloved skipper in the league and hopefully he is a stabilizing force on the team.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I do love seeing what pitchers have to say about it.

I'm all for a squad picking up on a pitcher tipping pitches, that's on the pitcher. But a team stealing signs? Nah

"In a different time, someone would get pegged every single inning."

I want nolan Ryan pegs followed by nolan Ryan headlocks+punches for any team, not just the 'stros, that steal signs. Every.single.inning.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I do love seeing what pitchers have to say about it.

I'm all for a squad picking up on a pitcher tipping pitches, that's on the pitcher. But a team stealing signs? Nah

"In a different time, someone would get pegged every single inning."

I want nolan Ryan pegs followed by nolan Ryan headlocks+punches for any team, not just the 'stros, that steal signs. Every.single.inning.

two can play that game though...have a feeling a few of these games are going to be bean ball wars turning into bench clearing brawls... Astros aren't the only ones either, but it seems the commissioner is not interested in doing anything to any other teams...there are solid accusations against the dodgers doing the same, obviously the Red Sox, hell the Yankees were actually fined for it in 2017....

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
two can play that game though...have a feeling a few of these games are going to be bean ball wars turning into bench clearing brawls... Astros aren't the only ones either, but it seems the commissioner is not interested in doing anything to any other teams...there are solid accusations against the dodgers doing the same, obviously the Red Sox, hell the Yankees were actually fined for it in 2017....

I hate the fact that the Astros did it. How much did it help? We'll never know for sure. But let's be real here. It came straight from the Yankees. They were caught using it when Beltran was there and when he came to Houston in 2017 he said they "weren't up with the times" and led the way. They used it, the Red Sox used it, and there are plenty of accusations that the Dodgers used it too. WTF did MLB think was going to happen providing a live feed to each team and telling them "now don't use this for anything bad?" I don't think every team did it but it was a lot more than the Astros and Red Sox.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I hate the fact that the Astros did it. How much did it help? We'll never know for sure. But let's be real here. It came straight from the Yankees. They were caught using it when Beltran was there and when he came to Houston in 2017 he said they "weren't up with the times" and led the way. They used it, the Red Sox used it, and there are plenty of accusations that the Dodgers used it too. WTF did MLB think was going to happen providing a live feed to each team and telling them "now don't use this for anything bad?" I don't think every team did it but it was a lot more than the Astros and Red Sox.

exactly how I feel brother...I hate all the hand ringing bullshit mfers acting like the astros are the dirtiest ****s to ever play the game...

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
I’m going to love watching every single time an astros player getting drilled with a fastball. Correa is the one that needs to shut the **** up.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Oh I know, but I'm a Rays guy so I've always hated those dirty yanks and BoSox :D

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Not if I was the one that didn't show up for the series. I bet he's glad this happened so he can excuse his shit performance. Same with Darvish.

Yeah ****ing right. A lot of players from other teams are saying the same thing. They’re going to have a very tough year and it’s going to be great.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah ****ing right. A lot of players from other teams are saying the same thing. They’re going to have a very tough year and it’s going to be great.

Glass houses. What are they other players going to do, try to win? They weren't already doing that? ‍♂️

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
LOL @ anyone who defends the Astros saying "other teams did it." Maybe other teams are doing things illegal to get an advantage...maybe the Astros are doing some of these same things, but it has been proven that the Astros cheated by stealing signs, using trash cans and whistles (and maybe buzzers but that hasn't been proven yet). How much of an advantage did it give them? We'll never know.

On a side note, for those piling on Bellinger, I think that is fair game. He shit the bed in the postseason and that had nothing to do with the Houston offense stealing signs. His performance was pathetic. However, that doesn't change the fact that the Astros cheated and got caught.

And on another side note, the Houston shit show of a press conference just made things worse. They couldn't have handled it any worse than they did. It was tone-deaf amateur hour. LOL Whoever was in charge of that needs to be beaten with the bat they used to bang on the trash can then put in said trash can and thrown over Niagara Falls. What a nightmare! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread