Official 2019 MLB Thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There are also reports that the system was brought over from players with previous teams too. It's been going on forever and it's hilarious to see players now giving the babe in the woods routine about it.

MLB had better investigate these other teams with the same fervor and zeal they had for Houston and Boston, or it’s a farce.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
In a related story....lol....the media in NY is reporting that the Mets are wavering right now on getting rid of Beltran. Many believe he will step down in the next few days before he gets canned. We shall see and stay tuned.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
It's funny really, all of the hand-wringing and people in MLB clutching their pearls over this. Sign stealing has been going on since they started using signs. Bobby Valentine said yesterday they used technology and cameras in the 80's to steal signs.

In any game requiring a bit of strategy is it not an objective to crack the proverbial code because that's Battle/Competition 101. IMO MLB is essentially saying you must be penalized for being intelligent enough to crack a code when, in all reality, that is part of the game. This is baseball and not a 1980's game show where you need to guess what is going to happen next. Next thing you know Wink Martindale will be the next commissioner of baseball.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
LMAO....at the story about Beltran's niece tweeting about the buzzer conspiracy theory and that it was an imposter but the person tweeting correctly reported the two things about him before they were official.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
559156736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=ghF2WKmw7ocAX8eempo&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Kinda fishy.

Based on what i read jack McDowell played on the white sox from 87-94. Tony La Russa was gone in 86 and coaching for the A's. So the time lines dont add up.

He said La Russa set it up he didn't say he was there at the same time.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
He said La Russa set it up he didn't say he was there at the same time.

Once a again. Fishy. How would you know if you werent there? Making a claim someone set it up but wasnt even there is pretty much making up shit.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Once a again. Fishy. How would you know if you werent there? Making a claim someone set it up but wasnt even there is pretty much making up shit.

Because he was involved in it for years himself? I mean it's not a wild stretch when he was asked to participate that he actually asked what it was and how it started.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Because he was involved in it for years himself? I mean it's not a wild stretch when he was asked to participate that he actually asked what it was and how it started.

Not saying McDowell wasnt part of the scam the whole time. But at best his statement is hear say. Since he wasnt actually there to know who set it up.

I have no idea if La Russa set it up or not.

Users who are viewing this thread