Official 2019 MLB Thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fprod-cust-photo-posts-jfaikqealaka%2Fc8825086-1714-2c65-fffc-5ccecd3e448b.png

Rare40th

Established Member
I'd expect similar punishment for Alex Cora...maybe even more since he's brown :D I kid...I kid....

LMAO almost spit out my lunch lol.

Just curious like you stated before how many teams do something similar. I know on the Altitude channel here in Denver all of the Rockies games are broadcasted from a camera that's in outfield. So you can see everything as it happens. Oddly enough there's small tv monitors in the dugout where the camera will catch a glimpse of the managers/players. Just makes you wonder sometimes...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LMAO almost spit out my lunch lol.

Just curious like you stated before how many teams do something similar. I know on the Altitude channel here in Denver all of the Rockies games are broadcasted from a camera that's in outfield. So you can see everything as it happens. Oddly enough there's small tv monitors in the dugout where the camera will catch a glimpse of the managers/players. Just makes you wonder sometimes...

I think a lot teams are doing it to an extent, but just haven't been caught....Cora might even get hit harder since he took his show on the road when he went to Boston. He was the Stros bench coach from 16-17....

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL.

You guys are ****ed too, that championship doesn’t mean shit now. It’s tainted, there’s always going to be an asterisk next to it indicating it’s a bogus championship.

don't care, still got a parade :D

Honestly this is just the beginning for many teams, it's naive to think only Boston and Houston were using tech. This is kinda like the whole peds deal, its going to blow up. Remember when the Yankees were crowing about PEDs use by other teams, then it turns out the top guys in their lineup were gassed up too. IMHO MLB needs to rule on sign stealing in all its forms. Teams keeping up with the times and leveraging technological methods is the same, stealing is stealing. I don't care which direction MLB goes, but there needs to be no ambiguity, its either legal or its not. At the end of the day hitters still have to put the bat on the ball and in play.

Did you see the deal about a phone app for stealing signs? LOL....Pandora is out of the box so to speak, there is no putting the toothpaste back in this tube. How are you going to manage that? You can't....

AI Phone App Learns Baseball Signals

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
don't care, still got a parade :D

Honestly this is just the beginning for many teams, it's naive to think only Boston and Houston were using tech. This is kinda like the whole peds deal, its going to blow up. Remember when the Yankees were crowing about PEDs use by other teams, then it turns out the top guys in their lineup were gassed up too. IMHO MLB needs to rule on sign stealing in all its forms. Teams keeping up with the times and leveraging technological methods is the same, stealing is stealing. I don't care which direction MLB goes, but there needs to be no ambiguity, its either legal or its not. At the end of the day hitters still have to put the bat on the ball and in play.

Did you see the deal about a phone app for stealing signs? LOL....Pandora is out of the box so to speak, there is no putting the toothpaste back in this tube. How are you going to manage that? You can't....

AI Phone App Learns Baseball Signals

I think MLB is using/going to use these incidents as an example to show the rest of the league not to use tech for cheating/stealing signs. I think it ends with the astros and Alex Cora. Or they’re going to get better at hiding it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think MLB is using/going to use these incidents as an example to show the rest of the league not to use tech for cheating/stealing signs. I think it ends with the astros and Alex Cora. Or they’re going to get better at hiding it.

not in this day and age with disgruntled staff, players that have the world at their fingertips in terms of communication, it all will come out in the wash....I have a feeling they are really going to put the screws to Cora.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
not in this day and age with disgruntled staff, players that have the world at their fingertips in terms of communication, it all will come out in the wash....I have a feeling they are really going to put the screws to Cora.

I agree, Cora is in some really deep shit.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I agree, Cora is in some really deep shit.

he might be facing a ban...BTW the Dodgers have been accused by a few teams too. Met's think they were stealing sings and Brewers think they were actually using video to do so as well. Like I said I think this is a common practice among quite a few teams and its naive to think otherwise, it's just too easy in this day and age.

Mets suspicious that Dodgers are stealing signs: 'I think they have a system'

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodge...stealing-in-2018-per-the-athletic/2020/01/08/

Rare40th

Established Member
I would imagine almost every team in the MLB has a system that they use to decode opposing team signals/signs. What dumbfounds me is the fact that they would use something such as trash cans and beat on them making it obvious. Can't tell me that each team doesn't have enough money to fund an IT guy that can setup speakers/mics in each dugout so you can listen in or relay messages.

And yet Charlie Hustle is still banned for life lol

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
he might be facing a ban...BTW the Dodgers have been accused by a few teams too. Met's think they were stealing sings and Brewers think they were actually using video to do so as well. Like I said I think this is a common practice among quite a few teams and its naive to think otherwise, it's just too easy in this day and age.

Mets suspicious that Dodgers are stealing signs: 'I think they have a system'

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodge...stealing-in-2018-per-the-athletic/2020/01/08/

I agree that most of the teams are doing it, but getting caught for it in the playoffs/World Series is as bad as it can get. And I do think Cora is probably going to get a lifetime ban, if not, it will be very hard for him to get another managing job.

Users who are viewing this thread