Nitrous and 99/01 cobra's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEWOODKING

ok guys help me out.....just to double check cuz this is MY car....could i run a 75 shot wet zex on my completely stock except mods in my sig every once in awhile with no tune and not have to worry about things breaking?? as it is my daily driver...

NXSVTCOBRA

9blackcobra9 said:
ok guys help me out.....just to double check cuz this is MY car....could i run a 75 shot wet zex on my completely stock except mods in my sig every once in awhile with no tune and not have to worry about things breaking?? as it is my daily driver...
you should be okay, Im sure you'll get bored with a 75 hp shot after 5 seconds

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I spoke with the local Mustang Speed shop and he said that I could run the wet zex kit, 75 hp, without a tune. That way I would not have to drive a retarded car.

So, since I don't race competitively, the 75 hp and gears I'm getting should be quite nice. Oh yeah, believe he said have it came on around 3500 to 5500

Nazman

Established Member
I got a complete NX Wet Kit for sale.

NX EFI Race Wet Kit
1 X 15LBS Bottle w/High Flow Valve
1 X 10LBS Bottle w/Regular Flow Valve
MSD Digital Window Switch
WOT Sensor
Pirahna Nozzle & 35-175 N/F Jets
NX Billet Bottle Mount
Steeda 3 Position Nitrous Switch (Armed, Warmer & Purge)
Fuel Pressure Sensor
GEN 2X Kit
-Bottle heater
-Blow off tube and valve
-Purge Kit
Ill throw a complete JLT CAI & a RAI with this kit along with a bunch more parts!

PM me for details.

Naz

snake_01

Crazy SVT
Established Member
I am running a Zex Wet kit 100 shot. Haven't had any problems yet, but i only spray at the track for about 2 or 3 runs. I do not abuse it and I am having a tune done this thursday to be safe. a 75 or 100 shot with a good tune and not abused will be ok in my opinion.

snake_01

Crazy SVT
Established Member
9blackcobra9 said:

I have for a while now, but I am getting tune this thursday.

hawkti

Established Member
What is the difference between a dry shot and wet shot. I understand what the physical difference is, ie wet is shot with fuel and dry just nitrous. I just want opinions on if one is better for our cars than the other?
I thinking about putting a 75 shot on to play with and want to know what direction to go.

mustangfo

Established Member
Anybody know exactly where you would mount the solenoid for a zex in a 99

01svtn909

Established Member
had a guy tell me with a roush he ran a 150 shot no blower and thru a rod thru the block he said he sprayed in 5th and i thought u where not supposed to spray in a over drive gear?

ironhorse

Established Member
ok whats the trick to getting a dry shot to work on a 99 cobra??? i am spraying b4 the maf and the only thing that happened was the car went lean with no hp increase...this was with a 100 shot...is it to much for the maf????i have heard that the only way to make a dry shot work is with a fuel enrichment module....i cant find one anywhere...

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
My car would not tune until I moved it to AFTER the Maf and had my tuner bump fuel to compensate.

I've had it on the dyno 3 times since and the AF is perfect. You'll have a harder time tuning it before the MAF. A 100 will just freeze it which is what you did likely.

If you look at the left side of this picture you'll see the nitrous going in after the MAF.

a 75 shot dynoed 375/475tq

2005engine2.jpg

Nazman

Established Member
I would stay away from dry kits.

What makes power is the extra fuel you get to burn with the extra O2 release from the nitrous. Not just the nitrous.

That means. You need fuel!

I would sell the dry kit and get my complete kit including remote bottle opener....check out the Market!

Naz

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
I would stay away from dry kits.

What makes power is the extra fuel you get to burn with the extra O2 release from the nitrous. Not just the nitrous.

That means. You need fuel!

I would sell the dry kit and get my complete kit including remote bottle opener....check out the Market!

Naz

Naz - the fuel is there is both cases - you can't just add nitrous or you'll fry your motor - it's just whether it's added at the cylinder or intake.

Nazman

Established Member
Naz - the fuel is there is both cases - you can't just add nitrous or you'll fry your motor - it's just whether it's added at the cylinder or intake.

I know that. What I mean is that the Wet System is easier to tune, and more reliable.

Spraying in front of the MAF is just foolish. You could 1. Freze the MAF Element and cause an overly lean condition, 2. Its not the right way to do it, and 3. PITA to tune.

Plus, doing so reliying thru the stock injectors (which will be maxed by ~375RW) is silly as well.

With a wet system, you could adjust the jet size to tune, fuel comes thru the nozzle so yoou dont have to max your injectors and your MAF will not go crazy allowing you for an easy tune.

My .02

Naz

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
I must say that i completely agree with everything Naz stated above.... a wet kit is so much more precise due to the adjustability of the fuel by using different jets...

ironhorse

Established Member
thanks for the help...

my next question is will a stock fuel system support a 125 wet shot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread