Nitrous and 99/01 cobra's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Scott 01Cobra said:
Guys, this is NOT something to debate ....

Anything over the 400-425 mark is extremely questionable on a stock mod motor. 2 of my best friends had 425 - VERY VERY safe tunes. 1 year later they were both buying new engines.

100 isn't SO bad. Get it dynoed and see what a 75 puts down and then decide. Make your decision based on the RWHP # and stay under 425. That's my suggestion.

Your A/F should be in the 11.4:1 to 11.6:1 range.

So I guess I should spray a 25 shot then,lol. Maybe 100 shot will last? who knows.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Scott 01Cobra said:
Guys, this is NOT something to debate ....

Tons of people run 150 shots - I know. I've been around in this a LONG time but for every person who gets lucky and has no problems there is a person who does not have that luck. Same goes with blowers. Some people run around all day for 5 years with 10 pounds and another guy blows it up after a month.

Anything over the 400-425 mark is extremely questionable on a stock mod motor. 2 of my best friends had 425 - VERY VERY safe tunes. 1 year later they were both buying new engines.

No difference with Nitrous - anytime you increase cylinder pressure you are at risk and there is a HUGE difference between a 75 or 100 shot and a 150 shot. A LOT of people say Nitrous is actually worse because it hits SO hard. A Blower is more gradual.

If it is YOUR car, do what you want but no one should ever tell someone a 150 shot is perfectly safe, unless YOU are going to buy them an engine when they blow it up. Nothing saying it won't blow up on a 75 shot either but it's a hell of lot less likely.

100 isn't SO bad. Get it dynoed and see what a 75 puts down and then decide. Make your decision based on the RWHP # and stay under 425. That's my suggestion.

Your A/F should be in the 11.4:1 to 11.6:1 range.

Sounds to me that a 100 shot would be just about right for my car. Keep it around 400whp and call it a day. What brand of chips are all of you guys using?

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
AJRED99 said:
So I guess I should spray a 25 shot then,lol. Maybe 100 shot will last? who knows.

Well it's offical, I made a pass with both a 75 shot and a 100! It ran pretty hard, however I only ran it in 3rd and 4th gear. I trapped 117mph in the 1/4, not to bad for a stock 4.6 shortblock especially with the DA, heat and humidty, according to the ET calculators that run "should" have trapped o/a 121mph!

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
Sounds to me that a 100 shot would be just about right for my car. Keep it around 400whp and call it a day. What brand of chips are all of you guys using?

SCT Here, multi switch setting so I can go NA all day then go to the spray setting when I want.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
What is your mods other then spray???? Nice trap btw!

Full bolt-on's, Stage 3 P/P Heads, Stage 3 comp cams, fully P/P intake, 4:30's ect... plus the juice.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
what size fuel injectors should be used with a 150 shot (built stroker block)? would the stock terminator 39lbs be enough? this is with a NX wet kit.

NXSVTCOBRA

N/Angel said:
what size fuel injectors should be used with a 150 shot (built stroker block)? would the stock terminator 39lbs be enough? this is with a NX wet kit.
yes, but you may have to de-tune them i was running a set of 39lb/hr injectors, on my .020 4v and it was EXTREMELY rich, I ended up running stockers, remember if you are running a wet shot that extra fuel will be coming from your fuel solenoid

99SVTcobraVERT

again a LOT of people have ran 150 shots no problem and others have had issues with less. so in the end there will ALWAYS be maybe's when you put power adder and stock motor in the same breath. one thing remains left to be said....

you PLAY then you damn sure need to make sure you can PAY

Rotzs99

Established Member
So if i bought a kit for my stock engine and ran a 100 shot (tuned) i should be pretty good, and it wont reduce my engine life very much?

99SVTcobraVERT

100 shot doesnt need a tune, doesnt need a change in any fuel system components or anything. its not going to hurt anything most as long as you arent stupid with it (dont spray below 3k rpm) and dont hit rev limiter and you should be ok. but i also wouldnt go as far as saying it wont hurt longivity of the motor. its an extra 100hp and 130tq of stress that the pistons/rings and rods bearings arent supposed to have. but it wont be an over night break down but in few years be looking for some signs

Rotzs99

Established Member
however a tune will help right? I might bump that up to 125 if it feels right. I figured its also a chance to get a N/A tune as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread