Nitrous and 99/01 cobra's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXSVTCOBRA

forged H-beam rods, and flat top pistons if it's gonna be a nitrous motor, thats my advice

im running a flat-top piston and im most likely gonna be spraying a 225shot on some good gas

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
forged H-beam rods, and flat top pistons if it's gonna be a nitrous motor, thats my advice

im running a flat-top piston and im most likely gonna be spraying a 225shot on some good gas

How much would a good set of rods and pistons run me (H-beam's) and flat tops?

Thanks for all your help, and Im very sorry to hear about your ride.

NXSVTCOBRA

call pro-power, ask for either bill or adam, 954-563-2268 i believe they are closed on the weekends, but they have low prices, i was up there last week and they have a bunch of modular shyt on sale this month

allibabu

is my s/n
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
Is there any advantage to a direct port system?

sure, but it's a pain in the ass to install and expensive. obviously there is an advantage if you have a individual nozzle for each of the 8. why would you go off and do something like that? i'd only go that route if it was a dedicated racer and you're shooting at least a 200 shot.

NXSVTCOBRA

allibabu said:
sure, but it's a pain in the ass to install and expensive. obviously there is an advantage if you have a individual nozzle for each of the 8. why would you go off and do something like that? i'd only go that route if it was a dedicated racer and you're shooting at least a 200 shot.
i'd say that's inaccurate, it's not a pain in the ass at all, just time consuming, i did one the other day with a friend of mine it took 4 hours to do the tubing, which isn't bad considering we were drinking and bullshiting most of the time, as far as pricing it is not really an expensive deal either what does a base NOS brand kit cost new? $549 (according to summit) whereas a sportsman fogger (direct port) is $659 (again according to summit)

the only problem is that you cannot run that set-up on the 4v without a sullivan intake, however TNT (Texas Nitrous Technology) can make you a direct port spray bar set-up for your existing intake manifold, it's cheap, i've seen the work and it looks quality, again you get the direct port system for a low cost

as far as only going that route if you spray more than a 200 shot i disagree with that also, the intake manifold on the 99+ 4v could benefit from even nitrous distribution (some type of direct system) in oppose to a single nozzle, no matter what shot size you spray

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
yes, even nitrous distribution, also more power from the same shot size

you also get a harder hit :thumbsup:
So should I even consider it without a bulit motor?

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
You better have a built motor if you plan on running a 200+ shot.

And like sprayed said you will be fine w/ a 200+ shot w/out having a direct port also.

NXSVTCOBRA

JebTonkin said:
So should I even consider it without a bulit motor?
if you're just starting out go for a base NX EFI kit, then later on you could upgrade your intake manifold to the spray bar mod i stated earlier, but on a direct port and a stock bottom a 150 shot "might" be in the lands of risky business

jlauth

Established Member
Sprayed pony would you suggest the NX wet kit for my 97 cobra over a dry kit. NX is my first choice.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
What is this spray bar mod that you are talking about?

Would that be the best option for me to use if I spray a 200 shot?

Ot could I spray a 200 just like i would a 100?

NXSVTCOBRA

droptopsnake01 said:
What is this spray bar mod that you are talking about?

Would that be the best option for me to use if I spray a 200 shot?

Ot could I spray a 200 just like i would a 100?
with an NX kit if you want to spray a 200 through the single fogger you'll need to upgrade the line from the solenoid to the shark nozzle, im assuming you have a built motor?

the corral is down so i can't include a pic of the spray bar system

NXSVTCOBRA

here's the spraybar system on an 04 cobra lower

lightnigspraybars.jpg

lightnigspraybars.jpg

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
So I think I will just get the base kit and if I ever build my motor I will just upgrade.

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
MAJOR questions / issues - please help >>>>>

To make a long story short .....

Running a Dry NOS Post Maf setup - all the safety items are installed (heater/window switch/wot switch).

SCT multi-chip software. But the car will not tune.

PLEASE do not tell me it "should" tune. I've had some of the best tuners in the US look at the tune file and it is 100% perfect. I think just the variables with NOS is causing issues. getting the computer to add the fuel properly etc.

I only am looking for specific info pertaining to switching over to a POST Maf Wet setup. And if it's safe to do so.

I will add a 20 amp boost a pump to help. The rest of the fuel system is stock.

I realize that the 99/01 intake is not designed to flow fuel but is it still safe to do so?

How many have done this? I want 2 programs. A 75 Shot program and a 125 or 150 shot program. I really don't want to jump over the 450 mark.

Thank you in advance for your replies - happy holidays :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread