Nitrous and 99/01 cobra's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
What are the primary differences between a dry and wet kit? Also, what is the function of the window switch? Thanks.

ColoradoStang

must rid myself of non-pi
Established Member
dry systems inject only nitrous

wet combines the fuel with the nitrous, wet systems offer bigger shots too :-D

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
blown04vert said:
99-01 cobra's can also be sprayed with 150 shot with stock plugs, stock injectors,maf and pump for 30,000 miles with no issues. i know because i did it =) although im not saying it was the smartest thing to do... but it CAN be done.

here is a cool tip for new guys to a kit w/o a bottle warmer. i ran my bottle line to my back seat flooring so i could remove bottle while inside the car and do whatever with it. i could even bring it up to front passenger seat floorboard and push it up to the heat vent on the floor and cut the heat on full blast. this works great in winter time and/or when nitrous level is low. like i said i did a lot of stupid stuff but it was fun while i used it !

This method works, I KNOW (Cause I have used it), but hindsight, what would of been the 'better' choice? This or a bottle warmeer and some extra $$$!

P.S. More money, yes but; Better safe than sorry!!!!

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
So if I want to get my 01 going on about 125 shot, then changing my spark plugs wounld be the only thing really needed?

kevsstangs

so i have a 75 shot on my 01 cobra what do i need to do for fuel pump modifications. and what would be the best?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I usually spray a 75 shot just dicking around on the street, but I plan on spraying a 150-shot at the track without a tune on 110 racegas at least a couple times. Do you think I should pull some timing out of it?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I usually spray a 75 shot just dicking around on the street, but I plan on spraying a 150-shot at the track without a tune on 110 racegas at least a couple times. Do you think I should pull some timing out of it? I just want one wheels-up run in the mid-low 11's to prove how well my drag suspension is working. :)

NXSVTCOBRA

RippinSVT said:
I usually spray a 75 shot just dicking around on the street, but I plan on spraying a 150-shot at the track without a tune on 110 racegas at least a couple times. Do you think I should pull some timing out of it? I just want one wheels-up run in the mid-low 11's to prove how well my drag suspension is working. :)
that would be the safe thing to do, me personally, I fine tune my car on the street so..... my advice to you is to tune your car accordingly, if you don't know how, take it to someone who does

pge27

Comp Orange GT
Established Member
so a 100 to 150 shot on an 01 cobra with a stock bottom end is safe...
as long as its tuned, different fuel filter, different fuel pump, and different plugs?????

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
pge27 said:
so a 100 to 150 shot on an 01 cobra with a stock bottom end is safe...
as long as its tuned, different fuel filter, different fuel pump, and different plugs?????

That's a HUGE jump to call safe. That compression chamber would be under tremendous pressure.

I just tuned my 75 dry shot. It put down 402/472

On a 100 the HP would be over 425 and 150 closer to 475. It will blow like a prostitute on New Years Eve. Not saying you won't get lucky.

I felt to stay safe I would not up the jet to a 100 shot. I'll see what differences the track times are and go from there.

Both fuel tables need to be adjusted using a chip (The base tables and the fuel multiplication tables). I went with a KB Boost a pump - had tons of pump left - I could easily run a 100 with no fuel issues.

NXSVTCOBRA

Scott 01Cobra said:
That's a HUGE jump to call safe. That compression chamber would be under tremendous pressure.

I just tuned my 75 dry shot. It put down 402/472

On a 100 the HP would be over 425 and 150 closer to 475. It will blow like a prostitute on New Years Eve. Not saying you won't get lucky.

I felt to stay safe I would not up the jet to a 100 shot. I'll see what differences the track times are and go from there.

Both fuel tables need to be adjusted using a chip (The base tables and the fuel multiplication tables). I went with a KB Boost a pump - had tons of pump left - I could easily run a 100 with no fuel issues.
there are plenty of people that run or has run 150 shot on a stock bottom end, i used to run 150 shot on a stock bottom end for 1+ year..... and my engine held up, it let go for a total different reason when it let go

whitehorsegt

"Tampa Stock"
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
there are plenty of people that run or has run 150 shot on a stock bottom end, i used to run 150 shot on a stock bottom end for 1+ year..... and my engine held up, it let go for a total different reason when it let go
+1 ive been on a 150shot dry shot for like 2 months....its all in the tune...oh btw im also on a stock motor (stock bottom end, stock intake manifolds, tb, intake inlet, fuel pump, injectors, etc.) :banana:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
How much is considered safe a on very modified cobra but with a stock Short Block? I have H/C/I and every other supporting bolt-on and should be real close if not at 400rwhp on the motor. I currenlty have an NX EFI Race Kit with a Genx2 kit and MSD D/ws along with the rest of the go fast goodies, FPSS,ect... Could I spray it with a 100 shot?

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
Guys, this is NOT something to debate ....

Tons of people run 150 shots - I know. I've been around in this a LONG time but for every person who gets lucky and has no problems there is a person who does not have that luck. Same goes with blowers. Some people run around all day for 5 years with 10 pounds and another guy blows it up after a month.

Anything over the 400-425 mark is extremely questionable on a stock mod motor. 2 of my best friends had 425 - VERY VERY safe tunes. 1 year later they were both buying new engines.

No difference with Nitrous - anytime you increase cylinder pressure you are at risk and there is a HUGE difference between a 75 or 100 shot and a 150 shot. A LOT of people say Nitrous is actually worse because it hits SO hard. A Blower is more gradual.

If it is YOUR car, do what you want but no one should ever tell someone a 150 shot is perfectly safe, unless YOU are going to buy them an engine when they blow it up. Nothing saying it won't blow up on a 75 shot either but it's a hell of lot less likely.

100 isn't SO bad. Get it dynoed and see what a 75 puts down and then decide. Make your decision based on the RWHP # and stay under 425. That's my suggestion.

Your A/F should be in the 11.4:1 to 11.6:1 range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread