New "Torque Booster" Package for Paxton / Vortech coyote cars

Fastnature

Established Member
I like it.. $600-700 for 3-4 tenths at track and should be alot more fun on the street. I see guys spend that kind of money or more for 1-2 tenths gain. Some spend money and get no gains. Seems like it is knocking the TVS guys door of tq in the mid range if you ask me

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Makes more sense when I'm not intoxicated. Wasn't really drunk I just think what I was drinking had me all kinds of retarded.

Beef make a kit like this with a tial bov too and then have a sale on it lol. I would jump on stuff like this but I don't feel like picking up my rods from the ground....

stang8psi

Established Member

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
so is this similar to JPC's big red valve, and the Tial Q that they sell? JPC Paxton/Vortech Tial Q 50mm Race Blow Off Valve - Justin's Performance Center

I understand the pulley size is different, but what else?

I've got the Tial Q on my set up, and curious how this particular set up differs. Very interesting with the lower torq hit. Might be a worthy investment.

Not to come off as a dick, search on the forums and google "waste gated centrifugal supercharger" and you will see the difference.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I did a little bit more research on wastegates and bypass valves. So with this wastegate I would still run the stock bypass valve correct? The materials are supplied for the addional splice into the vacuum lines?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That would be kinda hard. That Tial 44mm gate is about 350 by itself before shipping to the guy who spends 2 hrs welding on the reinforcement plate, bov flange, cutting the hole, blending the inside then cleaning it all out and bead roller the ends. Don't forget the cost of the tube ;-)

exactly. the bend's are $50, plus the cost of the additional aluminum flange, the $85 pulley, and the $60 bend, and as you said, the $350 wastegate and the fabricators time.

If someones car is down for a week or so, we would be happy to take your existing bend and knock $50 off the cost.

You can always do some "knock off" stuff and crappy welding. But if we are marketing a product, it's going to be a good quality product.

And again, for the $$, for the gains, not a bad investment, especially considering you aren't putting the engine over where we like them tuned at.

so is this similar to JPC's big red valve, and the Tial Q that they sell? JPC Paxton/Vortech Tial Q 50mm Race Blow Off Valve - Justin's Performance Center

I understand the pulley size is different, but what else?

I've got the Tial Q on my set up, and curious how this particular set up differs. Very interesting with the lower torq hit. Might be a worthy investment.

a bov in this case is more for just sound. the race bov that comes with the Paxton and vortech's is more than adequate for even the increased boost with this setup. The bov setup lets you get more "noise" or a different "pitch" out of the setup

The wastegate allows you to run a smaller pulley, but limit top end boost to keep the setup safe for a stock engine.

I did a little bit more research on wastegates and bypass valves. So with this wastegate I would still run the stock bypass valve correct? The materials are supplied for the addional splice into the vacuum lines?

the way we have this setup, the fittings and vacuum lines are all preinstalled. there is nothing else that needs to be done, it's "plug and play" as you would say.

you will need to move your idler over 1 spot in the bracket system to take up the slack from the stock pulley.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
exactly. the bend's are $50, plus the cost of the additional aluminum flange, the $85 pulley, and the $60 bend, and as you said, the $350 wastegate and the fabricators time.

so is the bend 50 or 60?????

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

my cost shipped is just under $60.

another option we would offer is a $35 "core" if you send us your old tube back.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

Is he not supposed to make a profit for this?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
The wastegate allows you to run a smaller pulley, but limit top end boost to keep the

the way we have this setup, the fittings and vacuum lines are all preinstalled. there is nothing else that needs to be done, it's "plug and play" as you would say.

you will need to move your idler over 1 spot in the bracket system to take up the slack from the stock pulley.

Thanks, I'm gonna see if I can order mine today :beer:

I wouldn't be too concerned with the $10.... This is for supercharged cars :poke:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Thanks, I'm gonna see if I can order mine today :beer:

I wouldn't be too concerned with the $10.... This is for supercharged cars :poke:

not the point.... it the honesty.
I found the elbow for 22 and the gate for 350 just doing a quick search.
im a fabricator so I pick things like this apart.

Fastnature

Established Member
Dont forget the pulley, small peice of metal to reinforce pipe, and what ever the other small parts are. Then factor time unless it is free of coarse.

I think this is good for the guy that dont have all the tools to do the tig work and grinding him or herself. I personally dont have the tools to do it nor the tig welding skills.

Users who are viewing this thread