new to the formers want to say hello and show the stang

03zycobra

Established Member
35K for an 04 Cobra with a Saleen Body Kit? You should of did some more research. Sold my 02 Real Saleen 2 years ago and got my 03 Cobra with 1600 miles for 28K. Unless you put a ton of money down you are stuck with that car. And to be perfectly honest with you it's probably more desirable if you return it back to it's original form. Especially since it's a clone. Other than the tail lights and square center exhaust tips it's actually a nice car but the price turns my stomach. Now go tell your parents your sorry.

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
your the kinda people that give mustang owners a bad name all you do is talk shit..

Alright look, with your spelling and attitude, your the one giving mustang owners a bad name. Its not hard to make friends on here. If your HONEST this can be one of the best places to be. But you have already ruined that for yourself. As far as Im concerned, you should be driving rice.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
well i see that we have 9 pages lol

but its a nice ride

i do think it could be a dealer mod car we have 2 dealers that do that, the take a new car and mod it with every thing outta the roush parts book, i have seen a 04 Mach with the whole roush setup and sold 100% new with it like that but it wasnt a certified roush it was just added by the dealer that could be the case with your car. they bought all the real parts but it isnt a certified Saleen

the grill part could of been they ordered the bumper in and seen the mounting holes for a GT grill and instead of doing the grill delete the just put a GT grill in

nice ride none the less

I dont see why he is getting bashed so hard, its just like adding a saleen bumper to a GT. IT IS A REAL COBRA, it has the real saleen parts not the knockoff stuff, it was done to look as good as the person doing the job wanted and it is a real nice looking car. no hate from me other then a little on the price but hell al least it runs good and looks good.

why are ppl saying it looks junky with junk parts ?? 1st you say o its so cool if its a real saleen but now you find that its a clone now it looks like crap and they are junky parts?? WTF give the kid a break, so what if he paid too much its his money and his loss

Last edited:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Nice fake Saleen Cobra..ur..um..real Cobra..ur..um..whatever it is???

:dw:

Looks alright but if you're going to clone something...might as well get all the correct parts on it and do it right!!!

This thread is so God damn long, I don't remember if he was trying to play it off as real or not???

I doubt the dealership tried playing it off as a real Saleen Cobra and I doubt anybody in their right mind would have bought a Saleen Cobra with questionable parts on it and without the correct documents/certificates!!!

$35,000 is too low for a genuine 03-04' Cobra Saleen and too high for a genuine 03'-04' Cobra!!!

Looks ok but like I said before, get all the right parts on it if you're goin' to pass it off as a clone!!!

Later...Dave

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just finished reading all 9 pages.... I drove down to the states from Canada to buy a cobra. I looked in Michigan, illinois, and indiana. they where all around the same price (26-29k about a year ago) I did not see one for over 30,000 unless it was a vert from a dealer. 35k is outrageous for that car, IMO the fact that the car is not a real saleen cobra and has the kit on it makes the car go down in value. It's funny because up here in canada dealers are still trying the get 35-38k for 03/04 cobras. I paid 28k for mine with 16,000 miles (Bone stock). Then i joined this site and looked in the market section and i thought to my self "man i got ripped off" (seeing i could have got a cobra with around the same miles with a Kenne Bell on it for around the same price) but i excepted it and learnt my lesson. so if I feel like i paid to much and i bought mine from the same region then your either in denial or just plain ignorant.

But if you get pasted the price it is a nice car.. I would just sell off that saleen kit and covert it back to a original terminator. It's a cobra you really don't have to be something your not.

Last edited:

lifter213

Established Member
I dont see why this guy is getting bashed so hard either. He probably overpaid, but if he likes the way it looks and is happy :shrug:

moparornocar2

Established Member
I am also puzzled as to the bashing? If you go out to a movie on Friday night and it cost you $10.50 to get in, then you liked it so much you went back to the matinee Saturday afternoon and it cost you $5.00 for the same movie. What makes the movie any less entertaining than it was the night before?

saleencobra

Established Member
ok well i just got back from a work weekend and wow same stuff new day ill say ti again for those who don't understand. I did not ever believe or hope this was real. i was only curious to the origin because of what the dealer had told me. i was told by the salesman who originally sold it in 04 and who also saw it come off the truck that this is how it arrived minus the tails. now the previous owner put those on..idk why their hideous

anyways i did not build this myself so stop saying i didn't do it right.... i just wanted to post some pics to say hey and show my mustang. i called it a saleen cobra not thinkign pple would have a spazz attack it looks like one..."for the most part" so thats why i call it that i wouldnt advertise it for sale as such and as soon as pple asked i didnt try and play it off as being real i have never once said this is a real saleen cobra,

thanks for all that have posted nice comments or constructive criticism the reason i bought this car for the price i did was in order to purchase the vehicle i needed a loan. because im not gonna lie i dont have that much cash.. anyways my "daddy" as you lput it works for ford and has for 45 years not as an exec so no its not a rich thing....he has always gone through ford dealers for his vehicles he doesnt liek dealing with private owners even tho i've told him many times as to the benifits mostly the cheaper prices...

In order to get the loan i of course needed a cosigner "insert dad" he wouldnt go along with a sale unless it was through a dealer mostly cuz he wanted warranties and he likes havign someone to complain to when shit breaks. so thats why i went thru a dealer in the first place..

also i DID do my hw i was looking for cobras since last fall and hadnt run across any that interested me i did find a 10th anniversary with 13 mi for 32k a good deal i think but.....i was in georgia for 4 months over the summer at basic training soo i wasnt able to get that car it sold a week or so before i could get someone to go get it. i continued looking throughout the summer but no luck really... i really wanted black or 10th anniversary or a mystic i wanted something unique..

saleens never really interested me but then i found this really close to home right after i got back from training so i looked at it and it grew on me so i bought it. i'd been without a car for awhile so u have to understand i was more than anxious for a new mustang. well thats the story behind it other than that the tails should be on in a week or so i fixed the grill cuz i never liked the honeycomb effect anyways so thanks for that advice...

thats about all i got

oh and i still think posi's a dick :/

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
i'm on their insurance only to keep costs down on the car but i'm doing what a normal 19 yr old does go to college! is that a concept your familiar with?
or do i need to explain it COLLEGE - place for higher learning....so you dont work at mcdonalds and dont say shit about my spelling im just bad at typing.. and i wish you lived in michigan id set you straight since you think you can talk so much shit

well I am in michigan , so if you'd like to try to set me straight since i agree with posi , let me know :poke:

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
royal oak ford i ran the vin just now totally clear all the reports are title updates ha i knew it was clean the vehicle was actually used by ford in the corporate fleet i guess for a few months...idk

well that says it all right there as to why he got ripped so hard. That dealership is a joke and ownership has changed 3 times in the past 5 years.
And if your dad works for ford as you said , why in Gods name would he allow you to buy a car from there considering that there have been ford employes out there for months protesting that place for their treatment of the shop employees ?

If it makes you feel better to tell yourself that you got a good deal on a car , so be it . In reality , you paid too much for a car that wasn't what the dealer told you. Learn through your mistakes

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
to my knowledge...and this is what i got from the original salesman of the car i bought it with 3600 miles. now this is confusing to me because it does not have the saleen plaques which it should have if it is from saleens factory. i'm planning on going to saleen's plant in troy and asking some questions but so far all i know is this is how it arrived to the dealer originally. There were 17 saleen cobras made in 04 15 in the US 9 verts and 8 coupes i think idk....anyways the cobras were shipped to saleen if requested. they then got the saleen body kit and rims as well as the 281 badging they retained the cobra hood, interior and performance parts. from what i've been told this is all that was done to the cobras saleen didn't really mess with much, seeing as they are terminators..

wish i had more info regarding the actual situation i should be visiting the plant in a month or so. but my car has everything a #d car would have plus more

this was your response after someone asking you if your car was a legit, numbered saleen cobra, after you introduced it as one---you replied "to my knowledge", and then commented on you going to the plant to find out why your car did not come with the plaque

yea your absolutly right cant you see that mine do?

correction it is hard to see but i assure you there real and yea there extremly pricey

this was your response after someone asked you why it looked like your wheels were not the correct ones.

hey thanks alot for the info! i've had a tuff time finding someone with a #d saleen cobra to compare yes i've noticed those differences as well i'm positve the salesmen isnt trying to lead me on i think he's just misinformed i'm totally used to being more knowlegable about mustangs then most of the dealers around here. i'll still be checking the vin but yea i dont have my hopes up or anything.

Anyways thanks all, for your input hope i meet some of you someday!

this is after enough people stated the differences in your car and a legit saleen, you said "i don't have my hopes up", and "i'm totally used to being more knowledgeable about mustangs"--clearly you were fooled into thinking it was a real saleen cobra.

i'm not trying to bash the hell out of you, but just admit the fact that you thought it was a legit saleen, and no one will give you anymore shit. i actually feel bad for you---you got taken advantage of on the car paying way too much, probably have a shitty interest rate on your loan, are probably paying out the ass for insurance, and will probably end up having to sell the car (at a loss to you) because you realize that you just can't keep paying for it, or the insurance. that is, if you don't blow the car up first "taking it easy on the dyno". i hope this does not end up being the case because you've been run through the ringer on this thread.

saleencobra

Established Member
this was your response after someone asking you if your car was a legit, numbered saleen cobra, after you introduced it as one---you replied "to my knowledge", and then commented on you going to the plant to find out why your car did not come with the plaque

this was your response after someone asked you why it looked like your wheels were not the correct ones.

this is after enough people stated the differences in your car and a legit saleen, you said "i don't have my hopes up", and "i'm totally used to being more knowledgeable about mustangs"--clearly you were fooled into thinking it was a real saleen cobra.

i'm not trying to bash the hell out of you, but just admit the fact that you thought it was a legit saleen, and no one will give you anymore shit. i actually feel bad for you---you got taken advantage of on the car paying way too much, probably have a shitty interest rate on your loan, are probably paying out the ass for insurance, and will probably end up having to sell the car (at a loss to you) because you realize that you just can't keep paying for it, or the insurance. that is, if you don't blow the car up first "taking it easy on the dyno". i hope this does not end up being the case because you've been run through the ringer on this thread.

ha wow i just explained this i',mm not stupid i know what a ****ing saleen is i know if there real or not wow cmon i was just confused at what the dealer was telling me...and they never said ti was a real saleencobra or saleen at all but they we never really said what it was i knew it was a cobra that was all that mattered. the dealer just didn't understand how it got shipped to them like that so thats what i was gonna check on so there ya go.

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
ha wow i just explained this i',mm not stupid i know what a ****ing saleen is i know if there real or not wow cmon i was just confused at what the dealer was telling me...and they never said ti was a real saleencobra or saleen at all but they we never really said what it was i knew it was a cobra that was all that mattered. the dealer just didn't understand how it got shipped to them like that so thats what i was gonna check on so there ya go.

you are so full of shit kid, you are better off just not responding, you look like more of a moron every time

obviously the service manager who owned it wrecked the **** out of it and pieced it together like that, hence showing no wrecks cause he just had it fixed at the dealer....good job acting real tight as your first posts though :beer:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i do not have the patience or the internet speed but didn't you say that this was a fleet vehicle at one point? then you referred to it being the owner's vehicle later. i worked at a dealership or two in the past and i can not recall any salesman being involved, rather the manager having someone clean it up and getting the freebee when the owner bought it.

kudos to you though for putting up with this for so long, you may end up floating after all. it is a good looking car in the end..... except for the end..lol.. alteezas ftl!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm getting more and more confused by this thread. :shrug: :??:

saleencobra

Established Member
you are so full of shit kid, you are better off just not responding, you look like more of a moron every time

obviously the service manager who owned it wrecked the **** out of it and pieced it together like that, hence showing no wrecks cause he just had it fixed at the dealer....good job acting real tight as your first posts though :beer:

wow a service manager didnt own it man and they didnt wreck it if he wrecked it he would of made it a stock cobra not what it is now but since it arrived to them like this then hmmm dont think they did it...

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
wow a service manager didnt own it man and they didnt wreck it if he wrecked it he would of made it a stock cobra not what it is now but since it arrived to them like this then hmmm dont think they did it...

I think you are giving WAAYY too much credit to what the dealer told you. It may have come off "A" truck to their dealer that way, but it didn't come from ford , or saleen that way, :shrug:, so I wouldn't believe anything they are saying at this point. It is a beautiful car minis the rice tails and the grill. but they still lied to you, and you should have some legal recourse :thumbsup:
good luck
Rob

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It is a beautiful car minus the taillights but the owner paid to much and is a total :loser:! Man there's been a lot of us that's lost a killing on Mustangs(me bigtime) but for heaven's sake have enough sanity to admit you've been had and you're stuck with a car you paid to much for!:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread