new to the formers want to say hello and show the stang

saleencobra

Established Member
excuse my horrible spelling

2004 saleen cobra anyways right now it has a k&n intake its tuned and it has an flowmaster mufflers , 2.8 pulley well its putting down 450 to the wheels during the dyno but that was going easy on the car. i just got it a few months ago still havent gotten my new tails yet it came with these altezzas and i hate em. i'm trying to decide between a kenne bell 2.8 and a whipple supercharger whats ur input on what i'll get more out of? well thanks for checkin out my car.
Nate
DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

big3.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

newwwsize.jpg

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Wecome to the board.

Is that a serial numbered Saleen Cobra? I'm curiouse about the car. My understanding is that you had to have the dealer ship the Terminator to Saleen for modification. Is that how it was delivered or did someone else mod it with Saleen parts? What did they do to it.

Details! Details!, Details please!!!!!!!!!!!!

saleencobra

Established Member
to my knowledge...and this is what i got from the original salesman of the car i bought it with 3600 miles. ok anyways the car arrived to the dealership in its current form minus the *** tailights and such.. now this is confusing to me because it does not have the saleen plaques which it should have if it is from saleens factory. i'm planning on going to saleen's plant in troy and asking some questions but so far all i know is this is how it arrived to the dealer originally. There were 17 saleen cobras made in 04 15 in the US 9 verts and 8 coupes i think idk....anyways the cobras were shipped to saleen if requested. they then got the saleen body kit and rims as well as the 281 badging they retained the cobra hood, interior and performance parts. from what i've been told this is all that was done to the cobras saleen didn't really mess with much, seeing as they are terminators..

wish i had more info regarding the actual situation i should be visiting the plant in a month or so. but my car has everything a #d car would have plus more

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Nice ride, keep us up to date with what you find out about the history and build information.

Areteracing

ON3ULUZ
Established Member
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the real Saleens have the word Saleen molded into the wheels right above the valve stem? I believe these were around $3000 for a set and if this was a real Saleen I would think that it would have the real wheels. Something to check if this is correct, but if I'm wrong sorry.

saleencobra

Established Member
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the real Saleens have the word Saleen molded into the wheels right above the valve stem? I believe these were around $3000 for a set and if this was a real Saleen I would think that it would have the real wheels. Something to check if this is correct, but if I'm wrong sorry.
yea your absolutly right cant you see that mine do?

correction it is hard to see but i assure you there real and yea there extremly pricey

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
If the car is real I may be a collectors item from the fact only 15 were made as you state. If that's the case I would resist doing anything to the car that would impact it's originality (not much fun in that though). The fact is doen't have a serial plate is a bit of a concern. Persoanally I am not a big fan of Saleen's but this car is very clean and doesn't have all that overbearing flash Saleens are known for.

If you got the modding bug I can easily find a rich Newport Beach brat who's parents would love to buy him that car as a Thanksgiving gift for a ton more money that you paid for it so he can tell all his frat boys buddies that he paid 6 figues for it. I get 10% commission. Then you can Forget about Ford and get a Turbo Porsche and I can remodel my Kitchen. It's a win win.

Keep us posted

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
I'm confused :shrug: It looks like an "E" with a cobra motor. If you do not have the firewall plaque I'd be rasing the BS flag with your salesman. From your pictures I see 4 items that are different from my 04 S281 Cobra.

1. Standard Mustang GT grill
2. Standard Saleen fender badges
3. "E" style center exhaust
4. "E" style wing

What I have found to be different from my 04 to an 04 Cobra.

1. Ground effects including front facia, fog lamp delete, lower door side skirts, fake rear brake scoops,
rear bumper, S281 3 piece wing, C pillar, front bumper ID.

2. Magnaflow cat-back exhaust

3. Full Racecraft Suspension, swaybars, springs, struts and shocks, wheels and tires (255 / 35ZR - 18 front and 265 / 35ZR - 18 rear) Pirelli P7000, Saleen valve stem caps. This package lowers the car. Top of the wheel well to the ground is 26 1/4 front and 27 1/4 back.

4. Saleen pedals, Momo shifter knob, Saleen floor mats, Saleen inner door panels, Saleen tire pressure decal inside glovebox, ID badge in front of shifter.

5. Saleen windshield graphic, championship wreath stickers on back side windows, Saleen badge on the back that replaces the Ford SVT badge, Saleen build sticker on drivers side door jamb, ID plaque on the drivers side firewall in engine bay, Steel Saleen key fob.

6. Silly Ford flaps under hood scoop removed, and K&N air filter installed, Eagle One detail kit in embrodered Saleen bag.

Last edited:

saleencobra

Established Member
hey thanks alot for the info! i've had a tuff time finding someone with a #d saleen cobra to compare yes i've noticed those differences as well i'm positve the salesmen isnt trying to lead me on i think he's just misinformed i'm totally used to being more knowlegable about mustangs then most of the dealers around here. i'll still be checking the vin but yea i dont have my hopes up or anything.

I was looking for a low mi cobra and thats what i found having all the saleen stuff is a bonus for me i was plannign on switching the grill thnx for helping me confirm my decision haha i'd like it if you could send me some pics of your saleen cobra mike i'd really love to get a look at it! i'd seen your pics online somewhere and thought wow that is one lucky guy! you have both my favorite cars!

Anyways thanks all, for your input hope i meet some of you someday!

I'm confused :shrug: It looks like an "E" with a cobra motor. If you do not have the firewall plaque I'd be rasing the BS flag with your salesman. From your pictures I see 4 items that are different from my 04 S281 Cobra.

1. Standard Mustang GT grill
2. Standard Saleen fender badges
3. "E" style center exhaust
4. "E" style wing

What I have found to be different from my 04 to an 04 Cobra.

1. Ground effects including front facia, fog lamp delete, lower door side skirts, fake rear brake scoops,
rear bumper, S281 3 piece wing, C pillar, front bumper ID.

2. Magnaflow cat-back exhaust

3. Full Racecraft Suspension, swaybars, springs, struts and shocks, wheels and tires (255 / 35ZR - 18 front and 265 / 35ZR - 18 rear) Pirelli P7000, Saleen valve stem caps. This package lowers the car. Top of the wheel well to the ground is 26 1/4 front and 27 1/4 back.

4. Saleen pedals, Momo shifter knob, Saleen floor mats, Saleen inner door panels, ID badge in front of shifter.

5. Saleen windshield graphic, championship wreath stickers on back side windows, Saleen badge on the back that replaces the Ford SVT badge, ID plaque on the drivers side firewall in engine bay. Steel Saleen key fob.

6. Silly Ford flaps under hood scoop removed, and K&N air filter installed, Eagle One detail kit in embrodered Saleen bag.

Users who are viewing this thread