NEW RELEASE - Coyote 160* Thermostat

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
You have asked....... we have listened and now it's here!!!!

Introducing the new 160* Thermostat for your 2011-2014 GT, V6 and BOSS

This thermostat is fully opened at 160*!!

We all know the coyotes (4vs in general) have always run hot. The key is to keep those ECT's down as much as possible so their is no worry over it pulling timing under WOT or just driving around.

Best part about this..... It only cost $34.95 plus shipping

Call for yours today and keep that coyote running cool!!!!!!!

http://www.blowbyracing.com/20mu3750180t.html

561-417-5555

Last edited by a moderator:

scott_0

Established Member
just a thought but as advanced as the ecm's in these cars are, isnt this gonna throw shit off running such a cool temp? I remember in my fox body days they said a 160 was way too cool and messed with the ecm, I cant see it being any different with these much more advanced computers........

george.arnold

Established Member
just a thought but as advanced as the ecm's in these cars are, isnt this gonna throw shit off running such a cool temp? I remember in my fox body days they said a 160 was way too cool and messed with the ecm, I cant see it being any different with these much more advanced computers........

I bet the much more advanced computers have a much more advanced way of dealing with a cooler running motor than a fox body did.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Purchased one as well. How hard is this to install or do you have instructions? I have nvr installed something like this before

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
At what temperature doea the factory one opens?

The factory one starts to open at 180 but usually fully at 205-209 range. Most cars pull timing over that

The ECU should not need to change anything for this. Just allows the coolant to flow more so. The 160 has been used for years without fault. We have not seen any issues with testing these as well. The Florida summer heat is a great testing ground. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Funny5.0

Established Member
In theory a 160* thermostat sounds great but what potential negatives could be associated with this part?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
In theory a 160* thermostat sounds great but what potential negatives could be associated with this part?

I have always heard that n/a coyotes run better a little on the hot side.

When keeping the engine running cooler, you stay in the power band longer which means more hp. When we tune cars, we set them to pull timing for safety at 209* The motor yes needs heat but the key is to keep the coolant as cool as long as you can.

Only negative side I see is your coolant temps stay higher longer without running this.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
When keeping the engine running cooler, you stay in the power band longer which means more hp. When we tune cars, we set them to pull timing for safety at 209* The motor yes needs heat but the key is to keep the coolant as cool as long as you can.

Only negative side I see is your coolant temps stay higher longer without running this.

Cant a proper tune keep your coolant temps in check with fan on/off times?

I would like to see a test on one of these to show differences.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah, I'd be curious to see a test as well. Being in Texas, that 160* will stay open for QUITE a while in the summer heat....so I wonder if it's even worth it on my car...

94_Vert

Established Member
Cant a proper tune keep your coolant temps in check with fan on/off times?

I would like to see a test on one of these to show differences.

The tstat is a mechanical device which the ecu has no control over. You could have the fans stay on longer but if the tstat is closed it will do no good.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
The tstat is a mechanical device which the ecu has no control over. You could have the fans stay on longer but if the tstat is closed it will do no good.

Correct. With our tunes, we already turn the fans on sooner to help but it only does so much.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I just bought one of these now I'm curious if its worth it. I figured keeping the engine cool is always better then having it hot.

Users who are viewing this thread