NEW HP Customer

Blown02

Established Member
Shayne said:
because they all have HP kits and are facing problems like this

index.php

When smashedheadcat said "What's wrong with everyone else's kits then?".. he was talking to Helion Turbo.. Because Helion said he has made 850rwhp with only 17psi..

Meaning... Whats wrong with everyone elses kits..if it made 850rwhp at 17psi on a stock motor.. why isnt everyone else with the helion kit making 850rwhp with 17psi.. There are people with 20+psi and just over 700rwhp.150rwhp less and 3+psi more..

just helping you to understand.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
bouncer18 said:
Not true... intirely..

Customer service sells.. when you go to a trainning seminar, you learn to sell yourself THEN your product.. why? cause once your sold.. the product sales itself..

I would think customer service wouldn't be quoting 850 hp on 17# unless everyone can get there. Has anyone else got close to that number from Hellion?

TRBO VNM

lot of dyno racers around here....

just another problem with an HP install. throw it in the batch with the rest. :poke:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
bouncer18 said:
as far as out performs.. that depends on your competition.. and alot of other factors man... a dyno may be the standard and i wont go against that.. but on the street/track they dyno doesnt always show who the winner is..

I realize that dynos differ, but we're not talking 5-10rwhp here. It is a significant amount.

bouncer18 said:
For less money?

$7684 up and running. Add a boost controller..... and you can achieve over 800rwhp for less than $8K.

bouncer18 said:
How much to install it i would think twins would cost more since more time is involved but i installed my own kit so i cant compare...

I installed mine myself as well. I was quoted $1250 for installation though.

bouncer18 said:
My kit was 100% complete down to the hoseclamp.. and it fit perfect without having to bang or pry on anything...

My kit came complete as well. I didn't have to beat or pry on anything either. I will say that at first I had some pipes in the wrong spots. The kit will go together a few different ways, but it'll go together perfectly with all the pieces in the correct position. The trick is, getting them in the right position.

bouncer18 said:
More power.. according to the HP site a 97 cobra with 50's @ 11 psi put down 511.. i assume thats stock.. so i guess i need to up mine to 11 and see what it does. since our timming is about the same)

(figure mine is at about 21.1 HP per lbs of boost... add 3 psi.. 63 hp... wait.. my 450 + 60 would equal about the same HP... he would spool quicker (no disagreement there) but top end wise.. mine is bigger.

I'm talking '03 cobras, but I'd love to see how your car stacks up against that one. At low boost levels like that, the 62 works better than the 76. So you'll definately see boost sooner. However, yours may be bigger (62) but remember there are 2 50's up against you. I'm sorry, but your turbo will run out of gas before those little bastards do.

bouncer18 said:
as far as bling.. thats opinion.. but i do like how the HP is a hidden kit.. but the hellion doesnt look any more blingy then a Vortech or Procharger.. ?

Yes, it is opinion, and I'm not bashing the Hellion kit at all. I am just more of a "non-bling" kind of guy. I think the hellion kit looks awesome in there, it's just not for me.

I just hate seeing everyone bash a kit that they don't know much about. The kit is not perfect, but it's not a piece of shit like what is being mentioned. The hellion kit fits nice, looks nice, good customer service and you get it quick..... but when I was shopping for a turbo kit I didn't want to drop $8000 for good looks, nice fit and good customer service. I wanted something that would make my car haul ass! Everything else, is a luxury.

Blown02

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
lot of dyno racers around here....

just another problem with an HP install. throw it in the batch with the rest. :poke:

Whos the dyno racer? Hellion?? :poke:

We were just saying..
Hellion said they made 850rwhp at 17psi..
There are a TON of people running 20+psi and making 100rwhp less.

Slythrin

I can only speak for the kit that I have posted. Hellion has no problems out of what I have read I think that John and the guys there have the stuff together. I also can’t speak about THP because I haven’t seen them. As for the dyno racing I completely understand the difference. A dyno is not a accurate measuring devise it is actually a reference point because there are a lot of factors that come in to play such as a dyno only runs the car a WOT for 4 seconds vs. A race track where you are ball out for how ever long. Also there are weather conditions and head winds that come in to play as well. A dyno is actually a tool so you can set the car up to be safe and not blow up at the race track or on the street. All dyno numbers are different from dyno to dyno because of the load values of each dyno. Some are preloaded 19% and then there are some that are loaded 25% so on and so forth. So actual numbers mean sheit.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Shayne said:
I can only speak for the kit that I have posted. Hellion has no problems out of what I have read I think that John and the guys there have the stuff together. I also can’t speak about THP because I haven’t seen them. As for the dyno racing I completely understand the difference. A dyno is not a accurate measuring devise it is actually a reference point because there are a lot of factors that come in to play such as a dyno only runs the car a WOT for 4 seconds vs. A race track where you are ball out for how ever long. Also there are weather conditions and head winds that come in to play as well. A dyno is actually a tool so you can set the car up to be safe and not blow up at the race track or on the street. All dyno numbers are different from dyno to dyno because of the load values of each dyno. Some are preloaded 19% and then there are some that are loaded 25% so on and so forth. So actual numbers mean sheit.

You are right. There are too many variables in dynos. The Hellion cars must get on the ones that read low numbers and all the THP and HP cars get on the "amazon" dynos. :-D I agree with what you are saying, but keep in mind that there are tons of variables on the race tracks as well like you said. Since nobody is going to run their Hellion kit on the track, then swap it out for an HP kit a few minutes later, then run again on the same boost, we'll never now which kit performs better I guess. :shrug:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
...snip... and all the THP and HP cars get on the "amazon" dynos. :-D ...snip...

:eek: omg, you just done blasphemed son

lmao :thumbsup:

Slythrin

That is possible to do oops that is right you cant do that unless you have a plasma cutter and a welder along with a tubing bender to re-fabricate the Hp kit. So the reality of the situation is that it doesn’t matter what the Hp numbers are nor what the ¼ mile times are it you can’t get the kit to fit properly.

bouncer18

Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
Well, way to go, nice numbers. You should probably post a thread about it somewhere because this thread already has a topic.

nah... its been thread jacked.. i think this post has turned into open discussion between Hellion -vs HP -vs- THP -vs- Eachother now...

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Shayne said:
That is possible to do oops that is right you cant do that unless you have a plasma cutter and a welder along with a tubing bender to re-fabricate the Hp kit. So the reality of the situation is that it doesn’t matter what the Hp numbers are nor what the ¼ mile times are it you can’t get the kit to fit properly.

Well, I didn't have any problems getting mine put on. Have you installed one??

TRBO VNM

smashedheadcat said:

josh,

with all due respect, check out the other thread about the worst turbo kit from NM. Shayne I believe is the one who was installing that kit if I am not mistaken. if I am wrong, sorry, but I know him and someone else have been working with cars at that shop and actually sounds like they have another HP kit on another car there with similar install problems.

Nate(hellioncobra) I know is the R&D for hellion. I can't speak for him or his stuff, but I know I am not a dyno racer. I hate going on them anyway.

I prove it at the track and 138mph with more than full weight car at 21.5# is pretty freaking impressive if you ask me. chrome 18" rims up front, aftermarket stereo with sub, can't get much better than that. Hell, I haven't seen anyone else aside from Buster(Mark) and Mike Palugi post and really do testing and pushing these cars like I am as well. They have done more than myself and I am just getting into it. But I haven't been afraid to take the risks and push it. and it will be pushed more this weekend.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
josh,

with all due respect, check out the other thread about the worst turbo kit from NM. Shayne I believe is the one who was installing that kit if I am not mistaken. if I am wrong, sorry, but I know him and someone else have been working with cars at that shop and actually sounds like they have another HP kit on another car there with similar install problems.

Nate(hellioncobra) I know is the R&D for hellion. I can't speak for him or his stuff, but I know I am not a dyno racer. I hate going on them anyway.

I prove it at the track and 138mph with more than full weight car at 21.5# is pretty freaking impressive if you ask me. chrome 18" rims up front, aftermarket stereo with sub, can't get much better than that. Hell, I haven't seen anyone else aside from Buster(Mark) and Mike Palugi post and really do testing and pushing these cars like I am as well. They have done more than myself and I am just getting into it. But I haven't been afraid to take the risks and push it. and it will be pushed more this weekend.

I just read through the other thread and it was horrible. I will agree with you on that. My expirience is a complete 180 from that. I don't work for any turbo company so I'm not the quality assurance rep. I just state my expirience and that's that. It sounds like they may have the driver's side header on upside down. If that is the case, then they need to flip it over, then take the "macarroni" shaped pipe from the passenger side front (with the flange) and move it to the driver's side. Having header on upside down would explain some of the issues they are expiriencing (hitting the wheel, hitting the k-member etc). I don't know if that is the case or not, but just an idea.

Wickd03

Banned
smashedheadcat said:

Actually I think that Shayne and the group at Performance Solutions forgot more about these cars than you will ever know. And you answer is yes I personally have seen them install quite a few of these kits that is why they now make there own. Because of the piss poor fitment of these kits please read the worst turbo kit ever from New Mexico thread that is complete with pictures. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread