NEW HP Customer

10SecCobra

just bought an HP turbo kit today i got the GT35 61mm ball bearing kit. Im having my block bored 20 over and putting in the following (if anyone thinks i should have somerthing different im open to suggestiosn or if kno wwhere the cheapest places are, as ill be ordering this all tomorrow)

Crower cams
Crower Springs and retainers
Cp Pistons with stainless steele rings
manley billet Rods
1mm oversized vllves made by Mod max(CP)
Motorsports hi volume oil pump
moroso 7qt oil pan
ARR main and head bolt and stud kit

Im reusing my stock crank and having 1mm oversized valves put in and porting the heads.

I hoping for 1200+ HP

TRBO VNM

nice, how long is the wait suppose to be before you get the kit? make sure you update with pics.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
That will be a nice over-the-winter project. Please do keep us updated with pics man, sounds like one hell of a potential ride. :thumbsup:

First call I would make is to www.Lethalperformance.com

Last edited:

10SecCobra

im researching the electronics and fuel today i also need to rebuild the tranny. the wait is 4 to 6 weeks so thatll give me time to get the block bored and machined and the heads ported with the new valves in place. any ideas on fuel and electronics would help..

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I would research the cams a bit more before I would drop the $$$$$ on them! Just my opinion, but I would run '01 Cobra intake cams, and '03 Cobra exhaust cams, and save the money you would spend on the Crowers........you can more than likely hit 1200rwhp without them!

Just my opinion!

Ken :beer:

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
jmashtare said:
im researching the electronics and fuel today i also need to rebuild the tranny. the wait is 4 to 6 weeks so thatll give me time to get the block bored and machined and the heads ported with the new valves in place. any ideas on fuel and electronics would help..

ask your tuner what they have done for other twin cars. I'm ordering a kit from Hp, and was suggested a few things. Upgrade to the billet blow offs, they're better than the plastic ones it comes with and think about changing the cc plates with some that have the rubber spacers. I've heard the ones in the kit sound like your car is bottoming out when you hit a bump. Electronics, get a wideband, at least one, i'm going dual, and electronic boost controller. Fuel for 800hp plus, u will need a full fuel system I think. Pumps, lines, fuel rails, etc. If your tuner hasn't dealt with any twin kits, let me know. I know someone. Hope this helps.

bouncer18

Established Member
HAHAHAHAH 4 - 6 weeks...

my buddy bought a HP kit for his z06 LAST YEAR!

Still today he is waiting on the instructions to put the fuel syustem together...

Good luck.. (www.turbomustangs.com go research HP)

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Why is it that every Hellion groupie slams HP's kits. Because you have to wait more than a week to get? Please........Good things come for those who wait. I just put down my 60% for my kit. I hope it does come in about 5 weeks. My first hunt down will be a hellion car. JUNK......... :burn:

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
NitrousKing said:
Why is it that every Hellion groupie slams HP's kits. Because you have to wait more than a week to get? Please........Good things come for those who wait. I just put down my 60% for my kit. I hope it does come in about 5 weeks. My first hunt down will be a hellion car. JUNK......... :burn:

you can come up here anytime. :coolman:

Nate

bouncer18

Established Member
I dont work for Hellion.. Get paid by Hellion.. have anyhting to do unless i choose with Hellion...

I am an enthusiast and i hate to see a company screw people over.. Those that dont do reasearch pay the price...

Anyhoot.. Ill be waiting for you in 5 weeks...... waitinf for you to post your first HP bashing thread!

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
NitrousKing said:

Hopefully your second will be a THP kit car, lol :bash:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Don't let the Hellion boys make you feel inferior. You won't have any problems bitch slapping them on the highway running the same boost. That is a FACT! I mean, you can get your Hellion kit in a week, but then you've got search to find the rest of parts to put the damn thing together. It won't take you 20psi to make 700rwhp either. You can get that on 14-15psi with a pump gas tune. Shit, probably less with the built motor. Since the hellion kit can't keep up in the power department pound for pound with the twin boys, (or spool in the same century as the HP kit) they have to come up with reasons to make themselves feel good. Like, "it doesn't take long for us to get ours" and We don't cut anything (like they've got something on the HP kit), or, I like how my turbo is in the engine bay (yippie), and how it's cheaper.. (maybe if happen to get lucky and snag up the intake and alternator for next to nothing. Don't let them make you feel like you've made a mistake. Jimmie and Nathan at HP are very helpful and are not difficult to get ahold of.

Last edited:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
bouncer18 said:
I am an enthusiast and i hate to see a company screw people over.. Those that dont do reasearch pay the price...

Are you referring to the HP kit? I love that damn kit! :shrug:

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
smashedheadcat said:
Don't let the Hellion boys make you feel inferior. You won't have any problems bitch slapping them on the highway running the same boost. That is a FACT! I mean, you can get your Hellion kit in a week, but then you've got search to find the rest of parts to put the damn thing together. It won't take you 20psi to make 700rwhp either. You can get that on 14-15psi with a pump gas tune. Shit, probably less with the built motor. Since the hellion kit can't keep up in the power department pound for pound with the twin boys, (or spool in the same century as the HP kit) they have to come up with reasons to make themselves feel good. Like, "it doesn't take long for us to get ours" and We don't cut anything (like they've got something on the HP kit), or, I like how my turbo is in the engine bay (yippie), and how it's cheaper.. (maybe if happen to get lucky and snag up the intake and alternator for next to nothing. Don't let them make you feel like you've made a mistake. HP gets a bad rap for customer service because of www.turbochargedpower.com Jimmie and Nathan at HP are very helpful and are not difficult to get ahold of.

Sounds like maybe they are getting better, I live in the same town and when I used to want to get ahold of them, I would have to drive down there, Hopefully they are answering calls now.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
Don't let the Hellion boys make you feel inferior. You won't have any problems bitch slapping them on the highway running the same boost. That is a FACT! I mean, you can get your Hellion kit in a week, but then you've got search to find the rest of parts to put the damn thing together. It won't take you 20psi to make 700rwhp either. You can get that on 14-15psi with a pump gas tune. Shit, probably less with the built motor. Since the hellion kit can't keep up in the power department pound for pound with the twin boys, (or spool in the same century as the HP kit) they have to come up with reasons to make themselves feel good. Like, "it doesn't take long for us to get ours" and We don't cut anything (like they've got something on the HP kit), or, I like how my turbo is in the engine bay (yippie), and how it's cheaper.. (maybe if happen to get lucky and snag up the intake and alternator for next to nothing. Don't let them make you feel like you've made a mistake. HP gets a bad rap for customer service because of www.turbochargedpower.com Jimmie and Nathan at HP are very helpful and are not difficult to get ahold of.

lol, pound for pound huh, tell you what, i live in richmond va. i will meet you half way since you live in nc. ill bring the video camera so we can all see who bitch slaps who on the highway from a roll!!!!! when your ready pm me and we can set it up!!! the sooner the better!!!

smashedheadcat

Established Member
mike rousch said:
lol, pound for pound huh, tell you what, i live in richmond va. i will meet you half way since you live in nc. ill bring the video camera so we can all see who bitch slaps who on the highway from a roll!!!!! when your ready pm me and we can set it up!!! the sooner the better!!!

Alright, so you on 12psi vs me on 12psi huh? I'm not worried.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
we can do it what ever way you want, 12 15 20 30 35, its all the same. i just want you to prove your "You won't have any problems bitch slapping them on the highway running the same boost. That is a FACT!" statment wrong since your full of shit and have no idea wtf your talking about!!!!!! so im ready when you are, im still waiting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread