NEW HP Customer

smashedheadcat

Established Member
So now I'm full of shit huh? Okay, let me just leave work right now and drive 150 miles up there...... wink wink yank yank. If you want to do this, I'm up for it. But we need to plan it. I can't just leave work right now. Our cars have to be somewhat similar. I am not going to go up and race against a SSO car with a t76 on it. Kit vs kit, stock long block vs stock long block, HP vs Hellion, 12 psi vs 12psi.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I think this could be fun. I'm not going to travel up there to race a name caller. I'm in this hobby to have fun. If I go up there or you come down here, this is just for fun. No name calling, just 2 enthusiasts getting together and comparing turbo kits on the terminators........ Are we on the same page?

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Thanks for the popcorn guys!

Mike, not to take sides here (because to be honest I don't really care which kit is better), but I drive my car everyday and it has a blown motor. No turbo yet though!!!!

Anyway buddy, what all do you have done? I know what Josh has.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Let me lay out my mods for you..... you lay out yours too. As long as this is just for fun with no hard feelings win or lose, then I will travel up there and we can do this.

2003 Cobra 22,000 miles
Stock Longblock
Stock '01 cobra intake
Stock '01 cobra throttle body
60lb Injectors
Base HP twin turbo Kit w/50mm turbos
HP Shorty Headers
HP air to air intercooler
Billet blow off valves
QA1 K-member, a-arms, coil overs
EBoost1 electronic boost controller
DFX clutch
Solid axle w/3.55's
MMR Rear seat delete

Nothing fancy, just an '03 with a turbo and a solid axle...

Mike Rousch

Established Member
i have a everyday street car just like you. i would love nothing more for you to drive up here and settle the " twins vs singal war" fyi i dont have a 76, its a mid frame 88.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Now I remember you. You have that orange car. DIY turbo if I am not mistaken. Built 97 block in a fox body?

If that is you, your car is sick. I was reading about that thing and would love to see it run next time it is up at MIR.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
my car is a simple street car with only a few mods
93 saleen coupe, with a built bottom ended 98 cobra engine
with "stock manifolds" and a 88mm turbo.3550pnds and 17in street tires
its getting old seeing you on every thread bashing the hellion kits because they use stock manifolds. i just want to show you that a car with stock manifolds on it can mop ur ass up on the street with no problem! not trying to act like a ass.or call you names.i just want to get my point across. simple as that!!!! lets set it up

Mike Rousch

Established Member
jackers said:
Now I remember you. You have that orange car. DIY turbo if I am not mistaken. Built 97 block in a fox body?

If that is you, your car is sick. I was reading about that thing and would love to see it run next time it is up at MIR.

thanks man. most of the kit was put together by hellion for the prototype kits for the 03's just to see how it would work, some of it was built by me. but either way the car has stock manifolds on it. thats the point i am trying to get across
:pop:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
What do you want me to say? What do you think is going to happen? A little custom 88mm turbo'd fox vs a big old baby turbo'd terminator...... ? Come on now. LOL Of course you're going to win man. The comparison I'm talking about is the Hellion terminator t-76 vs a terminator with HP twins. I'm sorry, but i'm not going to travel up there to race your car. I would love to see it though. You got me.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
well, its like this. as far as a street driven car with pump gas and 17 inch radial tire and a strait drive. its the fastest turbo'd 32 valve mod motor out there and it has STOCK MANIFOLDS!!!!! im just trying to prove a point. im not saying your car isnt fast. or that there isnt one out there that is faster than mine. any 32 valve with a turbo is going to make power and lots of it. it is just very nerve racking to here some of you guys bashing stock manifolds and i finally had to chime in. there is a few guys on here that have seen the car run at m.i.r and other places and im sure when they see this thread the will have something to say to back my times up.
10.40@ 152mph is the best yet so far with watermeth, 10.49@ 147 with no water meth@ 3550pnds. that has got to be 1000hp or close to it with STOCK MANIFOLDS!!!!
thats all i was trying to say, if anyone has any questions about the car feel free to ask. yal have a good day!
mike rousch

smashedheadcat

Established Member
One thing is, you won't see me saying anything bad about the stock manifolds. It was said that JBA shorties were tested against the stockers and the car lost power. I'm not saying I know why the Hellion kit isn't making as much power as the twin boys are on the terminators pound for pound, but there is a restriction somewhere. I suspect the downpipe. The twin kits out there are running 2 2.5 inch downpipes vs that of a single 3 inch on the hellion.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
well i could be wrong but i think nate's car made 840 at 15psi with a 80mm. he will have to post to verify that if i am correct. i dont really give a shit about dyno numbers, in my book it is just some piece of paper to jack off to at night while your car sits in the driveway! but thats just my 02. nate, what power did your car make with that 80 on it?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
Kit vs kit, stock long block vs stock long block, HP vs Hellion, 12 psi vs 12psi.

EDIT: Nevermind; saw that this wouldn't be a Hellion turbo Terminator vs HP turbo Terminator vid...

Would still host if for ya though :beer:

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
rousch,
You need not get your feathers ruffled........This was a comparison regarding the single verse twins (available kits) for the 03-04 Cobras.........Your car is in a league of it's own for sure, and I'm sure your one of the top dogs too......152 MPH on 17"ers is friggin' haulin bro....very nice!

But comparing your single to a Terminator twin is apples to oranges plain and simple!

Post some underhood pics though...I'm sure we can all agree turbo 4 valves are sweet.....regardless of the package they're wrapped in! :beer:

Ken

smashedheadcat

Established Member
No doubt your car is faster than mine. I appreciate the offer, but I just can't justify driving up there to get my ass handed to me. LOL Please post come pics of that beast.

Users who are viewing this thread