NEW HP Customer

XRQTOR

Banned
Badasp5.0 said:
+9023523895

I agree 100% you cant go wrong with Hellion or Turbo HP, I have heard a ton of bad stuff about HP kits of late, now on the other hand there is quite a few HP kit cars that are awesome and perform!!!!
Just do a bit of research before laying down that cash.....

Good luck on the project!!!! :bowdown:
I have noticed this, i'm in the process of importing a cobra to Australia and want a turbo kit but alot of people are very very unhappy with the kits they get. From what iv'e seen on forums THP and Hellion are the way to go, no i go TT or single T ???

smashedheadcat

Established Member
XRQTOR said:
I have noticed this, i'm in the process of importing a cobra to Australia and want a turbo kit but alot of people are very very unhappy with the kits they get. From what iv'e seen on forums THP and Hellion are the way to go, no i go TT or single T ???

I don't know of anyone that is very unhappy with their HP twin kit. Can you point me in the direction to where I may find these people?

TRBO VNM

smashedheadcat said:
I don't know of anyone that is very unhappy with their HP twin kit. Can you point me in the direction to where I may find these people?

I agree. The hellion and HP are probably the ones with the most success rate. I know Hellion has a 100% success rate with install and after install issues or non issues for that matter from everyone I have talked to or dealt with. HP has had some which have been corrected, but some that I haven't seen any solutions to(such as pipes hitting the rack or some other part).

I think you are getting HP and THP confused.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I don't have an issue with the tie rods hitting the down pipes but I know some people do. The fix for it is a bumpsteer kit I believe. I'm not sure if HP is hooking people with issues up with them or not.

XRQTOR

Banned
smashedheadcat said:
Been browsing the turbo mustangs site for quite some time now and in that time i have seen a few people who have ordered kit's and they take many months to get them, the order doesn't turn up at once they get it in dibs and drabs. I dont think there was a quality issue just del issues. Now missing parts and delayed shipments mightn't meant a great deal to you guys being so close to the supplier, on the other hand i need everything to be there and fit right 1st time round seeing as i live so far away.

XRQTOR

Banned
smashedheadcat said:
If you notice on turbomustangs you'll see 99% of the people are complaining about HP but in reality, they should be blaming www.turbochargedpower.com (the main distributor for HP). I will say that TCP sucks and they are also the biggest reason for complaints for HP. They are not the same company. TCP will make delivery promises they can't keep. Make sure you call someone like Tim at modular power house or Derek at Dagostino racing. Go through a reputable vendor, or buy direct. Let them deal with HP (Jimmie and Nathan are cool guys) and let them tell you when to expect your kit.
I have seen this mentioned, so it's these guys causing all the issues.

bouncer18

Established Member
Not true... intirely..

Buddy of mine, Norm, has been dealing with Nate at HP for almost a year if not more already... He ordered a Twin Kit for his Z06.. along with new fuel system, upgraded turbo's, etc.. he ordered the works and then some.. why.. cause he could afford it.

a year later the kit is finally on the car.. after having to cut into the frame to make pipes fit.. after having to have pieces shiped over and over cause Nate (HP) couldnt get it right the first 5 times.. Now back to where we are now.. (keep in mind this car has been down since his box arrived.. so you got 8 months for the kit to arrive PLUS we are at about 6 months since install began).. the fuel system... rather then just sending out an Aeromotive kit.. he sends a pump and home made lines... whats the problem? he is still waiting for instructions on what line goes where and how to install/wire it all up!...

Thats my problem with HP.. they dont deliver.. is it Nate's fault? Dont think one man can be blamed for all these problems.. i think he is just bs'ing the consumer cause he has no other excuses.. he is getting it from the back end.. just my thought..

Customer service sells.. when you go to a trainning seminar, you learn to sell yourself THEN your product.. why? cause once your sold.. the product sales itself..

at WFC 9, nate saw Us.. and what did he do when he met Norm.. he Uhh Uhh Uhhh... hi.. uhh uhhh nice to uhh uhh meet you.. he knew he had screwed him and never expected to actually see him face to face...

if HP (they may be now.. not sure..) would just be straight and honest they would own the market.. there kits are sweet.. do i regret going with Hellion? No.. i wanted the single turbo setup and Steve, John, Amy and the entire Urist racing team sold themseleves... they care about there customers and they get as excited about the product as you do..

Is one better then the other? Whos to say.. some Pro drivers use a single turbo setup.. others use twins.. they both go sub 6's... both are efficent in the end..
both companies use outstanding turbos... Hellion uses Bassani piping/welds.. everyone knows that the top of the line stuff.. from what i hear HP has some good piping and the jet coat is usually top notch...

That ends my rant.. sorry, just tired of the topic.. and explaining my side to see if i can be corrected if i am mis informed.. none the less.. Hellion rules..

Slythrin

How is this for bad stuff

index.php

please notice all the dents on the top of the pipe made by a hammer. yea this is quality. two turbo companys in New mexico are good the other one has issues

please see other thread about a turbo company in New Mexico it is complete with pictures for proof

Last edited by a moderator:

Slythrin

smashedheadcat said:
If you notice on turbomustangs you'll see 99% of the people are complaining about HP but in reality, they should be blaming www.turbochargedpower.com (the main distributor for HP). I will say that TCP sucks and they are also the biggest reason for complaints for HP. They are not the same company. TCP will make delivery promises they can't keep. Make sure you call someone like Tim at modular power house or Derek at Dagostino racing. Go through a reputable vendor, or buy direct. Let them deal with HP (Jimmie and Nathan are cool guys) and let them tell you when to expect your kit.

bull shit the quality is just not there. Maybe your kit was nice. but the last 5 I have done are the wose and this last one haha just look at the pic above this post. They say a picture is worth a 1000 words ........ this must be 1,000,000 dont try and defend them because i currently have two cars here with the same problems and it is called Quality.

bouncer18

Established Member
Why oh why does everyone defend HP... even after see'ing stuff like this day in and day out...

If you ever sold your mustang and bought an other would you seriously go back and order an other HP kit smashedheadcat... ?

TRBO VNM

bouncer18 said:
Not true... intirely..

snip...

Customer service sells.. when you go to a trainning seminar, you learn to sell yourself THEN your product.. why? cause once your sold.. the product sales itself..

do i regret going with Hellion? No.. i wanted the single turbo setup and Steve, John, Amy and the entire Urist racing team sold themseleves... they care about there customers and they get as excited about the product as you do..

Is one better then the other? Whos to say.. some Pro drivers use a single turbo setup.. others use twins.. they both go sub 6's... both are efficent in the end..
both companies use outstanding turbos... Hellion uses Bassani piping/welds.. everyone knows that the top of the line stuff..

That ends my rant.. sorry, just tired of the topic.. and explaining my side to see if i can be corrected if i am mis informed.. none the less.. Hellion rules..

+1, John and who he is and friends here locally who told me about john and his background is what sold me the kit. I waited while they went through R&D and when he called and said they are ready and on the shelf, I ordered. He won't sell a new kit unless they are in stock. I have 2 of his 05 kits sold, but he will not take money or anything because he is finishing production and won't sell until they are ready to ship.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
jmashtare said:
just bought an HP turbo kit today i got the GT35 61mm ball bearing kit. Im having my block bored 20 over and putting in the following (if anyone thinks i should have somerthing different im open to suggestiosn or if kno wwhere the cheapest places are, as ill be ordering this all tomorrow)

Crower cams
Crower Springs and retainers
Cp Pistons with stainless steele rings
manley billet Rods
1mm oversized vllves made by Mod max(CP)
Motorsports hi volume oil pump
moroso 7qt oil pan
ARR main and head bolt and stud kit

Im reusing my stock crank and having 1mm oversized valves put in and porting the heads.

I hoping for 1200+ HP

sweet i just ordered almost the same kit for my 04 cobra i will update the details on the process, the place thats working on mine will be converting my car back to N/A, running all the bigger fuel system stuff, including the fuel rails. I already have the Ford Gt pumps in my 04 cobra, and im running the sullivan carb style intake, upper and lower. Which will help a lot more since I can wind mine up and beyond 7k rpms. :-D

smashedheadcat

Established Member
bouncer18 said:
Why oh why does everyone defend HP... even after see'ing stuff like this day in and day out...

I'm not stupid, I read people complaining but 99% of the time it's about delivery in a timely manner. I don't work for HP or install these things for a living. In all honesty, I've seen only 3 kits in person from HP. Mine, a saleen and my friend's fox body. The only one that I inspected was mine. I have no complaints. The pipe pictured above looks horrible. LOL No side stepping that one. But, I'm sure if you called Jimmie or Nathan and told them it looks like ass they will send you another one. I can tell that mine was oval'd out with a hammer and I don't like it. But, mine is not even close to being that bad. Mine is completely covered up by the coupling, so it's a non-issue for me.

bouncer18 said:
If you ever sold your mustang and bought an other would you seriously go back and order an other HP kit smashedheadcat... ?

Yes I would. When all is said and done, I've always got great service from HP. The kit fits very well once you get the pieces in the right spot. Shit, now that I've installed one, I could do it again in half the time. My kit doesn't stick out (not much of a bling guy), my kit has performed above my expectations when comarping it to a hellion kit. By that, I mean I make more power at 8psi than the hellion does at 10psi. Doesn't sound like much, but my car is picking up around 30rwhp per pound of boost. My "shitty" HP kit puts down more power per pound of boost and spools quicker (much quicker) than the Hellion.

So let me brake it down. For less money I get a kit that fits great, I get more power, quicker spooling and no bling..... Hmm. Decisions Decisions.

Blown02

Established Member
just for reference.. my hp kit fits great and makes awesome power! Ive had good customer service with hp.. the only things that didnt go as planned was I had to get a bumpsteer kit and some bushings..no big deal... 150 for the bumpsteer and 20 for the bushings. it took a long time to get the kit, but Ive heard they have cut the wait time down.

bouncer18

Established Member
I respect your answer... atleast it was well thought out... as far as comparisson goes...

as far as out performs.. that depends on your competition.. and alot of other factors man... a dyno may be the standard and i wont go against that.. but on the street/track they dyno doesnt always show who the winner is..

For less money?

How much was your kit... I paid under $6195 for mine..

How much to install it i would think twins would cost more since more time is involved but i installed my own kit so i cant compare...

My kit was 100% complete down to the hoseclamp.. and it fit perfect without having to bang or pry on anything...

More power.. according to the HP site a 97 cobra with 50's @ 11 psi put down 511.. i assume thats stock.. so i guess i need to up mine to 11 and see what it does. since our timming is about the same)

(figure mine is at about 21.1 HP per lbs of boost... add 3 psi.. 63 hp... wait.. my 450 + 60 would equal about the same HP... he would spool quicker (no disagreement there) but top end wise.. mine is bigger.

as far as bling.. thats opinion.. but i do like how the HP is a hidden kit.. but the hellion doesnt look any more blingy then a Vortech or Procharger.. ?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
bouncer18 said:
I respect your answer... atleast it was well thought out... as far as comparisson goes...

as far as out performs.. that depends on your competition.. and alot of other factors man... a dyno may be the standard and i wont go against that.. but on the street/track they dyno doesnt always show who the winner is..

For less money?

How much was your kit... I paid under $6195 for mine..

How much to install it i would think twins would cost more since more time is involved but i installed my own kit so i cant compare...

My kit was 100% complete down to the hoseclamp.. and it fit perfect without having to bang or pry on anything...

More power.. according to the HP site a 97 cobra with 50's @ 11 psi put down 511.. i assume thats stock.. so i guess i need to up mine to 11 and see what it does. since our timming is about the same)

(figure mine is at about 21.1 HP per lbs of boost... add 3 psi.. 63 hp... wait.. my 450 + 60 would equal about the same HP... he would spool quicker (no disagreement there) but top end wise.. mine is bigger.

as far as bling.. thats opinion.. but i do like how the HP is a hidden kit.. but the hellion doesnt look any more blingy then a Vortech or Procharger.. ?

The '97 Cobra has the lesser performing "B" heads......Smashedhead' made I believe 499 rwhp and 499 rwtq @ 8 psi

Plus the HP kit comes with a complete intake set-up........did you get an intake too for the $6195 price?

Slythrin

4sdvenom said:
The '97 Cobra has the lesser performing "B" heads......Smashedhead' made I believe 499 rwhp and 499 rwtq @ 8 psi
QUOTE]

wow I made 555 RWHP with my stock eaton and a stock motor

Blown02

Established Member
Shayne said:
4sdvenom said:
QUOTE]

wow I made 555 RWHP with my stock eaton and a stock motor

not at 8psi :poke:

This is all pretty stupid. comparing dyno numbers from across the country... every dyno is setup different..some read less, some read more... some people have different gears that take away some power, some have 28" slicks..some are ontop of a mountain and so on...
Ive learned you cant compare dyno numbers unless you eliminate the variable. It has to be a perfect situation..same car.same dyno..same weather..etc.etc. :nono:

Also, with every turbo company there are going to be horrer stories..

There are more horrer stories with HP, it seems. I am fortunate enough to not have ANY problems at all. My kit makes AWESOME power!! fits awesome, never over heats..etc.etc.

PEACE.

Users who are viewing this thread