New GT350 or New 2015 Z28?

Voltwings

Established Member
The ZL1 is a track car for people who want to say they have a track car. Kinda like Planet Fitness is a gym for people who want to say they work out.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Have you ever known me to keep a car? Haha

True but unless you're getting an R there is nothing better for the price range.

In other news I threw this statement up to Randy Pobst on Facebook.
image.jpeg

barstowpo

Established Member
My wife has a Camaro. I don't like the visibility or the overall way I fit in that car. The 350 seems to be much more comfortable. My wife loves her Camaro, though.

Voltwings

Established Member
My wife has a Camaro. I don't like the visibility or the overall way I fit in that car. The 350 seems to be much more comfortable. My wife loves her Camaro, though.

So Camaros are for women is the take away here? haha.

liter of cola

Established Member
So Camaros are for women is the take away here? haha.

pretty much.

and i'd also like to say that the 3 second difference between the 350 and 350R is most likely 80% because of the tires 10% because of the lighter weight and 10% because of the aero. tires make a huge difference and cup 2's are nearly slicks

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Think of it this way. 2 year old brand new z28 are stuck to showroom floors with 15-20k off of msrp and the 2 year old used Ford Raptor is still selling for Msrp prices. :dw:

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
GM did a great job on the Z/28 and it's bad ass on track. The DSSV dampers are the real deal and keep the Z well composed at the limits. But the Z is really only good on track and most won't like it driving around town. If you're buying a track day car then the Z should be considered. If you're buying an all around car the GT350's in any configuration are better.

Regarding track times the best way to test them would be to have the same tires on all three cars. Put the same sticky tires on all three cars and it will end like this: GT350R>GT350 TP>Z/28.

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I went with the PSC2's for my first set to see what they are like and to see how long they last. From my first two days on them they aren't going to last long. I have MM CC plates with -1.8 degrees camber.

2A454786-8BA0-4D27-B38A-7D7E2A25362C_zpswjtetspq.jpg

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Thanks. I think Anderson ran a 52 with a stock 15 mustang gt tp. Last year owners with the 991 GT3 and c7z06 were running 59 and 58 respectively. Anderson is a hell of a driver.

It be interesting to compare Amdersons time in his R to race wife in her 488 GT3.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
GM did a great job on the Z/28 and it's bad ass on track. The DSSV dampers are the real deal and keep the Z well composed at the limits. But the Z is really only good on track and most won't like it driving around town. If you're buying a track day car then the Z should be considered. If you're buying an all around car the GT350's in any configuration are better.

Regarding track times the best way to test them would be to have the same tires on all three cars. The Trefeo R is faster than the PSC2 so put the Trefeo R's on all three cars and it will end like this: GT350R>GT350 TP>Z/28. Darrell Anderson owner of AV8 put the Trefeo R's on his GT350R and was two seconds a lap faster than with the PSC2's around Sonoma Raceway.

this^

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I retract what I said about Darrell Anderson and his lap times. I contacted him and he did not confirm what I was told nor did he have any lap times in his R at Sonoma. Not sure why I was told that but it was incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread