NEW Ford GT Videos

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice videos, especially the comparisons between the 2005 and 2017. Ford hit a grand slam with the new GT!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's cool, my brother raced at millers. I wonder if ford is part of the group that bought the track?
I was out there the day that they shot this and at that time, one of the instructors said the county still owned the track but they are pretty close to transferring ownership.

Ford's racing schools are out there (have been for a while), it's a beautiful complex and a great track so it probably made sense to use it for the media day.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I was out there the day that they shot this and at that time, one of the instructors said the county still owned the track but they are pretty close to transferring ownership.

Ford's racing schools are out there (have been for a while), it's a beautiful complex and a great track so it probably made sense to use it for the media day.

Yup. My Father-in-law went there for the free event he got when he bought his Boss 302. That was back in 2013.

The museum they have is pretty awesome if you have the chance to go through it.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yup. My Father-in-law went there for the free event he got when he bought his Boss 302. That was back in 2013.

The museum they have is pretty awesome if you have the chance to go through it.
Since the Miller's no longer own it the collection has moved. I know a decent amount of cars went to Boulder, I'm sure the rest are parked in one of their shops.

It's now a PR room for Ford. When I was there the other week they had
RS200 EVO
GT40
GT350 (1965)
GT350 (2016)
Boss 302S
Raptor
Focus RS
Focus ST
Focus ST-R? (little race car)

They are all spread out around the room.

The guy running the show was talking about the campus, I guess the original plan was that Larry H Miller was going to spend around $5M to showcase his collection and someone talked him into spending $110M lol.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Well that's a bummer. Last time I was out there was right before the family decided not to renew the lease on the land, so it was still in its original state.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The media embargo was lifted at 12:01 this morning, that's why there has been a massive flood of GT stuff today.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
said it from the beginning. Ford nailed it with this car. can't wait to see what it does against the competition.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wow!!!
IMG_1975.JPG
IMG_1976.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG
IMG_1975.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1974.JPG
    IMG_1974.JPG
    508 KB · Views: 55

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just wow! I feel like the GT design is just the perfect platform to display the perfect concept of a supercar for the time. Every decade now a GT comes out and every time it represents the best of what is present in the market with each iteration being better than the last. It makes me excited to think about what they will create in another 10+ years.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread