NEW Ford GT Videos

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There's a video floating around of one of the LeMans drivers doing a few laps around this track. Ran one hard lap at 1:34 I believe it was. Surprised it hasn't been posted yet since it is a Ford video.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ford is going to release a track version of the Ford GT. The hemikitty guy will complain that its more expensive. It would be crazy if the track version is faster than the GTLM version simply because it isnt restricted to only 500hp.

If Ford offers a track-only derestricted version of the GTLM car, it will be quicker than the LeMans car.

If they're just offering a "track oriented" street car, it won't be in the same ballpark as the race car. The gap between "track oriented" street car and proper GT race car is gargantuan - think 8-10 secs/lap at a track like Laguna Seca.

Regarding the FGT, I think they did a nice job with the car. I look forward to meeting one at the track sometime - with either my 675 or my ACR-E :D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
There's a video floating around of one of the LeMans drivers doing a few laps around this track. Ran one hard lap at 1:34 I believe it was. Surprised it hasn't been posted yet since it is a Ford video.

That can't be the full 3 mile Miller course correct?
Acr is at 1:59.99
Maybe the GT ran 54. No way is it 25 sec faster than the acr.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That can't be the full 3 mile Miller course correct?
Acr is at 1:59.99
Maybe the GT ran 54. No way is it 25 sec faster than the acr.
I just posted the video above. My recollection in the initial post may be completely wrong and I haven't double checked it to verify. It shows the track configuration and lap timer altogether. I dont know anything about that track though.

yenko boy

Established Member
I know when talking about aerodynamics there is alot of different things to consider. But I believe one of the reviewers said 400ish pounds of downforce at 150? If that is accurate im suprise it's that low. Im impressed with the engineering that went into the car, not fond of the ecoboost but it is what it is. Kinda wish they would have pushed abit more power and rpm out of it though.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If Ford offers a track-only derestricted version of the GTLM car, it will be quicker than the LeMans car.

If they're just offering a "track oriented" street car, it won't be in the same ballpark as the race car. The gap between "track oriented" street car and proper GT race car is gargantuan - think 8-10 secs/lap at a track like Laguna Seca.

Regarding the FGT, I think they did a nice job with the car. I look forward to meeting one at the track sometime - with either my 675 or my ACR-E :D

As you say, the GT race car was pulling 2.03 at COTA. Where as the professional driver Jason Hart was hitting 2.17 in a P1 there on warn tires and a passenger. Good 10 sec difference by himself and new tires.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member

Off the Ford GT topic, but here is my go pro footage of my car on pretty much the same course, but with lame cone gates set up to keep the Noobs from getting too much speed. It was still fun though. Not being able to take advantage of the proper paths through those turns wreaked havoc on my stock brakes. Haha

Edit: would help if I pasted the link.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As you say, the GT race car was pulling 2.03 at COTA. Where as the professional driver Jason Hart was hitting 2.17 in a P1 there on warn tires and a passenger. Good 10 sec difference by himself and new tires.

This video? That's a 2:21 lap (2:37 to 4:58) ; Jason's estimate is mid-teens under ideal circumstances, and that seems reasonable. I ran 2:12 at COTA a 458 CH, which is nowhere near as quick as a proper GT3 car.

EDIT: ah, no, this video: where he's properly driving in anger. Important to note that in this vid there are no guards on the apexes of corners like the esses, so the lines are very different. And that's one of the dirty little secrets of laptimes - a track can change by several seconds / lap through details: are the apexes guarded or open? What were the ambient conditions? Was the track green (new, recently rained-on) or "rubbered in" (lots of other race cars *with the same tires* running on it that day). And of course, with slicks at least, are you on sticker tires on laps 3-5, or on fresh non-sticker tires, or on worn tires. There's easily 3 seconds difference between those extremes...

To give a concrete example, I ran at COTA and could only manage the high :16s in a 458CH. Came back the next morning -- cool air, lower track temps - and with no other changes was running in the :13s and :14s. Put on sticker tires and ran in the :12s.

Last edited:

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
What do you feel is your fastest street car on track the P1, LaF, or ACR?

Probably depends on which track as to which is fastest. No idea about any of it though, lol. Also, if he does outrun a FGT in his 675/ACR-E, it'll only be valid if he laps the FGT himself. No doubt about it Treynor can drive his ass off from just seeing videos he's posted and the company he keeps. I don't know what it is but anymore when I see racing discussion online anymore people compare "perfect condition scenarios" but it never is perfect in the racing world, all you can do is get the conditions close as in same time same driver comparison but even as Ben said himself, times can change drastically in a matter of hours time.(this comment isn't talking about anyone in this thread or anyone particular, just throwing a random thought out, lol)

No matter, all these new cars are just unreal fast considering what they can do. Technology is awesome, can't wait to see what is considered fast in like 5-10 years.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Does the GT race car at 2:03 sound like a decent time for this track and would adding 10/12/15 secs to the street version sound reasonable to you?

What do you feel is your fastest street car on track the P1, LaF, or ACR?

Yah, a 2:03 for a GTLM-trim FGT in a pro's hands sounds quite plausible. And in truth I bet the street FGT and the McLaren 675 are going to be quite close on the track - the McLaren has more power and less weight, the FGT has more downforce and more mechanical grip. At a track like COTA with long straights the balance would probably swing towards power (look how fast the P1 is there!) while at a track like Sonoma the aero+grip would be a tough combo to beat.

The ACR-E is in a league of its own on most tracks. It's not particularly fast in a straight line (for a 650-HP car) but O My Lord the mechanical and aero grip is absurd. The braking distances are super-short, and cornering speeds in the medium and high speed corners are in racecar territory. At COTA I'm not sure it would be at its best -- it needs a moveable rear wing to cut drag on those long straights.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IMG_2125.JPG
17 Le Mans:
Weights

Aston Martin - 1193 kg
Corvette C7R - 1243 kg
911 RSR - 1258 kg
Ferrari 488 - 1268 kg
Ford GT - 1268 kg

Fuel Capacity

Aston Martin - 100 L
911 RSR - 99 L
Ford GT - 95 L
Corvette C7R - 94 L
Ferrari 488 - 88 L

Boost Pressures

Ferrari has a comical power advantage amongst the turbocharged cars. The 488 has just been returned to last years LM boost levels. GT has had it's boost reduced everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread