Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So much want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
It's taking down the 675lt. I surmise it's pretty fast.

What's disappointing is they benchmarked this car against the 675, but it's a bit more expensive than that car. Now there's the 720 that's faster than the 675 and nearly HALF the cost of this Ford. How can Ford create a basically street legal le mans race car that is like a fish outta water during daily driving only to be one upped by a true exotic that costs much less and will also be a much better road going car.

With the engineering Ford threw at this car and the price it should be the fastest production on the track by far. I would expect it to annihilate the Z06, 720s, hypercars, and even the ACR.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's disappointing is they benchmarked this car against the 675, but it's a bit more expensive than that car. Now there's the 720 that's faster than the 675 and nearly HALF the cost of this Ford. How can Ford create a basically street legal le mans race car that is like a fish outta water during daily driving only to be one upped by a true exotic that costs much less and will also be a much better road going car.

With the engineering Ford threw at this car and the price it should be the fastest production on the track by far. I would expect it to annihilate the Z06, 720s, hypercars, and even the ACR.
.....just because it's expensive doesn't mean hit has to be the fastest. Poor logic used there.

If I remember correctly, there were over 7000 applicants for 750 cars, and that was before they announced price, or any other spec.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You'd be pissed if you paid 1.8 for LaF or 918 or P1. After all, they get beat by the 720s and acr that are between 1/8 and 1/15 of the costs.

Did the acr win lemans? Is Ford having any issues selling the GT despite the 500k price tag?

I would say Ford hit a homerun! Let's not forget the owner of the orange GT has said it's easily the best car he's ever driven. Specially since he has a 500k aventador sv!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Hypercars are easily double if not maybe quadruple in price now. We know you love your dodge, but lets be real here for a moment.

Love the "with the engineering Ford threw at this car" logic. If thats the case, the Mclaren p1 is a piece of shit. Car that is nearly 1.5 mil, cant even beat a car at Laguna thats basically 1/10th its price.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
.....just because it's expensive doesn't mean hit has to be the fastest. Poor logic used there.

If I remember correctly, there were over 7000 applicants for 750 cars, and that was before they announced price, or any other spec.

Thats why i said the engineering and price. Whether it cost $1 or 1 million. It's an extreme car. In all the videos everyone said the same thing. It was engineered as a race car that ford made street legal. Ford threw the book at this car and it seems as though it will not perform better around a road course than a 720s, much less the P1.

The acr is a purpose built track car as well but it still doesn't compare to the tech thats in the GT. The acr also makes less power and weighs more. So why shouldn't the GT spank its ass at the track?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats why i said the engineering and price. Whether it cost $1 or 1 million. It's an extreme car. In all the videos everyone said the same thing. It was engineered as a race car that ford made street legal. Ford threw the book at this car and it seems as though it will not perform better around a road course than a 720s, much less the P1.

The acr is a purpose built track car as well but it still doesn't compare to the tech thats in the GT. The acr also makes less power and weighs more. So why shouldn't the GT spank its ass at the track?

The ACR makes relatively the same horsepower.

The difference is, the Ford GT was built to race; it had to fit into a class. The McLarens, were not.

Ford even said they could have made the car lighter, but chose to have better aero instead. The race version is detuned to under 550hp.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
The ACR makes relatively the same horsepower.

The difference is, the Ford GT was built to race; it had to fit into a class. The McLarens, were not.

Ford even said they could have made the car lighter, but chose to have better aero instead. The race version is detuned to under 550hp.

The gt makes more power. While only 7 more its still more and couple that with it also being lighter and having a way wayy wayyyyy more advanced chassis and suspension im confused as to why the expectations of its on track performance isn't higher.

More hp. Lighter weight. Superior chassis/suspension = slower lap times? Ok...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Damn, what a car!

Still wish it had a more exotic and bespoke power plant to go along with the rest of the car. Not much of an issue for me, as I'll never own one.

The gt makes more power. While only 7 more its still more and couple that with it also being lighter and having a way wayy wayyyyy more advanced chassis and suspension im confused as to why the expectations of its on track performance isn't higher.

The ACR likely has more mechanical grip

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

It's 2 horspower more. 647 vs. 645.

I would venture to guess the ACR-E has more downforce. The power bands will be different. Etc.

I'd love to see them head to head, and while I own an ACR, I am a Ford guy at heart and would want the FGT to prevail.

I'd also like to see the weight tested the same on both. The FGT's weight of 3054 was achieved with NO fluid in the vehicle; I'm not sure that can be said about the ACR.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

Superior in what way? Because its a newer and more expensive car? The ACR is a different animal. It has beaten the porsche 918 and the mclaren p1 around multiple tracks across the globe and those 2 cars are in the 1,000hp realm. All 3 are most definitely faster than the GT.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ford is going to release a track version of the Ford GT. The hemikitty guy will complain that its more expensive.

It would be crazy if the track version is faster than the GTLM version simply because it isnt restricted to only 500hp.

Users who are viewing this thread