NEW Ford GT Videos

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Thats why i said the engineering and price. Whether it cost $1 or 1 million. It's an extreme car. In all the videos everyone said the same thing. It was engineered as a race car that ford made street legal. Ford threw the book at this car and it seems as though it will not perform better around a road course than a 720s, much less the P1.

The acr is a purpose built track car as well but it still doesn't compare to the tech thats in the GT. The acr also makes less power and weighs more. So why shouldn't the GT spank its ass at the track?

Interesting, I thought the 720s was faster than the p1.

So are you upset the tdf and sv cost more than the 720s and acr as well?

What is it that you're angry at? Are you angry that a 450hp(450-480 with bop) Ford GT won races including Le Mans or maybe the McLaren and ACR did not compete with the race GT?

Where did Ford go wrong? They are selling cars at their high price point. And more importantly they won their class at Le Mans.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
It's 2 horspower more. 647 vs. 645.

I would venture to guess the ACR-E has more downforce. The power bands will be different. Etc.

I'd love to see them head to head, and while I own an ACR, I am a Ford guy at heart and would want the FGT to prevail.

I'd also like to see the weight tested the same on both. The FGT's weight of 3054 was achieved with NO fluid in the vehicle; I'm not sure that can be said about the ACR.

Is love to see that as well and would love to see the FGT beat it as i feel it should be at the top of the pecking order.

The lame nutt swingers will do what typical nutt swingers do and attempt to call me out for bringing up a dodge due to my username. That would be fine if the dodge i was bringing up was just some regular old dodge that isn't comparable. What they cant wrap their little brain around is the fact that im bringing up that dodge because its at the top of the food chain. Not simply because it's a dodge. If a ****ing Vette was the fastest production car around the road course id be asking why the new FGT isnt faster than the Chevy. Lol

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Interesting, I thought the 720s was faster than the p1.

So are you upset the tdf and sv cost more than the 720s and acr as well?

What is it that you're angry at? Are you angry that a 450hp(450-480 with bop) Ford GT won races including Le Mans or maybe the McLaren and ACR did not compete with the race GT?

Where did Ford go wrong? They are selling cars at their high price point. And more importantly they won their class at Le Mans.

Im angry? Im just asking questions. Starting a conversation. Ya know, about cars, on a car forum. Am I disappointed? Yes. Upset? Angry? Lol

Sensitive bunch. Kinda reminds me of liberals.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is love to see that as well and would love to see the FGT beat it as i feel it should be at the top of the pecking order.

They were engineered for different purposes, basically all it comes down to.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ford GT was engineered for the cry babies to cry on forums about:
car being a v6
its too expensive
its not faster than a $150k car that is prone to recalls aka dodge
it only has 647hp, 2 hp more than an ACR therefore it should be a lot faster

Feel free to add more as got hemi's tears flood his keyboard.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Why are you not asking why the LaF the P1 the 918 are not faster than the acr?

Hmmm. Maybe because this is a thread about....the....FGT??

If i makes you happy. You can start individual threads on each of those cars and ill jump in there and ask why the hell they aren't faster than the acr. I aim to please.

Disappointed in what?
Do you think Ford at any level is disappointed in the GT?

So bc ford isn't disappointed in something that means i cant be? Wtf.

I dont give two shits about how ford feels. Personally when i read the spec sheet of this car i want and expect it to be top dog. It seems like that wont be the case. In my OPINION that's disappointing. Are you trying to take away my right to an opinion? Do you work for CNN?

Ford GT was engineered for the cry babies to cry on forums about:
car being a v6
its too expensive
its not faster than a $150k car that is prone to recalls aka dodge
it only has 647hp, 2 hp more than an ACR therefore it should be a lot faster

Feel free to add more as got hemi's tears flood his keyboard.

Dont care about it being a v6.

Never said it was too expensive nor do i think it is.

Yes. Its a le mans carbon fiber race car that is so extremely limited that there aren't enough to go around, but it's still slower than a 150k pos dodge that they had a hard time giving away. God forbid thats a bit disappointing.

It has more 2hp with less weight. Ya know. Power to weight is a pretty important thing in terms of performance. It matters.

You're welcome, snow flake.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

If i makes you happy. You can start individual threads on each of those cars and ill jump in there and ask why the hell they aren't faster than the acr. I aim to please.

So bc ford isn't disappointed in something that means i cant be? Wtf.

I dont give two shits about how ford feels. Personally when i read the spec sheet of this car i want and expect it to be top dog. It seems like that wont be the case. In my OPINION that's disappointing. Are you trying to take away my right to an opinion? Do you work for CNN?

Dont care about it being a v6.

Never said it was too expensive nor do i think it is.

Yes. Its a le mans carbon fiber race car that is so extremely limited that there aren't enough to go around, but it's still slower than a 150k pos dodge that they had a hard time giving away. God forbid thats a bit disappointing.

It has more 2hp with less weight. Ya know. Power to weight is a pretty important thing in terms of performance. It matters.

You're welcome, snow flake.

You said it was too expensive. You stated that it cost more than other vehicles yet can not beat them around the track.

So you're pissed at Ford. You go on and on..I won't say what that sounds like. Serpent nailed it though.

It would have been so easy to say I expected more and leave it at that.
Go buy the P1 and be happy. I meant to say ACR as it's faster.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
As for Ford:
Win Le Mans and beat Ferrari. Check
Sell all GT's at price point bean counters approve. Check

Ford could care less how many bitchy people there are that say it does not meet their so called standards.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don't think track times were necessarily the end-all here with this car. If that was the case they could have easily pulled a dodge, went with retarded aero (that isn't street legal) and mechanical grip, thrown a bunch of power at it with some stiff suspension and called it a day.

I remember reading that they had actually created more aero than they wanted during testing and had to dial it back, so I don't think that lap times were everything here. It is cool to hear that it's the best driving super car on track from some different reviews. Not like that will matter to me though :( lol.

This car will be a show stopper just like the previous cars for years to come, especially in white lol.

blk02edge

Established Member
Daaaaaaamn you are confused. Simply by your logic the p1/laf/918 are all poor cars because the viper acr beats them. It's the same thing as comparing the fgt to those cars. Or others that might be marginally quicker. Remember the ACR is a freak of nature and a lap time isn't the be all end all to a car.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
It's 2 horspower more. 647 vs. 645.

I would venture to guess the ACR-E has more downforce. The power bands will be different. Etc.

I'd love to see them head to head, and while I own an ACR, I am a Ford guy at heart and would want the FGT to prevail.

I'd also like to see the weight tested the same on both. The FGT's weight of 3054 was achieved with NO fluid in the vehicle; I'm not sure that can be said about the ACR.
The '16-17 ACR weighs around 34xx pounds with a full tank of gas. I think the ACR is more impressive than many other cars simply because of the lack of electronics and tech, good 'ol Tremec 6060 transmission, and yet it curb stomps its competition. The Ford GT has dynamic aero, the ACR's aero is all static, so that is a disadvantage for the ACR. Did any of the reviews mention any bespoke tires for the Ford GT? The ACR has ultra sticky Kumhos that are bespoke and designed for the ACR.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The '16-17 ACR weighs around 34xx pounds with a full tank of gas. I think the ACR is more impressive than many other cars simply because of the lack of electronics and tech, good 'ol Tremec 6060 transmission, and yet it curb stomps its competition. The Ford GT has dynamic aero, the ACR's aero is all static, so that is a disadvantage for the ACR. Did any of the reviews mention any bespoke tires for the Ford GT? The ACR has ultra sticky Kumhos that are bespoke and designed for the ACR.

Those dang Kumhos are shit though. They get slick after 20 minutes. A lot of guys I know can only get one weekend out of a set.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Those dang Kumhos are shit though. They get slick after 20 minutes. A lot of guys I know can only get one weekend out of a set.
I know a couple of people who have ACRs that run them at Mosport and they last two track days. Not for the faint of heart price wise to run the ACR for the track.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know a couple of people who have ACRs that run them at Mosport and they last two track days. Not for the faint of heart price wise to run the ACR for the track.

No kidding. I'm hoping to get 3 or 4 days out of my R888Rs, but we'll see.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why didn't you stick with the Cup tires that come with your ACR?

They went to making the SCII's and the rears only go up to 325's now. They'd be pretty stretched on a 13" rim.

A lot of guns loved the R888s, so I'm hoping the new variation will be the same or better. I like the fact that they are non-directional...hopefully I'll squeeze an extra day out of them.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They are probably for hero laps if they get slick that quick. That's how the corsas were on my car.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Dude is a little annoying but it's in depth from a driver/user perspective. Has some great factoids I wasn't aware of.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Users who are viewing this thread