New Ford GT a v6??? WTF

truefiveo

Established Member
SVTP on GM - "At least we aren't GM using those same old pushrods"

SVTP on Hellcats - "Bout time! Welcome to the supercharged party Dodge! Too bad we're leaving! N/A, Ecoboost here we come!!!"

SVTP on the GT - "Why didn't they do what they've always done and put a heat-soaked blown modular in it that they've been using for the last 15 years!?... I don't care that it's arguably the worst combination for endurance racing because I want it now!"

That's what you all sound like.

Well got damn!

FIVEHOE

Established Member
54240669.jpg

I got no problem with it rather it be a I6 but still works.

Some one was telling me Nissan makes some car think it's a GTR or something that makes crazy power with a TTV6. Anyone know anything about that?

LOL, not sure if serious on that last part but it totally reminds me of when I used to be a valet. One of my regulars had a highly modified GTR and I always put him next to the Ferrari Cali. Anyways this one dude comes by and goes "WHY WOULD YOU PUT A ****ING NISSAN NEXT TO A FERRARI". Dumbass hadn't the slightest clue that the twin turbo'd v6 would shit all over that California.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
LOL, not sure if serious on that last part but it totally reminds me of when I used to be a valet. One of my regulars had a highly modified GTR and I always put him next to the Ferrari Cali.

Haha, yeah just playing stupid. Seems everyone is forgetting some of the fastest mile run cars are turbo 6s.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
As long as it performs(and perform it will) it can have twin hamsters in the back and I wouldn't care. Just like the 05-06 put many higher priced exotics to shame, so will this GT. Rock on ford.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
*SOME* of the fastest........not all. Seems with those cars its weekly they swap who is fastest.

With the exception of the occasional Supra that is dialed in and the Alpha GT-R. There are very few Turbo 6's winning the mile. From what I've seen, it's FGT's, UGR Lambos, a Viper or Vette every now and again.... Mullet's Porcshe TT Flat 6 won one recently IIRC. But for the most parts it's been the FI 8+ cyl cars that have been taking it in recent years.

Voltwings

Established Member
No one has been to the Tx2k roll races have they lol? The GT-Rs are fkn dirty 60 - 196 in 1500 feet ... that is STUPID fast.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I was mildly disappointed to see the new FGT without a twin turbo V8...but...it's a new breed. Lightweight, really well balanced and supremely aerodynamic. Gorgeous looking car. Amazing design. i couldn't even have imagined it. Something to consider is... I would wager that Ford has put a lot of thought into how the the EBV6 is going sound in a classic FGT. It is entirely possible these days to tune the sound output to emphasize preferred qualities. Frankly, I had an '89 SHO with the Shogun NA V6 and that car sounds pretty damn good...off idle up to redline. Had a nice howl above 4K. Just listening to the brief sound click provided it sounds like the turbo whine is a big feature of this car. With some great undertones and a howl on the pedal this car can sound excellent. It doesn't have to sound like a V8 to sound great. As long as is doesn't sound like a friggin 4. :nono: With respect to the sound of extreme automotive performance.... I found the screaming electric motor sound of the Porsche LMP1 as pretty cool. The sound of power...is the sound of power.

Frankly, doing a TT V8 is going to kick up the cost and complexity (and weight) big time. I see the new FGT as a Super Car...not a exorbitantly priced Hyper Car. Ferrari is considering going the same route with the 458. What they call an entry-level 458 with a TTV6....and rumor has it...maybe a manual trans. This will be the new FGT's competition - hopefully at sub-$200K price point (not like I can afford it). Can't wait to see this in competition and on the street. Great Job Ford!!!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
With the exception of the occasional Supra that is dialed in and the Alpha GT-R. There are very few Turbo 6's winning the mile. From what I've seen, it's FGT's, UGR Lambos, a Viper or Vette every now and again.... Mullet's Porcshe TT Flat 6 won one recently IIRC. But for the most parts it's been the FI 8+ cyl cars that have been taking it in recent years.

Of course...at the end of the mile they should add the...turning test. The FGT with a TTV6 is going to be road racer...not a 1200 hp streamliner.

94_Vert

Established Member
The gtr's are right with the lambo's now days, and I am guessing are much more dependable. I am a big ford fan and have no problem with an awesome ttv6 in the GT. I think the sho is a sweet sleeper, with a tune you're over 400hp in a sedan that can be had for 20k with low miles. My next car will probably be a sho. Aren't all F1 cars going ttv6? You know what happens to companies when they don't change, nothing. And they are left behind.

Voltwings

Established Member
i believe they left the wastegates external ... anyone who has ever heard an external wastegate will appreciate how this beast will sound.

steeltoe

Established Member
hopefully at sub-$200K price point (not like I can afford it). Can't wait to see this in competition and on the street. Great Job Ford!!!

It needs to be sub-$150K fully optioned out for it to make sense. Ford needs to keep this car in its proper weight class. This car needs to priced with the F-Type R, mid level 911, NSX, and other cars in the $100K-$150K class. Any higher you are going to start seeing cracks in the FGTs armor and it look less impressive.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Sounds like an import?! That thing sounds ****ing pissed off. Why are people having such a hard time swallowing the pill of innovation? I love seeing all the ignorant turds on social media commenting about how they'd rather have a 500hp TTV8 over a 600hp TTV6...WHAT?!

no.. would rather have a 850 hp TTV8 over a 600 hp TTV6...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It needs to be sub-$150K fully optioned out for it to make sense. Ford needs to keep this car in its proper weight class. This car needs to priced with the F-Type R, mid level 911, NSX, and other cars in the $100K-$150K class. Any higher you are going to start seeing cracks in the FGTs armor and it look less impressive.

Kidding me? It has a full hand-laid carbon fiber body and tub. You want it to compete with the F Type R in price that only has carbon fiber as accents on the wheels. Anyone who is paying attention to what Ford brought to the table will think this car is overpriced if it comes in at $250k.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
i believe they left the wastegates external ... anyone who has ever heard an external wastegate will appreciate how this beast will sound.

That will neeever pass emissions. Sounds like it, but my guess that won't make production.

steeltoe

Established Member
Kidding me? It has a full hand-laid carbon fiber body and tub. You want it to compete with the F Type R in price that only has carbon fiber as accents on the wheels.

I don't think it going to be able to compete with a $180K 911 Turbo S, $200K AMG GT or the F12. I don't think it will stack up will against them. The F Type R is a very competitive car in that $100K-$150K class.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don't think it going to be able to compete with a $180K 911 Turbo S, $200K AMG GT or the F12. I don't think it will stack up will against them. The F Type R is a very competitive car in that $100K-$150K class.

Those three cars are most likely going to weight 500+lbs more than the GT while offering very little hp advantage and two of them are FR layouts. The cars you should be comparing it to are the more nimble and faster Haracan and 650S.

Users who are viewing this thread