New Ford GT a v6??? WTF

Eleanor14

Established Member
I haven't had time to really research it too much, but I can't help but say WTF. I had to read the article 3 times. New Ford GT with a twin turbo 6 ecoboost :dw:? Then I look at the video and it sounds like an import. I'm sure it will be crazy fast and handle like a champ, but really? I don't know, maybe it's just me...Now how does this relate to us? With the direction that ford is going, we really may have the last of the breed of the real muscle cars. This is JUST MY OPINION, but I have been infatuated with the Mustang since I was a kid and that's what it feels like to me. If ford is doing a v6 TT on the GT, this is a good indication of what's going on it their thought process for the future. I can't even get over the name "ecoboost". Makes me love my 2014 even more. What are your thoughts?

steeltoe

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421202627.025293.jpg
The 2014 12 Hours of Sebring winner.

Shhhh

Established Member
I love it. I've always loved the older Jaguar XJ220(3.5 V6TT) and now Ford made one even better. What's to complain about? :beer:

NlGHTMARE

Banned
Yea if recent reports are true, I will never buy another Mustang again. Can you imagine if the top dog Mustang was a Twin Turbo V6?

Blackoyote

Established Member
Sounds like an import?! That thing sounds ****ing pissed off. Why are people having such a hard time swallowing the pill of innovation? I love seeing all the ignorant turds on social media commenting about how they'd rather have a 500hp TTV8 over a 600hp TTV6...WHAT?!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
54240669.jpg

I got no problem with it rather it be a I6 but still works.

Some one was telling me Nissan makes some car think it's a GTR or something that makes crazy power with a TTV6. Anyone know anything about that?

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Hey guys, have you heard Dodge is making a Charger and Challenger called a Hellcat?

This place amazes me sometime with repetition.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
3:18, if you think that's how all imports sound, you need to check your hearing aids. This GT sound freakin' NASTY!!!

SVTP wont' allow you to link youtube videos to a certain part, but clicking this link should work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMD3Vu3xL-c&feature=youtu.be&t=3m18s

Dear God this release was a giant cluster**** on the foxbody FB pages yesterday. Every inbred backwood ignorant redneck was pounding their chest screaming about, "but it ain't got no V8 in it!" I then made this....

tyfam6x.jpg

Last edited:

Eleanor14

Established Member
Sounds like an import?! That thing sounds ****ing pissed off. Why are people having such a hard time swallowing the pill of innovation? I love seeing all the ignorant turds on social media commenting about how they'd rather have a 500hp TTV8 over a 600hp TTV6...WHAT?!

I would not rather have a 500hp TTV8, I would rather have a 750hp forced induction V8. The thing definitely sounds pissed off, but it sounds like a pissed off V6. I am not questioning the performance of the new GT, I'm just surprised and curious about how others feel. I think if Ford could have built a new GT with similar or better performance, but stayed more true to it's roots.

Last edited:

steeltoe

Established Member
I would not rather have a 500hp TTV8, I would rather have a 750hp forced induction V8. The thing definitely sounds pissed off, but it sounds like a pissed off V6. I am not questioning the performance of the new GT, I'm just surprised and curious about how others feel. I think if Ford could have built a new GT with similar or better performance, but stayed more true to it's roots.

It's an experimental car with cutting-edge technology developed from racing.......doesn't get much closer than that

Kevins89notch

Established Member

...and from what everyone is saying, a forced induction V8 wouldn't be allowed in LeMans, and being next year is 50 years after the GT40 won, I think Ford might want to do it again.

Following race regulations > Joe Blow's internet opinion of "But it ain't got no V8!"

steeltoe

Established Member
...and from what everyone is saying, a forced induction V8 wouldn't be allowed in LeMans, and being next year is 50 years after the GT40 won, I think Ford might want to do it again.

Following race regulations > Joe Blow's internet opinion of "But it ain't got no V8!"

As of right now neither is a TTV6 that's why the 911 RSR are 4.0L NA Flat-6s

o2gt

Established Member
I think the gt is going to be amazing car, it is the most exiting looking American car I have seen. as for the engine. I have had three mustangs all with v8s. yes there is something very appealing about them. from the sound, the power just the way they feel. its hard not to like them. with that said an NA v8 is not the end all be all. my wife has a tubo mini, is it fast? not really but its fun when the torque hits and it makes a cool sound. my mom has a turbo v8 it does not sound very good but when it hits its a damn fun family car. turbos are fun even in stock form, its just different. my dad had a boxer 6 with turbos and i will say that was some fun from the torque to the way it pushed you back and felt like it would not quit, it was very entertaining and it had at least 120hp less than the new gt will. he then bought a aston martin v12 amazing sound good power and tons of character. but it was not better then the turbo 6 in fact if it had sounded better it would be my choice almost ever time over the v12.
the gt is going to be amazing i have no question. my long rambling point is just because its not a v8 or bigger does not mean it wont be fantastic. my guess is this engine will overcome some of the short falls of previous set ups like this. i think it will rev to fairly high rpm's and do it quickly like an NA engine. i suspect the turbo lag will be vary minimal to the point of barley perceptive and they will find a way to make it sound very good. maybe not like a v8 but still something we can get exited about.

josh

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
SVTP on GM - "At least we aren't GM using those same old pushrods"

SVTP on Hellcats - "Bout time! Welcome to the supercharged party Dodge! Too bad we're leaving! N/A, Ecoboost here we come!!!"

SVTP on the GT - "Why didn't they do what they've always done and put a heat-soaked blown modular in it that they've been using for the last 15 years!?... I don't care that it's arguably the worst combination for endurance racing because I want it now!"

That's what you all sound like.

Crigitine

Established Member
SVTP on GM - "At least we aren't GM using those same old pushrods"

SVTP on Hellcats - "Bout time! Welcome to the supercharged party Dodge! Too bad we're leaving! N/A, Ecoboost here we come!!!"

SVTP on the GT - "Why didn't they do what they've always done and put a heat-soaked blown modular in it that they've been using for the last 15 years!?... I don't care that it's arguably the worst combination for endurance racing because I want it now!"

That's what you all sound like.
LOL! So true.

Users who are viewing this thread