New Cobra owner

randg4603

Established Member
Hey guys

My name is Randy and I recently purchased an 04' Cobra from Florida. I live in Cleveland, OH. I'm 26 and a mechanical engineer. I've been learning a lot from the forums just by browsing over the last month and a half and look forward to learning more from you all.

I bought the car for some weekend and summer fun, and my wife and I like to cruise. Not planning on taking it to the track. Looking for a mid 400's yet an enjoyable toy. I'll be installing a 2.76 upper, Idler set, and getting a tune. Right now it has a K&N w/cover, Catless SLP X-pipe, welded in Flowmasters, it's lowered and has a Steeda Tri-Ax

Here are a few pictures:

183.jpg

186.jpg

My wifes 2011 CRV and our 2003 Focus (my daily 60 mile commuter) also have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
2011-06-15_18-56-30_497.jpg

Reasonably clean and stock engine bay
2011-06-24_18-25-51_902.jpg

I ordered my paperwork, too!
svt.jpg

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Looks clean! Love that silver too. How many miles she have?

gabe1530

Banned
Congrats! im jealous as i wish mine was silver.

hmm, do you have any long term goals for the cobra?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a nice looking Cobra for sure. Stance is already good. Nice silver paint, and the black bumper inserts add a nice contrast. I like it! You'll like the addition of the 2.76 and tune.

randg4603

Established Member
Congrats! im jealous as i wish mine was silver.

hmm, do you have any long term goals for the cobra?

Thanks! Long term goals are to maintain it and enjoy! I'll probably get a set of 10.5's out back this summer. Other than that just keep it clean and classy.

damn that thing is clean, looks really good silver. whats the millage?

Thanks. Yeah you should see the interior. I'll try to take a reasonable picture. Looks brand new.

That's a nice looking Cobra for sure. Stance is already good. Nice silver paint, and the black bumper inserts add a nice contrast. I like it! You'll like the addition of the 2.76 and tune.

Thank you. It has your gaskets, too :beer:

with those mods you should be mid 400's. getting an mgw shifter? looks awesome, enjoy!

Thats what i'm hoping for. No It has the Steeda tri-ax shifter and gaskets, I really like how it feels as is. Thanks man.

randg4603

Established Member
be careful! the mod bug will hit hard once you get used to the power of that 2.76!
have fun!

Haha I know how that goes! I've had a couple fun cars, including an 04' GTO and a "mod-bug" money pit SRT-4. I'm going to try to be mature this go around. :rollseyes We'll see, though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It has your gaskets, too :beer:

It has the Steeda tri-ax shifter and gaskets, I really like how it feels as is. Thanks man.

Great! You have much less transmission noise entering the cabin with the gasket. :thumbsup:

Although the MGW shifter is the best out there, if you like the Steeda TriAx then stick with it. No reason to spend money on a new shifter if you don't really need it. I had the Tri-Ax on my '03 Cobra and liked it a lot.

randg4603

Established Member
Great! You have much less transmission noise entering the cabin with the gasket. :thumbsup:

Although the MGW shifter is the best out there, if you like the Steeda TriAx then stick with it. No reason to spend money on a new shifter if you don't really need it. I had the Tri-Ax on my '03 Cobra and liked it a lot.

Yeah. It's still noisy compared to other 5 and 6 speed cars i've had, but tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread