New 2015 F-150

Fordfourlife

Established Member
The Raptor will be back...Just like the new Mustang ford is not going to release their SVT models till probably summer/fall.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
2.7L EB. should be interesting. I wonder how much power it will make compared to the low end 3.5L non turbo.

Also I notice they don't list the 6.2 at all. I wonder if they are dropping it for the 1/2 ton truck class since they dropped #700 of the total weight of the truck and the extra oomph wouldn't be needed....

Fordfourlife

Established Member
2.7eco is to have more HP then the 3.5 NA. No more 6.2, unless it comes back when the Raptor is released.

2015 Ford F-150 makes radical jump to aluminum body

1389562569000-2015F150CrewCabRed.jpg

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
That looks better than some of the other grill options. Still a bit of a let down compared to the Atlas concept IMO.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Before the 6.2 was reserved for top end special models. It's out of Ford's lineup now but that doesn't mean it's not out of SVT's. It's probably them just creating suspense by making us wonder what SVT will have in store. I wonder though what will happen with the 6.2? It's only gonna be offered in the Superduties? Or what if they're saying there is no more 6.2 because SVT is using the 6.2 but it's going to have more cubes?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Before the 6.2 was reserved for top end special models. It's out of Ford's lineup now but that doesn't mean it's not out of SVT's. It's probably them just creating suspense by making us wonder what SVT will have in store. I wonder though what will happen with the 6.2? It's only gonna be offered in the Superduties? Or what if they're saying there is no more 6.2 because SVT is using the 6.2 but it's going to have more cubes?

They will find a way to use it as it has not been in production long enough. Maybe a lightweigth aluminium dohc!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
They will find a way to use it as it has not been in production long enough. Maybe a lightweigth aluminium dohc!

Yeah, it would be a huge loss if they abandoned it now. Hopefully they reinvent it a little and make it stand out from the engine lineup.

After watching that video a few posts up, I'm sold on this truck. It's begging for a small lift and meaty tires to match the looks but the features it has is incredible! The Raptor is going to look amazing!

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That looks better than some of the other grill options. Still a bit of a let down compared to the Atlas concept IMO.

the weird thing is looking at atlas pics outside of the stuff on the roof the majority of it carried over..I dunno if its just the color and grill theyre showing or what

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
First thought was a tundra.

I wish they woud release the Ranger back here- F150 is too damn big. and if the 2.7 gets nearly 30mpg, imagine it in a smaller lighter model.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
the weird thing is looking at atlas pics outside of the stuff on the roof the majority of it carried over..I dunno if its just the color and grill theyre showing or what

If you are saying it's pretty damn close to the Atlas concept, I agree with you. Only thing keeping it from being the same is a small lift and beefy tires.

IMO, Ford just took a big shit on the competition and raised the bar, very, very high...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If you are saying it's pretty damn close to the Atlas concept, I agree with you. Only thing keeping it from being the same is a small lift and beefy tires.

IMO, Ford just took a big shit on the competition and raised the bar, very, very high...

i think the majority of people are gonna like it when they see it in person, be interested to see how awful the price tag is though, the ones they have out now are already bad enough

Users who are viewing this thread