New 2015 F-150

Jroc

Established Member
You guys that say this is ugly especially compared to the current unit are nuts IMHO. I think she look light years better and the fact they shed 700 (wow) pounds from the truck is nuts.

x2.

They just don't need to drop the 6.2L. Having a crappy sounding v6 being the premium motor in a truck that looks that cool some BS.

I love how it looks though.

700lbs lighter? How about a new Lightning with a 6.2L Boss motor in it? :idea:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
the f150 is now officially the ugliest truck on the market.

2.7eco is to have more HP then the 3.5 NA. No more 6.2, unless it comes back when the Raptor is released.

2015 Ford F-150 makes radical jump to aluminum body

1389562569000-2015F150CrewCabRed.jpg

i still dont like it, but this looks much better.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
i think the majority of people are gonna like it when they see it in person, be interested to see how awful the price tag is though, the ones they have out now are already bad enough

I have NO doubt this will cost a pretty penny when loaded up with the new features. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost $500-1000 more than a comparably equipped 2014, which is worth it when the weight savings imo.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
That looks better than some of the other grill options. Still a bit of a let down compared to the Atlas concept IMO.

What was released basically is the Atlas. Paint it silver,change the rims and throw some oversized BFG A/T on it and it will look real close to the concept.

4arybamu.jpg

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
What was released basically is the Atlas. Paint it silver,change the rims and throw some oversized BFG A/T on it and it will look real close to the concept.

4arybamu.jpg

That particular grill looks a lot better then the others Ford posted, and less Tundra-like. But it's absent in about every other picture I've found posted by Ford so far, replaced by a more basic tri-bar grill. I know it's just a grill, it's just very boring in comparison to the original concept.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The grill is unique to every trim level. So if you want a particular grill, I hope your willing to settle for a lesser trim level or shell out more money for a higher trim level. I would guess cost will go up at least 2k from current models. It will be interesting to see how the public takes to the Aluminum body. Most view aluminum as the stuff soda comes in. Aluminum can be very tough but it still has its issues. I like the styling. Most pictures I have seen actually kinda suck. And the computer generated stuff ford uses on its website is awful imho.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
SVTP never fails to let me down. you see 3 pictures and write it off as the ugliest truck that ever drove on this earth.

Jroc

Established Member
The grill is unique to every trim level. So if you want a particular grill, I hope your willing to settle for a lesser trim level or shell out more money for a higher trim level. I would guess cost will go up at least 2k from current models. It will be interesting to see how the public takes to the Aluminum body. Most view aluminum as the stuff soda comes in. Aluminum can be very tough but it still has its issues. I like the styling. Most pictures I have seen actually kinda suck. And the computer generated stuff ford uses on its website is awful imho.

I'm sure Ford did their homework. Isn't the first time they've used aluminum body panels. A Gen2 L's hood is aluminum, but I think it's aluminum on all the 97-04 Heritage F150's. IDK about the newer ones.

Just need to settle for the appearance package Tremor :lol:

The funny thing is I see all these Ford dealer add advertising the Tremor as the new Lightning and it's not even a SVT vehicle. It's just a regular cab F150 with a Ecoboost motor, a upscaled(from a base regular cab) interior, FX2/FX4 wheels, some stickers, and 4.10's in the rearend. Nothing else is really changed from the run of the mill F150. Same suspension, same body panels, same tires, same exhaust, etc. I'm sure it's a nice enough truck but it's not a new Lightning no more than a 2005 GT/CS was a new Cobra.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Dont understand why all trucks are going back to being square. It looks like a dodge ram and tundra had a baby. Very similar to whay chevy did

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm not sure what alloy and what forming methods Ford is using on the F-150 for the aluminum but I would be concerned with Galvanic, Inter-granular, and exfoliation corrosion. I saw somewhere Ford said they invested a lot in coatings to prevent corrosion which I assume was specifically for galvanic corrosion. I know Ford does there homework. You don't get a best selling vehicle for 30+ years for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread