New 2015 F-150

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The 6.2L has so much potential in it that I wish Ford would just unlock from the factory and they could have an amazing V8. They build it like they did the Modulars of yesteryear. Low compression, iron block, etc. I saw something about how GM was bragging about their new 6.2L motor beating the Fords 6.2L HP/lb-ft, but it barely does and the new GM 6.2 has a 11.0:1 compression ratio, and DI where the Ford 6.2 is rocking a low 9.8:1 CR and no DI.

If Ford would show the 6.2 some love they would have an amazing v8. It also has a much more idea bore/stroke than a Modular. A whole lot more much more idea.

Have you seen this?

http://bangshift.com/blog/watch-a-f...-460ci-scream-at-8500-rpm-and-make-800hp.html

Last edited:

ford20

Established Member
The grill is unique to every trim level. So if you want a particular grill, I hope your willing to settle for a lesser trim level or shell out more money for a higher trim level.

Or you could just buy a grill and put it in :shrug:

This is a truck,

252-2001-Ford-F250-680d79d6_zps770c17ba.jpg

That new thing being called a truck is a hacked up SUV.

That is a cowboy cadillac

These are trucks

20131218_104228_zpse5d440f7.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Jroc

Established Member

My point exactly sir.

Now if you would do some things like give it an aluminum block,(hell even the 6.7 Scorpion PSD is an all aluminum motor) DI, and up it's compression then they would have a very potent motor from the factory.

I've thought that it would be cool if Ford did something like build a new FGT type car and use the 6.2L as a starting point for it's motor. Give it some of the features I just stated, maybe bump it's displacement to 7 liters, rework the heads/topend for a performance car motor, and coax 700ish BHP from it in N/A trim that would be really cool. Not saying it's going to happen or anything, but it would be very cool if they did. Again that motor has great HP potential if Ford would let the factory massage it a little more.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My point exactly sir.

Now if you would do some things like give it an aluminum block,(hell even the 6.7 Scorpion PSD is an all aluminum motor) DI, and up it's compression then they would have a very potent motor from the factory.

I've thought that it would be cool if Ford did something like build a new FGT type car and use the 6.2L as a starting point for it's motor. Give it some of the features I just stated, maybe bump it's displacement to 7 liters, rework the heads/topend for a performance car motor, and coax 700ish BHP from it in N/A trim that would be really cool. Not saying it's going to happen or anything, but it would be very cool if they did. Again that motor has great HP potential if Ford would let the factory massage it a little more.

We both agree that Ford is not pulling the 6.2 or the engineering they have learned from it!:bowdown:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My point exactly sir.

I thought the psd's have compacted graphitic iron blocks.

Jroc

Established Member
I thought the psd's have compacted graphitic iron blocks.

You're right. I could of swore that they had gone aluminum with it though. I was thinking that some of the modern diesels had gone all aluminum(which I found a little surprising) but none of the big 3's heavy duty truck motors are aluminum. The PSD and Duramax do use aluminum heads but not aluminum blocks. I imagine some of these European car diesel motors are all aluminum though but IDK.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Maybe some of the smaller ones. Cgi blocks are great because they are strong and can allow for thin walls which reduces weight while retaining the beneficial thermal properties of cast iron. Not as light as aluminum but a great compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread