New 2004 Cobra owner

04COBRAJRxx

Established Member
Couldnt find the introductions section sorry....

Hey everyone,
I have just recently purchased a 2004 RedFire Cobra Coupe with just under 33,000 miles on it. I am BRAND NEW to this website and BRAND NEW to the supercharger cobra family. I will be asking a lot of you for a lot of opinions and help so please be patient with me:bash:

Now, about the car, it is said to have 546rwhp on the 2nd of 3 tunes. But i have no dyno sheets to prove it. My first dyno sheet will come on Aug 9th 2012, so wish me luck. I do not know what the first or the third tune do but there is a selector knob in the glove box. The 2004 Cobra that i bought has already been built pretty well but i would love to hear everyones opinion on the parts used for the build. The parts used are as follows:

Professionally smoked lights and emblems; blk. billet hood inserts; 17" Cobra wheels; 17 x 9's on front; 17 x 10's on back; brand new 315 Vredestein Ultrac Sessentas in rear and Nitto 555 front; H&R springs; Lakewood Struts front 90/10; subframe connectors; Ford Racing rear axles; Fidanza lw flywheel; Centerforce dfz clutch;26 spline liberty input shaft; adjustable clutch cable; steeda shifter; Stegmeir Stage 5 ported Eaton supercharger w/ 2.93 upper pulley and a 6 lb lower; Mac long tube headers; off road H-Pipe; Magnaflo catback exhaust; head cooling mod; Siemans 60 lb. injectors; sct mass airflow sensor; Dragon throttle body and elbow; Ford GT fuel pumps; sct tune; AFCO heat exchanger; Miziere pump, aluminium coolant tank in trunk; Tuned on Fastlane Dynojet via laptop.

It also has what i think is a Ford Racing solid rear axle with IRS....but would have to look through the paper work to varify.

Thanks and dont forget to leave me some freindly advice. :-D
Mike

346CamaroSS

Established Member
welcome fellow washingtonian. Definitely check out our local forum too for local events and what not

superiorstangs.com

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
It also has what i think is a Ford Racing solid rear axle with IRS....but would have to look through the paper work to varify.

cant have both. But with those shocks I wouldnt be surprised if the previous owner switched to a solid rear axle. 90/10s are used for drag setups. Do you know the spring rates on those H&Rs? not sure but im not familiar with H&R springs having softer spring rates for drag (at least the ones Im familiar with, Im new to terminators also, Ive owned foxbodys my whole life) Just curious, but yea take a look under the car and you can tell right away if you have a solid rear axle (SRA) or independent rear suspension. the sra has two long steel tubes running horizontal off the differential

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
focus all your attention and spare change on the Stage 5 blower you got there...immediately

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance and congratulations on getting that "loaded" '04 Cobra. Low miles, too. Enjoy it!

You said you are new to the supercharged Cobra. I highly recommend that you browse through the Terminator FAQs on my website. There is a lot of very good info there that should answer many of your questions. Check it out! Just click HERE.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
---------------- Stegmeir Stage 5 ported Eaton supercharger w/ 2.93 upper pulley and a 6 lb lower; -----

focus all your attention and spare change on the Stage 5 blower you got there...immediately

Welcome!

Was the seller the original owner?
If so re-contact him and find out if the torque plate has been removed from the Steggy stage 5 blower.

If the torque plate has not been removed I would park the car and make plans for it's immediate removal.

You can reinstall the blower and keep using it after the plate is removed.

If this is one of the early versions of the stage 5 the torque plate is too thin and flexes, work hardens and cracks-splits-breaks off chunks- right next to the welds and can cause some serious issues.

Loose metal chunks in engines is not generally considered a best practice.

04COBRAJRxx

Established Member
please explain further as i have stated im a noob and am not sure what the torque plate is and what its purpose is or pros and cons for removing vs keeping it.......:shrug:

Welcome!

Was the seller the original owner?
If so re-contact him and find out if the torque plate has been removed from the Steggy stage 5 blower.

If the torque plate has not been removed I would park the car and make plans for it's immediate removal.

You can reinstall the blower and keep using it after the plate is removed.

If this is one of the early versions of the stage 5 the torque plate is too thin and flexes, work hardens and cracks-splits-breaks off chunks- right next to the welds and can cause some serious issues.

Loose metal chunks in engines is not generally considered a best practice.

04COBRAJRxx

Established Member
HOPEFULLY THIS WORKS.....

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
please explain further as i have stated im a noob and am not sure what the torque plate is and what its purpose is or pros and cons for removing vs keeping it.......:shrug:

Read this thread. I explains how to remove the plate, too.

You are much better off removing it than keeping it. Any torque gains are not worth the risk IMO.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
She's.... BEAUTIFUL!!! Welcome to the 03/04 Redfire Cobra Coupe Club! lol. That might be the nicest Redfire with black accents I've ever seen. Congrats bro!

Users who are viewing this thread