Never thought I would be posting this.....

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
GLAD YOU'RE OK!

On the other hand.....WTF were you thinking with BALD Dr's in the RAIN?

Hindsight is always 20/20, hope you take all the experience with you and find another great project to move on to.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
i just wrecked my cobra in the rain, someone didnt yeild and cut me off and i hit water trying to avoid them and curbed it bad, its my only car and im slowly getting back together better than before, but im going with nitto drag radials(i already have them) on my DD its really not gonna be that safe? i never drive it in rain anyways but there are those times i have too, and the old bald kumhos i had on it weren't any safer i doubt.

im sorry about the car, build a road race ready ford ranger with its drivetrain, lol, im all about totally custom things like that. i wanted a 24v cummins dakota R/T project before i bought my cobra, now that would haul ass.

MVPJEFF106

Boosted PoPo
Established Member
Ouch! I definately feel your pain. I'm SOOOO glad I don't drive my cobra that often, and have a daily driver. Better luck with whatever you do now....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
dirty_canadian said:
i just wrecked my cobra in the rain, someone didnt yeild and cut me off and i hit water trying to avoid them and curbed it bad, its my only car and im slowly getting back together better than before, but im going with nitto drag radials(i already have them) on my DD its really not gonna be that safe? i never drive it in rain anyways but there are those times i have too, and the old bald kumhos i had on it weren't any safer i doubt.

im sorry about the car, build a road race ready ford ranger with its drivetrain, lol, im all about totally custom things like that. i wanted a 24v cummins dakota R/T project before i bought my cobra, now that would haul ass.
No, DRs on a daily driver is not a good idea. For the simple reason you pointed out. Even though you don't plan on driving in the rain, no one can say it will never happen. It could be that one time that does you in. DRs should absolutely NEVER be driven in the rain. That said, you already have the DRs. If you do end up installing them on your daily driver, be extra careful in any and all slippery conditions. Obviously you wouldn't use them in the winter to drive on any amount of snow. And if you're caught in a rainstorm, do the same thing a motorcycle would do. Pull over and let the rain pass if possible. JMO.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
I didnt take time to read through this entire thread, but man I'm sorry. Just realized you are here in MS, think we've talked in taste of home or one of these forums before. I had the exact same thing happen to me when hurricane rita came through with all that damn rain, though my car faired much better. The only damage my car had was from the tow truck driver trying to get it out, but after that I refuse to drive my car in the rain...period. WAY too easy to hyhdroplane (especially with DR's), and absolutely nothing you can do about it when it starts to happen. Glad you are ok man (aside from the stitches), could have turned out much worse. Good luck in whatever you decide to do from here, take care...Mark

WDW MKR

Established Member
Very glad to see you are alright. Those pics certainly show that it could have been much worse for you. I know exactly how you feel about the car.

Stuff like this is the reason why I just bought an extra set of wheels to mount up some street tires. Tired of leaving my DR-shod Cobra in the garage if the weatherman even thinks it will rain!

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Guys, the responses here have been overwhelming. Thanks for all the support, it's awesome to have a forum, no a "family" of people like you guys. You're awesome! Anyway, more good news. My insurance is totalling it out, and giving me the retail value of it at $29k. Ok, so at least I don't have to worry about hassling them for extra money because that seemed like a fair price. I made it out to my car yesterday and started pulling some parts that I could. Never knew that would have been as painful, both mentally and physically haha. I heard back from my insurance today about buying it back. I figured it to be around $5k. Guys, get ready. The salvage value is........$1700. AWESOME! So, it looks like project mystic fox is a go!! I had to get on here and let ya'll know that, stay tuned for more info. And again, Thanks for everything...

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Brad we are all happy your ok.

slo-poc....didn't happen to have 17x10.5's on the back did you??

Last edited:

blinelaxd27

Established Member
wow u could easily sell that car for 8-9k i was looking at the pics and wasn't even sure they would total it unless there is a lot more damage then it seems.

WDW MKR

Established Member
blinelaxd27 said:
wow u could easily sell that car for 8-9k i was looking at the pics and wasn't even sure they would total it unless there is a lot more damage then it seems.

If the car is totaled out by an insurance company, doesn't it automatically receive a salvage title?

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Brian97vobra said:
Sorry for your loss man!!! Glad you made it out ok though!!!

But only $1700!?!?!?!? That doesn't sound right to me...

No shit, try to go get it tomorrow before they change their mind lol. Again glad you are pretty much ok, and sounds like it will work out as well as it can.

Users who are viewing this thread