Never thought I would be posting this.....

Thrust

Established Member
Hell if you don't buy it, I will! I would put it in the first decent body v6 that I could find.

chitowncobra

Established Member
BradN01 said:
Guys, the responses here have been overwhelming. Thanks for all the support, it's awesome to have a forum, no a "family" of people like you guys. You're awesome! Anyway, more good news. My insurance is totalling it out, and giving me the retail value of it at $29k. Ok, so at least I don't have to worry about hassling them for extra money because that seemed like a fair price. I made it out to my car yesterday and started pulling some parts that I could. Never knew that would have been as painful, both mentally and physically haha. I heard back from my insurance today about buying it back. I figured it to be around $5k. Guys, get ready. The salvage value is........$1700. AWESOME! So, it looks like project modular mystic is a go!! I had to get on here and let ya'll know that, stay tuned for more info. And again, Thanks for everything...
i am sorry to here about your accident!!! i know how you feel ive been their, i am very attached to my car!!! at least your okay!!! and now you have got money to play with. good luck on your adventure w/your new project car!!!! peace!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
03SBSVT said:
wow 1700 eh??? holy crap! I'd definitly buy that back, then get a 99 GT and do a complete rebody.

And this is exactly what I did! haha Actually I found an 00 GT for $6400 and it's now sitting in my driveway. The Saleen wheels are on the way and the complete body kit should be on the way in a couple of weeks. The car is Black on black and I plan on transferring the motor, tranny, complete interior, and the hood over. I'll need a couple of miscellaneous parts I know but I've finally found something to look forward too out of all of this! Stay tuned for pics and more news...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Best of luck with the project. Still can't believe you were able to buy it back for $1,700. The parts alone are worth a WHOLE lot more. You got a steal IMO.

Juruense

Banned
I feel so bad for your car, to be owned by someone who would drive it on bald d/rs in the rain. And a Mystichrome to boot. Its a shame that you bought it and not someone with some common sense. Poor Mystichrome Cobra...

DAkid

VLC & AAS
Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
I feel so bad for your car, to be owned by someone who would drive it on bald d/rs in the rain. And a Mystichrome to boot. Its a shame that you bought it and not someone with some common sense. Poor Mystichrome Cobra...
if u read u would see that he really didnt have much of a choice to drive it that day... his beater was out so he had to. its not like he wanted to drive the car in the rain. i dont see why u have to say a statement like that :rollseyes

TrickStang37

Established Member
it really just is a car. it sucks, but you'll move on. atleast you had insurance. i only had liability on my 93 mustang. that thing was stolen and striped. i also only had liability on the impala clone. the motor had less than 500mi when the car caught fire and burned down.

good luck, sounds like your back on your feet gettin things going again.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:

That was kind of a harsh statement to make. I loved and took care of my car more than any possession I own. But, while we're feeling sorry for cars and all.... how about your poor car that has never even gotten to enjoy an exhaust upgrade much less a pulley swap.... THAT is a shame to me... N/M not trying to turn this thread into anything else than it is.

Juruense

Banned
BradN01 said:
That was kind of a harsh statement to make. I loved and took care of my car more than any possession I own. But, while we're feeling sorry for cars and all.... how about your poor car that has never even gotten to enjoy an exhaust upgrade much less a pulley swap.... THAT is a shame to me... N/M not trying to turn this thread into anything else than it is.
You are right, it was too harsh and I apologize... I just really love Mystichrome Cobras... :( What a shame.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
You know what would have been cool? Your original 93 idea with the transplant but painted in your old cars color, Mystichrome.

quad

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Best of luck with the project. Still can't believe you were able to buy it back for $1,700. The parts alone are worth a WHOLE lot more. You got a steal IMO.

He had a great car that's now wrecked and he had to pay $1700 to get it from the insurance company. He's much worse off than he was before the accident. I understand that everyone is trying to make him feel better but the reality is accidents are very expensive and you never come out looking better financially.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

DAkid

VLC & AAS
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
You know what would have been cool? Your original 93 idea with the transplant but painted in your old cars color, Mystichrome.
ohhhh yesssssss :thumbsup:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
First off, I'm sorry to see your loss. I lost my Mach 1 earlier this year and was forced to make a post similar to this. This also hits home because my loss was also due to Drag Radials in the rain. I really, really feel your pain, and do know that everything will work out for you.
It has been several months for me, and I have become just as happy with my new toy. I know you will pull through, remember to do some research on your dealings and entitlements with the insurance company, and get what its really worth. I took back like 26K or so when I wrecked my Mach, that was more than blue book. I forget now exactly what the settlement was.
Second, thanks for the reality check. I feel your pain, and seeing something like this makes me remember why I should respect and appreciate my own health and that I am again driving one bad a$$ mustang. We forget sometimes, and we push the limits, only to find ourselves in a bad spot when its too late. I screw around too much, and I know the cost all to well... this is a reminder.
I know you weren't screwing around, but this just rings a bell to me... I have come too close for comfort lately in the Cobra and its time for a reality check.
Thank you again for sharing, and hopefully I have provided a little comfort too. I know how much a friend can mean at a time like this, and we here all share a common bond that makes us friends, one and the same... even never having stood face to face.
Best of luck.

Edit: Oh, this is a few days old... anyway. Best of luck!

Last edited:

MYSTICHROME447

Established Member
Glad you are ok but it absolutely broke my heart to see a mystic like that. lots of people tell me mine is just a car too but I feel completely opposite of them my cobra is my child basically, or a very important part of my family. My wife gasped too when she saw the pics so she must feel about the same way.:thumbsup:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
As a fellow MystiChrome owner, I'm saddened to see one of our own bite the bullett. :cryying:

However, the best news is that you survived the accident! :beer:

Here's another idea for "replacing" your Cobra - How about either selling the Cobra "as is" or parting it out? This, along with your insurance money, should give you adequate $$$ to buy another MystiChrome. :shrug:

I've had my MystiChrome for a little over a year now and I know that if I had to do it all over again (the mods), there's definitely a few changes I would make. Just get you another one and start off on a clean slate with this one...

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
FlaSeaDude said:
As a fellow MystiChrome owner, I'm saddened to see one of our own bite the bullett. :cryying:

However, the best news is that you survived the accident! :beer:

Here's another idea for "replacing" your Cobra - How about either selling the Cobra "as is" or parting it out? This, along with your insurance money, should give you adequate $$$ to buy another MystiChrome. :shrug:

I've had my MystiChrome for a little over a year now and I know that if I had to do it all over again (the mods), there's definitely a few changes I would make. Just get you another one and start off on a clean slate with this one...

This is a great idea, and I thought about it a lot before I purchased the GT. I'm 23 and have a decent full-time job. But now that I don't have that payment anymore, I'm able to go back to school. I plan on finishing my 4 year degree and getting a better job so I can just pay in full for the next one. Trust me, I WILL own another Mystichrome. But I think I'm making a better decision at the moment. No matter how sad I am when I open the garage door and don't see that paint changing.... :-(

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
wow. that totally sucks. and i very much understand and agree that is not just another car. i cannot imagine the horror of all the time invested, i would just try to not look at those pics too much. those even gave me chills. sorry to hear it man. glad your ok though.

Users who are viewing this thread