Never thought I would be posting this.....

Geno-04

Established Member
I know how you feel. Thats almost the same way I lost my kenne bell gt. Very sorry to hear about this, but at least your ok. I know u don't care rite now, but you will. But maybe you will move on to something better. best of luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very sorry to hear of your accident, but glad you're weren't hurt worse. Count your blessings for sure. It could have been a lot worse. So your insurance company told you it is totalled?

I have to agree with JB regarding the use of DRs in the rain....any rain. Just not worth the risk. But I know you feel bad enough over this. I doubt you'll do it again. Get well soon!

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
putting the engine and drivetrain into a fox but it will take some time and probably lots of coin. I say sell it out for parts and look for another 03-04.

+1

I can honestly say that after having a magazine car Fox Body, even as custom as it was and nice as it was (10sec on motor, 6spd, custom system, beautiful), it does not compare to the driving experience of a Terminator. There just better cars.

When I saw your photos, I too cringed and could hardly look, I got that sick feeling. I am very sorry for you, I drove home in the rain (w/BFG DR's) from BG this year and it could have happend to me. The fact that you OK and can live on is the main thing.

Move on, rock on! :thumbsup:

rmays06

Established Member
Wow, glad you're ok it could have been alot worse looking at it but you'll be back. Looking at the pictures its a good thing you only got 11 stitches.
Best of luck to you.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I feel for you. I lost my 1985 Mustang GT in 1989 in similar conditions. It was my pride and joy. I was driving down a back road after a bad rain, and hit a flash flood running across the road. I was doing about 55 when I hit it, and rolled once as well as went end over end once. I did not have drag radials, but the result was nearly the same. I walked away with minor injuries, but the car was totaled.

I can tell you from experience that you will always miss your car, but you will find another you will enjoy just as much, if not more :)

I am glad you are OK, and I am sorry for the loss of your Terminator.

My 85 looked a lot like yours after the wreck: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]/album/576460762312605465

Your pics brought back some memories for me :(

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
[QUOTEI'm not sure if I want to buy it back and "transform" it into another car. For some reason the idea of a 93 Cobra with a 04 powertrain and interior is staying in my head. [/QUOTE]

first off, glad your okay. i have thoguht about the swap and it is a great way to let her live on. plus that would be one fast ass fox! good luck to you and i hope everything turns out right.

tu212

Established Member
Sorry for your loss :( Good thing you are ok. Just wondering if you had any questions from the insurance company about the dr's.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Wow, the pictures were grim. Glad you're OK. I can relate to how you feel about your attachment to your Cobra, I feel the same way. However, I've been attached to all my toys when I owned them and it was tuff to say goodbye to all of them but I knew they were just machines and there would be others. Hopefully you had some good pics of your Cobra to remember her. Now collect your insurance for her and get another one or wait till the Shelbys come down. Again, the fact that you walked away with minor injuries is the important thing, machines can be built anew and/or replaced.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
JB said:
very sorry to hear this but glad no one was hurt

of course, every time I say something about DR's in the rain, a few people always jump in and start spouting off about how they 'know how to drive' and 'can handle it'

So true.

TRBO VNM

sorry to see that happen. I had something similar happen this past summer at the track and insurance won't cover that. good luck with whatever you decide. I know how you feel. I ended up buying another though.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
sorry to see that happen. I had something similar happen this past summer at the track and insurance won't cover that. good luck with whatever you decide. I know how you feel. I ended up buying another though.

yes... you killed a more rare version though. :(

Users who are viewing this thread