Nascar, confederate battle flag and our rights

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I don't think anyone's freedoms have been stepped on in this whole ordeal.

Are you serious? Wow.

I’m thinking if it was spun the other way and something as arbitrary as the NBA suddenly vowing to ban all that is “Nike” from use by their fans since it may offend Greek-Americans that stadiums and cities would literally burn in outrage to a perceived attack on freedoms.

Add something like ABC is cancelling the show Black-ish since the actors wore Nike products during each episode and you would have a national emergency with the perception of rights being stepped on. Have retailers announce that they are subsequently dumping all Nike products and you'd have an apocalyptic problem. Keep in mind that innocent people have been murdered just to obtain their Nike products, so it is a legitimate social icon that is idolized by some members of modern society.

This BS NASCAR PC response is all part of the national response that has included an attack on a veterans monument in South Carolina, the defacing of numerous southern monuments nationwide, the dumping of products from retail inventories, and the eradication of a classic television show. We haven't even seen the end of the backlash yet. The shit took off exponentially due to an isolated completely unrelated incident in South Carolina.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Are you serious? Wow.

I’m thinking if it was spun the other way and something as arbitrary as the NBA suddenly vowing to ban all that is “Nike” from use by their fans since it may offend Greek-Americans that stadiums and cities would literally burn in outrage to a perceived attack on freedoms.

Add something like ABC is cancelling the show Black-ish since the actors wore Nike products during each episode and you would have a national emergency with the perception of rights being stepped on. Have retailers announce that they are subsequently dumping all Nike products and you'd have an apocalyptic problem. Keep in mind that innocent people have been murdered just to obtain their Nike products, so it is a legitimate social icon that is idolized by some members of modern society.

This BS NASCAR PC response is all part of the national response that has included an attack on a veterans monument in South Carolina, the defacing of numerous southern monuments nationwide, the dumping of products from retail inventories, and the eradication of a classic television show. We haven't even seen the end of the backlash yet. The shit took off exponentially due to an isolated completely unrelated incident in South Carolina.

I think you have caving to public pressure and freedoms actually being taken away confused.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think anyone's freedoms have been stepped on in this whole ordeal.

I feel you, at the same time I find it hard to believe that nothing can or will offend you. Example: I've mentioned before that I worked at a HDC with residents with physical and mental issues/disorders. We often went out into the public to shop, bowl, catch a movie and many other things. We wanted our residents to live as close to a "normal" life as possible. Many times we would get funny looks and every now and again I'd hear insensitive comments from people if we were talking to long in line to pay for something. The looks i could deal with, the comments not so much. I've never snapped at anyone for it because I didn't want my clients seeing that and I'd have lost my job and possible put on the registry for putting my clients in danger. My point is people don't have to say or do anything directly to you for you to be offended, what if you're out with a sick parent, grandparent, child, and someone is disrespectful towards them? Not being offended isn't as simple as you make it out to be IMO.

I know what you are saying and you are right in that it is hard. Sometimes you have to chalk it up to ignorance and ignorant people. All though you want to bust a few heads sometimes. Rap has been an outlet for many self proclaimed "gangstas" and is riddled with violent suggestions and admissions. Yet I look at it as another form of art. I find it funny when I am called a punto, cracker, white boy, honky, asshole, dickhead, bastard, etc... Yea, times I wanted to do something but it would never be worth it.

I have no "Southern Heritage" but some things I have seen about calling the soldiers who fought for the South, traitors, makes me laugh. Were we not traitors when we rose up against England? Lincoln freed no slaves until after the war. Hell, the North made laws that runaway slaves had to be returned to owners. The flag of the Confederacy is just as much a symbol of treason and racism as the U.S. flag or the flag flown by colonials during and after the revolutionary war.

Racists problem is not a flag but the ignorance of people and the desire by some to profit from holding others down. As I have said, if racism goes away then so does the money flow of the KKK, Sharpton, Jackson, and anyone else that has used one side, the other, or both sides of racism.

Users who are viewing this thread