My Ultimate Quick Detailer experience.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It has been two weeks now, and this is no joke. I have noticed a lot less bugs on the front bumper after long drives, and 99% of the bug spatter that is on the front bumper can be taken off with my California duster. The paint still feels slick like I just finished polishing/waxing it. The gloss is still outstanding too. I get lot so of compliments to the tune of "you must have spent all day polishing that thing".

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
04sleeper said:
I am going out again today to try to find some.

Haven't seen it yet. :cuss:
I checked O'Reilly, Autozone & Walmart before I finally found it at Advance Auto. Check there.
Like Hissman said, It really slicks up the paint. I sprayed my rear quarters down before going to the track last night & it made a HUGE difference in the rubber sticking to it. I was able to wipe off what did stick with a microfiber and another squirt of it. It works great.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
lloyyd said:
I checked O'Reilly, Autozone & Walmart before I finally found it at Advance Auto. Check there.
Like Hissman said, It really slicks up the paint. I sprayed my rear quarters down before going to the track last night & it made a HUGE difference in the rubber sticking to it. I was able to wipe off what did stick with a microfiber and another squirt of it. It works great.
Thanks, but there are no Advanced Auto Parts here in Dallas. :cuss:

1luckysob

Established Member
I just got a bottle of this stuff today. I will be doing a full detail tommorow. Wash, clay, polish, glaze, wax. Should I put the detailer on before or after the wax?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
1luckysob said:
I just got a bottle of this stuff today. I will be doing a full detail tommorow. Wash, clay, polish, glaze, wax. Should I put the detailer on before or after the wax?
I only use my detailer between waxes after washing.

If you are going to wax it then no need for the quick detail IMO.

1luckysob

Established Member
04sleeper said:
I only use my detailer between waxes after washing.

If you are going to wax it then no need for the quick detail IMO.

Well, I daily drive my car and with it being black, it's either clean or pretty dirty. I dont think a quik detailer is gonna cut the mustard for in between cleanings. I just thought some of you guys were using it after a wash and wax to help repel water and dirt more so than just a wax.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
1luckysob said:
Well, I daily drive my car and with it being black, it's either clean or pretty dirty. I dont think a quik detailer is gonna cut the mustard for in between cleanings. I just thought some of you guys were using it after a wash and wax to help repel water and dirt more so than just a wax.
I would still get it and use it after washes. You shouldn't have to wax your car every time you wash it so this is an easy way to keep the shine and protect in between waxes.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
It rained pretty hard one day last week, so hard it washed off all the dust and bird crap. So this weekend I just did a wipe-down with Ultimate Detailer, no washing what-so-ever. Here's what it looked like afterwards:

Ultimate_Detailer_Wipe_Down.jpg

Last time I waxed was over a month ago and normally wash weekly. My impression is it's like mixing regular Quick Detailer with a hint of NXT spray wax. ;-) When I did the hood in the hot sun, it did smear, but that's my own fault for spraying it on baking hot metal in the sun mid-day. You definitely gotta use it on a cool surface. The sprayer is also the best I've ever used, much better then the regular Quick Detailer, it just sprays such a nice super fine mist.

r6bullet

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I got mine at Advance Auto parts.

That is where I got mine as well, also does anybody else have a problem with this stuff leaving a dull spot?

I shook the bottle up and I love the shine it puts on the paint but every now and then it will leave little dime sized dull spots that you have to buff out with microfiber. Turns a "quick detail" job into a full car buffing?? Other than that it is great, whent and washed the car and the water just fell off the car. Was actully kinda cool, I am still using this stuff as I see more pros than cons.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Dime sized dull spot? Are you sure that it is not a droplet that is coming off of the bottle and you are missing with the rag? I don't have that problem.

4fit?

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Dime sized dull spot? Are you sure that it is not a droplet that is coming off of the bottle and you are missing with the rag? I don't have that problem.
+1
I've never experienced that either.:shrug:

danponjican

Established Member
1luckysob said:

Since this contains synthetic polymers (sealants) I think you would want to use it before your wax (assuming you are using a carnuba wax). Sealants need to bond directly to the CC.

r6bullet

Established Member
HISSMAN said:

Well maybe not dime sized, but about the size of a sunflower seed. And it does not happen all the time but when it does it takes a lot of work to get it off. I have used Tech wax on the car a few weeks ago, maybe I just missed a spot and the detailer finds it?? I hit the car last night with a quick coat of NXT spray wax, it is looking good. I will see if that helps at all, the paint is smooth and if a rag is left on the hood it will slide right off.

tony281sc2

Established Member
I got to try the UQD tonight after I washed my car. It worked great getting spots out on the hood that washing didnt get. Very smooth too.
It was getting dark though so I didnt do the whole car.

danponjican- If youre going to clay/polish/wax you wont need to use the UQD too.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Ya, normally when I take the hour and thirty minute drive one way to Six Flags Great Adventure, I'll have a ton of bugs and grime stuck to the front windshield and bumper - even on a perfectly clear day. But when I went last weekend after using UQD, the truck was just about perfectly clean when I got home! Then it rained later that night and just the rain alone washed almost everything off! Very good stuff for keeping the bugs from sticking!

Users who are viewing this thread