My Ultimate Quick Detailer experience.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
What's the difference between the Meguiars Quik Detailer (maroon bottle), the NXT version and this UQD? :shrug: I've tried the first two (didn't like them) but haven't tried this UQD yet.

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I used it today on mine.. Daily Driven... paint is so damn smooth... sorry for the adequate pictures, I was in a hurry at this point...

cobra5side1.jpg

cobra6side2.jpg

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I was at autozone here in northern jersey, and I was trying to look for it. I ended up passing it like 4 times it was right in the front got the last bottle. Nothing but good things to say about it, compared to the original quick detailer its light-years ahead.

4fit?

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Here's a video of the UQD in action - very impressive.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/index.shtml?vidID=128718

I'm going to try to pick some up soon. :banana:

I use Adam's Detail Spray and Clearkote's Quik Shine now - will be hard to beat them.
You can do a search on YouTube as well. There are several videos out there about UQD. Some of them are from the Meguiar's Garage during UQD's development. It had a code name at the time, but I can't recall what it was and I can't access YouTube here at work.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
eludebear said:
I was at autozone here in northern jersey, and I was trying to look for it. I ended up passing it like 4 times it was right in the front got the last bottle. Nothing but good things to say about it, compared to the original quick detailer its light-years ahead.

I completely agree 100%.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Picked some up yesterday, very surprised - no streaking/smearing/haze left over, very easy to use, leaves the paint very smooth with a great shine. Badass. :banana:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Here's a few pics of my Cobra in the Bristol FFW show last weekend. I had to detail the car once on Thursday, Friday after driving thru 2 brief showers heading there, again on Saturday morning after setting up, and then twice on Sunday. On Sunday once in the morning before judging and then after the rain storm came and went thru.

DSC07238.jpg

DSC07230.jpg

DSC07279.jpg

DSC07281.jpg

DSC07283.jpg

DSC07282.jpg

DSC07286.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Thanks.

I ended up getting a Top 25 Best in Class on Saturday. Only new car to do so. The other fairly new car was a 93 Teal Cobra that was beautiful. The rest of the Top 25 were from 1970 and earlier.

Sunday I got the award for the best Cobra. There were some beautiful Cobras there also. ItalianSVT was there with his beautiful 10th anniversary and several others beside the teal 93. I was very honored. My wife was sitting with the car when the UPR folks came over. She said they were just stunned at the car. Most people could not believe the Ford factory/SVT could come up with something like that. That is why I have copies of my letters from SVT stating the rareness of the Mystichrome package. It is definitely a fun car to own.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Well thats why I posted the pics. I thought I had answered on the first page right after Hissman that it is truely a GREAT product. Since I purchased my first bottle that is all I have used. It really does make the car slick and shine. Bugs, dirt and anything else seems to just slide right off. Like I said I detailed the car 4 times before the rains came Sunday afternoon and all I did was take my Micro Fiber drying towel and wipe it off. I did not have to do anything else. I have used the UQD under the hood, on the engine, on the wheels and just about every where else on the outside. It really enriches the paints colors and depth. A gentleman sitting next to me at the show saw me using it on the windshield and said, " You can use that on glass ,too" I told him I always wipe the glass down with it. He just had a $10,000.00 paint job put on his 60s Falcon and said he was going out and buy a bottle. His car had never been waxed or buffed and he won "Best Paint" but he had always used the Meguir's polishing compound. I told him I could not wait to see it after he hits the paint up with wax or sealer or what ever he decided to use.

OBTW I am now on my second bottle. HA HA. On the way back from Bristol the bottle was in my "detailing case" on a almost whole roll of paper towels. For some unknown reason the paper towels really like the UQD so much it sucked the whole bottle dry. Talk about being upset. I had to go to Walmart the next day and buy a new bottle. Besides my Bristol Dragway hat and my Ford racing hat thats all it "leaked" on. Still when you lose $4 - $6 worth of cleaning supplies it just doesn't sit right.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I'm sold....can't wait to try this product out after I do a full detail on my car. Got one of my friend's who owns a '00R and Ford GT that I'm gonna try it on as well. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread