My Ultimate Quick Detailer experience.

jcobra

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a black car and used it yesterday at a show and did not get any smears. I previously had some poorboys spray and it smeared really bad. I like this stuff better so far.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
jcobra said:
Hey guys, I have a black car and used it yesterday at a show and did not get any smears. I previously had some poorboys spray and it smeared really bad. I like this stuff better so far.

That sounds good. Us black car owners need all the help we can get to keep our cars clean & to stay that way... ;-)

texaswrx

Established Member
jcobra said:
I have always had good luck with the PB stuff. I assume you were using the spray and gloss? If too much product is used, it can smear. I am using the Megs on the Tahoe right now, and so far so good. I still reserve the Fk425 for the Cobra, as well as the Poorboys.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
jcobra said:
did people think you were gay

I thought he might have been a little on the funny side also! I saw in one of his posts that he had a rainbow keychain!:dw: :lol: Nah just kidding!:lol: I'm going to try some of this the next time my car needs it! On another note I took some pic's last night and I'll try to post them today or tomorrow hopefully!

4fit?

Established Member
Yup, the UQD is awesome stuff! I picked some up a couple weeks ago and have already told several folks about it. Great product, as is most of the other Meguiars products!

03blacksvtcobra

Established Member
I used this on the 03 Cobra (Black) this morning. made a huge difference. I applied 2 coats with a microfiber towel and wiped it down with a diaper. It did make the paint look a little deeper and I had no problems with smears. :fart:

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
03blacksvtcobra said:
I used this on the 03 Cobra (Black) this morning. made a huge difference. I applied 2 coats with a microfiber towel and wiped it down with a diaper. It did make the paint look a little deeper and I had no problems with smears. :fart:

Sweet... ! :rockon:

BLK93GT

Established Member
I use Duragloss Aquawax alot on my truck and it works really nice, no smearing. I'll have to try this stuff out though since the Aquawax is not really a detailer. I need something to clean up in between washes.

jokerwylde

Established Member
Picked up a bottle at AutoZone today, but they didn't have it on the shelves with the other detailers, they only had a few bottles, and they were all put up on the very top rack, in the overstock section. Didn't look like they actually had a place on the shelves for them yet.

4fit?

Established Member
BLK93GT said:
I use Duragloss Aquawax alot on my truck and it works really nice, no smearing. I'll have to try this stuff out though since the Aquawax is not really a detailer. I need something to clean up in between washes.
Nothing wrong with Duragloss products. Duragloss is made by Brothers Research, which is based out of my home town. I have known the guys that make this stuff for 20 plus years. Wonderful products!

danponjican

Established Member
After using UQD for a few weeks now on my Cobra I am switching back to Duragloss Aquawax. UQD doesn't stack up to the durability and shine that the AW gives. I know it's sorta apples to oranges comparing the two because the UQD is a detailer (has cleaners and protection) but I still prefer the results of DG FCS #921 followed by DG AW #951. I still keep those two bottles in my car and give the Cobra a nice wipe down every so often.

BLK_03

Established Member
Used it. Liked it.

My car is in the garage and has been for a while now for upgrades. I can't honestly say that I was "awed" or "amazed" by the product. I keep the car in good shape, so it's not like this product is going to work wonders. That said, it went on easy, removed easy, and left no smearing.

I also noticed it smells a LOT like the NXT quick detail spray.

Would I buy it again? Sure. Do I HAVE to have it? Not really.

crystalwhitesvt

whitesnake
Established Member
My wife told me she was going to wal-mart to have some pictures devoloped, I asked too look for the UQD to see if they had any. They had one bottle for $9.97 with a $5.00 mail in rebate (she lives for finding deals on anything). So we'll see if all the hype is true.

Users who are viewing this thread