My Ultimate Quick Detailer experience.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Well, I used it after I washed my car for a car show last weekend, and this stuff is great! It goes on very easily (almost like water) and leaves no residue. I did part of the hood with some other detail pray that I had, and you could feel the difference when you ran your finger across the two. The UQD was much slicker. I also noticed that the gloss was as brilliant as if I had just spent all day polishing. I love this stuff! My brother used it on his lightning, and on his Jeep commander and the water does sheet off of it like nothing I have ever seen before. kudos to Maguire's for making a great product!

I forgot to get closeups of the paint, but you can kind of tell that it was pretty glossy. Also of note, I have not waxed the car since February, and I have washed it about 6 times since the last wax.

I won "Best Ford" in this show. :rockon: There were only four trophies given out. It was a show put on by Ford Guys, so they had the Best Ford trophy, and three generic trophies. They had "best Classic", I think one was "best antique" or something, then the "Mayor's Choice" where the Mayor and his wife picked their favorite.

180924.jpg

180923.jpg

180912.jpg

-Jeff

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
wow looks great, I just ordered some because it isn't in stores around here yet I can't wait to get it and try tomorrow....

texaswrx

Established Member
Added it to my collection. I will post thoughts later.

Hissman, nice pictures and it seems you were one of the lucky ones that had the underside of your hood painted.

RocMach1

Established Member
Just bought it the other day and used it first time yesterday. Works reallly well. My g/f came over after i was done cleaning the car and she thought i spent all day waxing it it looked soo good. Havent had water on it yet so I cant vouche for how the water beads off but im sure from the slickness it will roll right off

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
texaswrx said:
Hissman, nice pictures and it seems you were one of the lucky ones that had the underside of your hood painted.

LOL, nope, I had the whole car taken apart and repainted :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You may be correct about that. But it shines a lot better than any spray wax I have ever used. And it is a whole lot thinner. It is seriously like misting water on your paint.

-Jeff

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Hissman, Very nice. If you got any pics of that engine compartment... I would love to see them.

AL

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
180930.jpg

That is my Bro. Jeremy sitting in the background of this one. ;) And that is his L beside of my Cobra.
180928.jpg

180929.jpg

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Thanks for the pics

BTW, the 2004 cobra terminator sticker... does that show the build number on it and where can I get one.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yes, it shows the build number. I can not remember where I got it. I am sure that someone will remember though.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
I am guessing that's Meguire's right? I ordered that detailer before it showed up in stores from the factory almost 2 months ago and to this day, still amazed how well it shines the car. Great way to a quick/easy clean. The paint is night and day difference to the touch - smooth, silky, towel slides right off the hood. And the best thing about it, rain water beads like crazy. I've had a detail shop ask me what I used to make the water literally jump off the paint. Meguire's Quick Detailer FTW! Just make sure you shake the bottle before use otherwise it will leave a haze

-Paul

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
fak3r said:
Just make sure you shake the bottle before use otherwise it will leave a haze

-Paul

Yep. I shook it really well. I am actually pretty good at following directions when it comes to my car. Other things.....not so much.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Are you guys talking about the quik detailer they've been making for years? I had a 84GT for two years with an awesome paint job and I used their quik detailer to wash the car every time. I keep a bottle of that stuff in my trunk for bird shit!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Nope, this is new stuff that they just came out with.

jcobra

Established Member
There is a huge SVT/Ford show around here this weekend, I think im gonna get me some of that stuff.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I have two bottles at the house that I'm using. So far so good.

CobraO4 said:
Thanks for the pics

BTW, the 2004 cobra terminator sticker... does that show the build number on it and where can I get one.

You can order them from CobraBob's site --> Link

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Jeff aka HISSMAN,

Thanks for the update on this stuff. If you say it's a good product I will trust you because you know your stuff. Looks like I will have to try a bottle out on my black COBRA soon... ! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread