My TV Just Fell...

Satyr

Established Member
Sorry to hear about this. Does it power on or anything? I had an LCD TV about 5 years ago that just died on me..wouldn't turn on or anything. Figured it was shot. Brought it to a TV repair guy and he fixed it for 50 bucks. Ended up being a power supply and one of the chip boards had burned up.

Of course, an entirely new screen will cost more, but it still might be worth the repair. Considering that a cell phone costs $500+ new and you can replace the screen for under $100, I would look into it and see if TV's have a similar price scale.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It is in fact a TC-P65VT60. Depression is growing watching my vizio I've moved from the bedroom. I'm also seeing the exact tv online going for as much as $5k. I'm guessing because they are not available anymore. WTF.
Yea they don't have them anymore. I bought mine exactly one month before they sold the last one's. Couldn't find them at all online, only used or couple of sizes smaller. I know what you mean, I love my Plasma Sammy from my room but it takes a while to adjust to the colors and all coming from the living room.
It was a plasma. You want one of them nice thin LED type deals.
NEVER compare an LED and a VT60…. NEVER! The VT60 is VERY thin as well, its thinner than some LED's.
If your buddy was a true friend he would leave, come back with a ski mask on and a fake gun, steal the TV and the two of you would never speak of this again.
:rockon:
That would be a true friend!

Last edited:

verbal

Established Member
This is actually an option I didn't think about. I did in fact purchase it on my American Express Card. But I doubt they would cover accidental damage. But I'll check anyway.

Only other insurance I have is Renters. Already spoke with them and thats a no go. Theres nothing they cover I could even make up lol.

Amex will probably reimburse you for part of it. They gave me money for a bike I purchased with the card when my apartment building burnt down.

I am surprised your renters insurance won't do anything.

Jon82387

Established Member
I install tv's like this quite often. Yea the metal studs are definitely flimsy butttttttttt, if you drill holes for toggle bolts to go through the drywall and the metal stud you shouldn't have nothing to worry about. I normally put 1/4" toggle bolts in the bracket and use at least 6 of them hitting as many studs as possible. If anything falls then it will be the whole wall lol.

Sorry for the loss, I'd cry if this happened to my tv hhahahaha.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
throw it up on craigslist and/or one of those audio/visual forums dedicated to tards who pay too much for a tv and see if someone will grab it up for a few hundred for parts. Im sure there are places that buy these and use the to hodgepodge other broken sets back together and sell off for profit.

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
So did you drop the tv or did it pull the lag bolts out of the wall? I always do the hang on the mount test. If it can hold me hanging and bouncing on it'll hold a tv. I was looking at the same tv before going the projector route. Sorry for your loss

Svt4ever22

Established Member
mj-laughing.gif

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It was a plasma. You want one of them nice thin LED type deals.

In-terms of picture quality, his TV would blow way any low profile LED TV in that price range.

This is as good as a budget enthusiast TV your money can buy. People think $2.8k is expensive, but it directly compares with $7k+ Pioneer Elite Plasmas, (Kuro).

Now that it's discontinued buyers are asking for more due to demand.

As the OP mentioned, all the way to $6k

Panasonic Viera TC P65VT60 65" 3D Ready 1080p HD Plasma Internet TV 5025232708147 | eBay

People read the labels and assume it can't be that great. Watch a movie on an older 720p calibrated Kuro, prepare to shit bricks when it looks 10 times better than your top of the line 1080p Samsung.

Last edited:

BlackOutUT

Established Member
In-terms of picture quality, his TV would blow any low profile LED TV in that price range.

This is as good as a budget enthusiast TV your money can buy. People think $2.8k is expensive, but it directly compares with $10k+ Pioneer Elite Plasmas, (Kuro).

Now that it's discontinued buyers are asking for more due to demand.

As the OP mentioned, all the way to $6k

Panasonic Viera TC P65VT60 65" 3D Ready 1080p HD Plasma Internet TV 5025232708147 | eBay

People read the labels and assume it can't be that great. Watch a movie on an older 720p calibrated Kuro, prepare to shit bricks when it looks 10 times better than your top of the line 1080p Samsung.

And this is exactly why I'm extra depressed.

xenodragon

Established Member
I know it doesnt help now, but with whatever TV I buy I always get the extra insurance on it for 1 year, where they replace it no matter what happens to it. In my experience TVs either break immediately or 10-15 years later.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I know it doesnt help now, but with whatever TV I buy I always get the extra insurance on it for 1 year, where they replace it no matter what happens to it. In my experience TVs either break immediately or 10-15 years later.

Don't most of these not cover accidents though? On a purchase this large, I usually go with some kind of insurance, but the company I bought this one from did not offer a plan that covered accidents.

On a better note, a friend of mines brother in law works in the audio visual field and is trying to work something out with panasonic. He thinks he can at least get me some kind of credit if I purchase another panasonic. Anything helps.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope you can get some discount from Panasonic on a replacement. Yeah, it would definitely help. If not, and I don't know how perfect a picture you're looking for, but there are some awesome plasma TVs (and even some LEDs) available for less than $2K. My latest set is a Samsung F8500 1080P 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV. I paid $1,420.25 through Amazon last September. IMO the picture quality is spectacular. Much better than my previous two Samsung plasma HDTVs. Are there better sets out there? Sure. But my point is that I am 100% happy with the quality of this one. I would recommend you check out what is available for under $2K before you go for a more expensive replacement. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread