My new build...finally. (Long)

TRBO VNM

So, assuming they receive it before lunch, they are going to fix it and send it back out before COB? I'm not a downer and want to see your car run, but :lol:

lol, no, they aren't fixing that one. basically they are just replacing the controller with a new one, testing it and sending it out. so really there is no fixing involved. just replacing the internal controller. pretty confident that is what it is because they had a bad batch of resistors on the board. they have already seen it with others.

TRBO VNM

Here are some "Pre" finished engine bay pics. not the greatest because it is still in the garage, but right now you get the idea. I can't wait to get the 180 degree fittings. then the hoses over the alternator will be gone and half the hoses back at the firewall will be gone. you can't really see the regulator in these pics, but it is on the driver side of the HPP upper. I need to get the bracket coated and am waiting on more chrome bolts. so overall the bay will be changed around for the better soon enough.

it is pushlock aeroquip hose and I have a nylon braided wrap over the hose. I think it looks a hell of a lot better than just the hose.

oh yeah, the hose from my pass. valve cover, that is temp. I just got the catch can today, so that will be changed and why it isn't wrapped.

oh yeah, car is getting detailed Saturday.

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Jason I've put a lot of time into trying to find a single imperfection under the hood and I have found it!!

Why didn't you paint your alternator bracket? lol

Car looks sick! Can't wait to see some vids what kind of #'s are you expecting?

TRBO VNM

Jason I've put a lot of time into trying to find a single imperfection under the hood and I have found it!!

Why didn't you paint your alternator bracket? lol

Car looks sick! Can't wait to see some vids what kind of #'s are you expecting?

alternator bracket? there are 2 upper brackets that are powdercoated the same as the intake. are you talking about the regulator bracket? if so, I know. I made that the night before I was supposed to be tuned and need to take it off to be coated. I will be taking it off and dropping it off at the coater this weekend.

pump was delivered and I talked to them. they are looking at it now

TRBO VNM

hahaha, I updated my other thread and forgot this one..

yeah, so pump went out today and I will have it tomorrow.

hey chris, told ya so. :poke:

anyway, spoke to their electrical engineer and he explained the failures they have had (company supplied them with some bad resistors). so they replace the controller for me and once they found out they were having issues they redesigned it. so I have all the updated parts/design. also found out exactly how to wire it for the boost switch.

TRBO VNM

and so it runs. ran long enough to come up to operating temp. then I just parked it. lol

getting detailed tomorrow and just waiting on one of my wheel lips to come back. then I will start logging for jon to tweak the tune.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
and so it runs. ran long enough to come up to operating temp. then I just parked it. lol

getting detailed tomorrow and just waiting on one of my wheel lips to come back. then I will start logging for jon to tweak the tune.

That's great news!

TRBO VNM

thanks guys. yes, I will have video and stuff soon enough. I have some things I want to change around to make it look better under the hood(coolant tank, re-run fuel lines, upper radiator hose, etc), but overall, it is done and will be just fine.

Seriously?

yeah. not happy, trust me. if it comes down to me borrowing a set of wheels to go to NC in less than 2 weeks, the TF will be for sale. And it isn't even Steve's fault. he is doing what he can. it is the chrome shop.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
D@mn Jason! After seeing a few guys on here cars with turbos, the guy from Philly at our All Members GTG car and watching the video from your old turbo, this shyt is pumping me up:lol: I can't wait to see your car complete and see how it performs. If I get my pennies saved up you think we can do a Turbo Mystichrome in a few years?;-)

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
D@mn Jason! After seeing a few guys on here cars with turbos, the guy from Philly at our All Members GTG car and watching the video from your old turbo, this shyt is pumping me up:lol: I can't wait to see your car complete and see how it performs. If I get my pennies saved up you think we can do a Turbo Mystichrome in a few years?;-)

That was my car at the GTG. Can't go wrong with a turbo Cobra...:rockon:

TRBO VNM

yup, sure can Rodney. :beer:

That was my car at the GTG. Can't go wrong with a turbo Cobra...:rockon:

+1

Users who are viewing this thread