My new build...finally. (Long)

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
yeah, it really stinks, but got the tire taken care of today(thanks Cory) and made it down to NC. no problems with the car at all. it survived 45 mins of stop and go traffic in 90+ degree heat(highest coolant temp was 196 during stop and go) and saw it as low as 176 while cruising.

cruised with the windows down and radio on. never heard the pump running over the radio or exhaust unless you are sitting still.

:lol: Cory is good for something I guess.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Nice man. I didnt make it up there this weekend. Rick and I were at the shop all day getting mine going. It runs and moves under its own power, but we are having an issue with the temp sending unit, first it read high saying the car was overheating, then it just stopped working. Got another one from ford today, but it will be a few weeks before I will be able to bring it home (leaving for California for 3 weeks) ugh

TRBO VNM

Nice man. I didnt make it up there this weekend. Rick and I were at the shop all day getting mine going. It runs and moves under its own power, but we are having an issue with the temp sending unit, first it read high saying the car was overheating, then it just stopped working. Got another one from ford today, but it will be a few weeks before I will be able to bring it home (leaving for California for 3 weeks) ugh

that suxs. I was hoping to meet you. I met a few others and finally met the Fore Precision crew and some other Hellion people I usually just talk to on the phone. it was hot, but I am from florida, so no biggie. and it was a good time.

engine bay looks awesome man!

thanks man. 2kbill took a lot of good shots for me since I forgot my camera. remembered the card, but not the damn camera. I will post up some pics tomorrow night that he took. I need to get to bed and have to drive home tomorrow.

TRBO VNM

well, fuel system is going to be changed. had issues with vopr locking the pump because of the weather and road temps. so, imo, external pumps are more for around town use and track use and not for use if you plan to take trips with the car.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
well, fuel system is going to be changed. had issues with vopr locking the pump because of the weather and road temps. so, imo, external pumps are more for around town use and track use and not for use if you plan to take trips with the car.

I had vapor lock issues all the time with my weldon 2025, if I drove the car more than 30+ min it was hit or miss if it was gonna lock or not.

TRBO VNM

yeah, the aeromotive does as well. which, really, may not be the pump. the fuel can be heating up before getting to the pump. I know the fuel lab draws a hell of a lot less current than others, so it shouldn't be heating the fuel up. so I can only assume it is the outside conditions.

TRBO VNM

no. sticking with return, but going 3 walbro in tank pumps. 3rd will run off the boost switch. found a terminator tank for trade for my glenns. just need to sell the fuel lab pump with pre-filter. it will be a bit though. I need to save money for the hat and other y-block.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
why not just run 2 fuel coolers and a voltage regulator on the pump???i have a magnafule 750 pro tuner pump with all the stuff lister above, and i drove my car on a 3 hr trip and never hade a problem with it...

TRBO VNM

I really am not interested in adding even more stuff to the system that could fail. 3hrs isn't good enough for me. show me 15+hrs and then we can talk. :D

the way I look at it, the triple pumps will support almost as much as the fuel lab pump with stock like reliability.

oh yeah, talk about bad luck...15min from the house, one trailer tire blew out. i have never had so much bad luck all at once as I have since I pulled the eaton.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I'll do you a favor and you can just donate the car to me and I'll handle all the bad luck! Lol. It seems whenever I work or have someone do work on my car something bad ALWAYS has to happen right away and keep the car down for months longer than it should. But if I'm wrenching on someone elses car it will get done a month early.

TRBO VNM

I hear ya.

I have talked to fuel lab and glenns and both have been great to work with and want to do whatever they can to make sure things are working properly. I need to think about a few things and get some pics to both companies over the next couple of days and then go from there.

TRBO VNM

quick update

new glenns tank on the way with feed/return on driver side. it will be further away from exhaust this way.

fuel lab is reducing the current draw from the pump at low speed. it will reduce the power it supports in low speed, but with a 5# boost switch, it won't really matter except for cruising. right now with no job, this is the cheapest alternative.

Last edited:

GostaFly

Established Member
Did you ever fab up the recirc for the wastegate and do any of the dyno testing? I am curious if you notice any loss of power dumping back into the exhaust.

TRBO VNM

not yet man. I was fighting the fuel issue with it getting hot and vapor locking the pump. glenns performance has been awesome and sent me a new tank with the feed/return on the other side(driver) which will put the ports a lot further away from the exhaust. Fuel lab has also been very good to deal with as well. they checked the pump for me and everything was good and they turned down the current draw at low speed just in case it was adding to heating up the fuel. the tank will be here friday and I will get it together sunday or monday(have friends in town, so no work on the car).

with my base tune I can get pre and post numbers for the gate, but it will only be at about 15-18# and just email tunes. so it hasn't been fab'ed up yet. hopefully within the next couple of weeks. trust me, I am dying to see the difference and drive the car again. with no full time job right now, I am trying to put little to no money into the car. it may be the end of the month before Jon can work his magic, but I will try to get something before that.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Dude this is one sweet setup... I love build threads, it reminds me of when I put the procharger on my gt! I was a newbee to it all at the time, and dealt with issue after issue..

It will turn out the way you want... Just hang in there!

TRBO VNM

thanks. got the tank friday and it is installed. I just need to reroute my lines since they are reversed now and it will be done. hope to do it tomorrow after I do a kmember install on another car.

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
I'm installing a similar setup. What do you think about instead of a Hobbs switch and installing just a plain rocker switch? When I need 100% fuel pump duty I would just hit the switch and :burnout:.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

TRBO VNM

rocker switch is fine if you know when you need it.

do you have dumps? that is the tank I used to have and the passenger exhaust pipe rubbed that 90 degree fitting coming out of the tank. I am not using a standard sway bar either, so I really had no adjustment for the pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread