My new build...finally. (Long)

TRBO VNM

about finished. just put the intake back on and mounted the regulator again with the new coated bracket.

I think I will have a one of a kind HPP upper. the second time the coater did it, he smoothed out all the welds on the upper part. so it looks just like one piece and not a few pieces welded together. looks freaking awesome. I also had a fitting welded on the back for the IAC. you have to run a hose before the tbody so the IAC reads pre and post tbody. most people just put a barb fitting in there, but I wasn't happy with that. I put -8an fitting on it and did it that way with a nickel hose end. also looks awesome with all the chrome bolts

I ran into a couple minor things tonight that I will have taken care of in a couple days. no big deal really. I am planning on getting it on the dyno this weekend, but nothing crazy since I will be logging and emailing logs to Jon to make tune tweaks. I will also be logging for drivability and he will make those tweaks for me as well. I will have him dial it in a little more when he comes down next.

TRBO VNM

car is freaking done. lol

pump works great from my testing. here is what I did

the instructions say to get a 10k-100k resistor. I am going with the 100k resistor, 1/4 watt. you can run the boost switch in normally open or closed and depending on if you want to run ground or 12 volts through it will determine which to use. I will be using as a ground setup so that way I don't have another power wire or fuse in the system. In this case, you would run the resistor between the yellow and red terminal on the pump. then you would hook a wire up from the yellow terminal to the boost switch and then a ground to the common terminal on the boost switch. so this would be the ground setup you will run.

because of that, the yellow terminal in a closed setup on the switch will see ground, which means the pump will operate at low speed. then when you hit the desired boost, it will open and break the ground. since the resistor is making the contact between the yellow and red terminals, it will see 12 volts and kick the pump to max speed.

I set my boost switch to about 10-12#. I tested it with the car running and just my bosot gauge and the boost switch hooked up to a mighty vac and checked it and you can hear the pump change to hi speed.

TRBO VNM

no. the dyno shop owner is out of town for the next couple of weekends. I am street tuning right now and just emailing back and forth with jon. once I get back from my trip next weekend and the dyno shop owner is back, I will get some numbers.

TRBO VNM

here are some of my final pics, but will get more this weekend when it is outside.

I changed the front fittings on the rails to 180 degree fittings to remove half the fuel line in the engine bay and cleaned up behind the intake to try and hide/consolidate some of the vac lines and stuff. the 180 degree fittings are some other companies nickel, but they look more chrome to me compared to the aeroquip nickel.

also got a couple decent shots of the HPP upper with the top welds smoothed out. There are a couple other things I did and will have to take some pics tonight.

you can also see I used a nylon braided covering on the aeroquip fuel line to give it a better look imo.

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

TRBO VNM

thanks. calling my buddy in NC tonight to see if he has a video camera and try to get some vids this weekend.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Nice man. I should be there this weekend, hope to see this beast in person. If all goes as planned, mine will be moving under its own power this weekend.

TRBO VNM

awesome man. the car will be at the Fore Precision booth. I may put it at the hellion booth one day if they want and have room. but right now, it is going to be at fore's booth. I will probably have a MACA under armor shirt on or another under armor cobra shirt and my orange oakleys. :beer:

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Looks really good J!

Is that your Hallman boost control mounted in the engine bay??

yeah, unfortunately. I decided to stop spending money on the car for a few months. I have a couple of vacations coming up and do not have vacation time yet from my full time job since I recently started a new one. so I need to save some money to compensate for lack of pay for those couple of weeks. winter time I plan to do the front cover, something with the alt, AMS1000 controller and blow thru.

Car looks great Jason!

thanks man. send down that chick in your avatar.

TRBO VNM

oh yeah, I think there was a problem with my boost setting on the switch. since my gate spring is about 10# and the switch was set about there, I think the pump was fluctuating from the switch turning on and off and I had pressure issues. I wired the pump on low again and so far no issues. so I am going to lower the boost switch to about 5 or 6# and see what happens. but right now, WOT is awesome and I will be leaving it on low for now for the weekend.

with a TS setup I don't think this would be an issue since you have instant boost and would be more than 10#. but with the base boost of 10 on the turbo setup, it appears to cause issues.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I think someone is trying to tell me something. all the last details gave me nothing but issues. just when I thought I was done and happy, I go to fill up with gas last night and found a nail in my tire. a tire that has 300 miles on it and it is on the edge of the side wall and tread. so now, another 250 bucks down the drain which is about what I would spend on my trip. ugh.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I think someone is trying to tell me something. all the last details gave me nothing but issues. just when I thought I was done and happy, I go to fill up with gas last night and found a nail in my tire. a tire that has 300 miles on it and it is on the edge of the side wall and tread. so now, another 250 bucks down the drain which is about what I would spend on my trip. ugh.

:fm: :cuss: Patience ...we all hit bumps in the road. Some more than others. :dw:

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member

Sorry to hear that. Just remember though things could always be worse but regardless having to pay money to fix things on your car that you didn't plan on always sucks.

TRBO VNM

yeah, it really stinks, but got the tire taken care of today(thanks Cory) and made it down to NC. no problems with the car at all. it survived 45 mins of stop and go traffic in 90+ degree heat(highest coolant temp was 196 during stop and go) and saw it as low as 176 while cruising.

cruised with the windows down and radio on. never heard the pump running over the radio or exhaust unless you are sitting still.

Users who are viewing this thread