My new 5.5 DOHC is in!

Blown02

Established Member
it really is man. im shocked that no one is buying it at this price, what a crappy market.. i have that in 2 parts lol.

If it doesnt sell soon im gonna throw some 57s on there and keep it. maybe get a c6 z as well for the DD.

BUMP

Last edited:

Anabolic

Banned
i just took an hour to read this entire thing, why would you sell it even if you lost interest in it.. there's so much invested.. if you're wating to take 80+k loss just leave it in the garage to drive once a year before anything, thats the dream you wanted 4 years ago...

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
i just took an hour to read this entire thing, why would you sell it even if you lost interest in it.. there's so much invested.. if you're wating to take 80+k loss just leave it in the garage to drive once a year before anything, thats the dream you wanted 4 years ago...

The tuner ruined his dream IMO...............

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
it really is man. im shocked that no one is buying it at this price, what a crappy market.. i have that in 2 parts lol.

If it doesnt sell soon im gonna throw some 57s on there and keep it. maybe get a c6 z as well for the DD.

BUMP

dude seriously just finish it! dont go to 57s. Throw some 61s on there and your set!

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
What? :bs:

Well after 4 years or more ( 10-17-2008, 04:19 PM ) of waiting,waiting,waiting and thousands of dollars that says alot..........

Hell Rome was built faster and better in a less amount of time;)

Heck that same tuner worked on my car for months and still had to delete his tune and get another to properly tune it.

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
If you weren't involved in the build then you should probably keep your "opinions" to yourself. However since I was there and have helped build it I would know why the build took so long. Go reread the thread. ;)

Which car was yours?

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Well after 4 years or more ( 10-17-2008, 04:19 PM ) of waiting,waiting,waiting and thousands of dollars that says alot..........

Hell Rome was built faster and better in a less amount of time;)

Heck that same tuner worked on my car for months and still had to delete his tune and get another to properly tune it.

There is always one of you aholes in a thread isnt there?

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
If you weren't involved in the build then you should probably keep your "opinions" to yourself. However since I was there and have helped build it I would know why the build took so long. Go reread the thread. ;)

Oh so you worked with or for MPH I understand now.

Well if you don't like my opinion thats fine I respect that but, this country was built on freedom of speech so I can voice mine as well as you can voice yours. :poke:

There are a few people on this thread who said same thing as me I just agreed buddy.
I reread the thread here is what I saw towards the end some of the comments and opinions that were stated by others. I just left my personal experiance out ( edited earlier today no need to repeat ) which would only have been inline with some of the others who responded here,

I can tell you a story about another cobra that MPH did. 4 motors in less than a total of 300 miles. Owner, tired of being hosed, finally said screw it. It's still sitting in my shop and the motor is still on the stand. He has lost all interest in the car because of it...

All I can say is WOW. It's pretty obvious you've lost interest if the car has been done all this time. So where are the dyno graphs?

I really hope that he's just not updating on this site.. because this is ridiculous if that car is still sitting over there. I know people respect Tim, but, I think a lot of us are scratching our heads on this one. What's up with this car?

There's always that honest guy who trusts a shop implicitly and gets strung along while they dick him around for many months and drain his bank account. Hope that everything worked out but it doesn't seem to be the case. I don't know specifics or the individuals involved but this doesn't look good and smacks eerily similar to the dozens of bad situations we all read about on all the gear-head forums (Hennessey etc...).

MPH should be ashamed of themselves for not getting this car out of their shop a LONG time ago. Either someone at their shop has taken a fancy to this car and doesn't want it to leave or they just like ripping this guy off...

This thread was started in October of 2008. I know that the car was at MPH for a LONG time before that.. I remember reading about it on MPH's forums before Tim merged with Mr. Norm's Garage. The forum has shut down, since, and I found this thread after. But, IIRC, it was there for at least a year or so BEFORE this thread was started. So, that makes it 3+ years.. As far as the money that was spent.. I'm not going to even go there. It's not my place to say anything about that.

I know one thing.. I would never let my car sit somewhere for 6 months.. much less 3 years! Tim, you really need to explain what's going on here. You've posted in here, so, I know that you get updates whenever someone makes a post. What's going on man?

Travis

I don't know what has happened here.. Tim was always considered a reputable guy, and one of the best mod motor builders/tuners around. I've been hesitant to say much of anything because I respect him and his work. But, this is ridiculous..

Austin has spent dump truck loads of money on this car, and as far as we know, it's still not finished. I think he said he had spent 80K or so total on it? I think MPH milked him out of some serious money over multiple years, and since Tim has moved on, this car/its owner has been seriously neglected.

How do you charge someone 80K to build a twin turbo Mustang? I know it's had 2 setups, but, even still.. 40K per setup?! I can build the most badass mod motor in existance, with the turbo kit and parts associated, and still not hit that mark. Furthermore, Austin's car really isn't THAT special. It's not like it has a 3500.00 Hogan sheet metal intake manifold, or ball bearing turbos..

There's no excuse for this.. Tim has seen this thread, and knows that it's here. You've charged this guy a ton of money for your work.. you can at least update this thread, if only for the sake of your image as a tuner/builder.

Travis

This is the longest build ever, seriously, did you start it like 3 years ago? lol Man at this point I wouldn't even be happy if it started, would be so fed up with waiting. :bash:

wow this is crazy blown02:bowdown: but MPH should burn in hell or learn how to run a business.You give them tons of your hard earned money and it takes them 3 years to build u a car,are u kidding me.I know fast aint cheap,this aint that,and MPH does it right but they built the St.Louis Arch faster then they can build a CAR:(. blown02 I can't wait to see the results and I hope they will be everything u could ever imagine :beer:

Longest build ever................

I could say same to but whatever.

There is always one of you aholes in a thread isnt there?

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I guess my question is at this point is why wasn't the car ever finished being dyno'd? I know it was dyno'd on a break-in run but it just seems strange it was never finished being dyno'd.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Man if you were not so far away.. If you do end up parting it let me know. ( I have a 5.4 based cobra Turbo car now ) i would talk to you about a bunch of stuff on the parts end for sure.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread