my early '01 has a teksid block? (see pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo01Cobra

Established Member
Wicked said:
I know you were answering slo's question. I was saying that he should not misunderstand that the internals are weak or strong but that the teksid and WAP refers to the block only.

Don't get your panties in a wad. :thumbsup:
I'm very clear on the internals, Just wondering How much hp before I have to worry about splitting a teksid block.

Thanks

Wicked

Established Member
SloIndyCobra said:
I'm very clear on the internals, Just wondering How much hp before I have to worry about splitting a teksid block.

Thanks

Cool. :thumbsup:

Wicked

Established Member
Venomous281 said:
both my 98 and my 2001 cobra havde TEK Side blocks. does this mean my stock motor can take more boost and abuse? like say 12lbs ??

My stock shortblock is handling my 13psi setup. I don't generally rev past 5500rpm(10-11psi, 425rwhp) though due to being stock.

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
Wicked said:
My stock shortblock is handling my 13psi setup. I don't generally rev past 5500rpm(10-11psi, 425rwhp) though due to being stock.

damn im gonna want to rev mine to like 6500. i guess im gonna have to order a forged rotating assembly. Is it true if you stroke your motor you wont be able to rev as high?

Wicked

Established Member
Venomous281 said:
damn im gonna want to rev mine to like 6500. i guess im gonna have to order a forged rotating assembly. Is it true if you stroke your motor you wont be able to rev as high?

Be prepared to rebuild is all I'm saying.

Mine may take it. And it has at the track and on the dyno, but I don't push my luck on the street on a daily basis.

stangbuff

Established Member
You guys had me out in the driveway with a flashlight; add another Teksid to the count. The build date is 03/23/01 which was a Friday; hopefully it was put together before lunch. ;)

mustangrmyk

Mustang Maniac
Established Member
It looks like they're all over the board. WAP block here. 1983/3867 born 6/29/01.

bouncer18

Established Member
WAP block... gonna run hella boost through it anyways..
If she dies.. she dies...

For what its worth...

with bassani X pipe (cated) - mac Catback (flowpaths) JLP RAI (if it makes a difference on the dyno)..

my car does 300.7 HP and 300.2 TQ..
Done on a Dynojet middle of August 2005 in Kansas City

Yellow Snake

Darkside Is Near
Established Member
Guys, maybe this has been said earlier, the Build Date of the car, Has Nothing to do with the build date of the engine.

Look at the drivers side valve cover for the bar code sticker, it will have the engine build date.

Motor On........ :pop:

moonltgold

Taz said:
Yup. Yours is a Teksid.

Yes, mine is square grid inside also (Teksid). My engine date (decal on left head) shows 1-10-01 and the car build is #813 on 5-7-01.

01 Cobra Coupe, True Blue

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
wow this thread is still alive?

edit, I should've made this thread a poll, I dont feel like going back though all the pages and counting all the '01 waps vs teksids

Last edited:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Just checked my FRPP 2000 Cobra crate motor.
Engine Build date 12/10/1999
Square grids.
Teksid.
Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo................. :thumbsup:

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I'm feeling left out w/my '99 but I'll post anyway...Teksid! I have heard that some '99s had WAP blocks but I don't see any posts indicating it.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
3B99SVT said:
I'm feeling left out w/my '99 but I'll post anyway...Teksid! I have heard that some '99s had WAP blocks but I don't see any posts indicating it.

I was kinda wondering that myself :shrug:

Saint

Established Member
Mine is a Teksid block as well. Just checked and it has the square grid. Motor built on 3/21/01. Car build date is 5/8/01 #852

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread