my early '01 has a teksid block? (see pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firme

Established Member
well... I have squares, so I guess another 01 Teksid block here...

#2743 of 3867 Coupes, born on 08/06/2001

Firme

Established Member
Here is a bad pic of my block. Its hard to get the flash to get down there(especially at night in pitch dark) , but it looks just like the pic posted of the Teksid.

01Cobra-Teksid-Block_Firme.jpg

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
so what does SHM say is the power difference in the blocks?
is one 700 hp and one 800hp?

I think it's more like one is good to a 1000 and the other to 1200. It's something ridiculous that will make zero difference on 99.999999999999999% of 99/01 Cobras.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
SHM(who is gay) says 600 for wap, 900 for teksid in stock form (no filler).
i do not know whether he means whp or bhp, but im guessing bhp since you can't speculate on drivetrain loses with different setups.

however, this is kind of bs, cause i've been over 700bhp for over a year with a wap block and nary a problem.

either block is fine for anything but the most serious race cars (that are actually frequently raced)

Tango7

Established Member
I have been following this thread and I looked at my block on my cobra and it has the square casting marks. My car was built 07/20/01

Hoss331

Established Member
My understanding is the teksid blocks have a casting number of F6LE/F6LZ and the WAP blocks are XR3E. This block came out of a 99 cobra and looks like a teksid but the casting number (XR3E 6015 CA) indicates it is a WAP. So which one is it teksid or WAP?

74_1_b.jpg

Taz

Established Member
Hoss331 said:
My understanding is the teksid blocks have a casting number of F6LE/F6LZ and the WAP blocks are XR3E. This block came out of a 99 cobra and looks like a teksid but the casting number (XR3E 6015 CA) indicates it is a WAP. So which one is it teksid or WAP?

74_1_b.jpg

Casting number aside, that's a Teksid block.

Don't accept it as a WAP block merely because of that number. Look at the part, itself, and think about the enormous cost to retool for the other style block. It would be a financial disaster for Windsor Aluminum to tool up and produce this block for what? - 18 months - and then switch over to completely new tooling and toss out all the tooling for this one.

Who was your source for the casting number information you cited? Sean Hyland, or someone quoting Sean Hyland?

T-

Last edited:

Hoss331

Established Member
I have seen other posts about the casting numbers but here is one with Scott@VT stating the casting numbers. I was pretty sure it was a teksid but the casting numbers started to confuse me.teksid

01SVTman

Twisty ability!
Established Member
I also have a Teksid.

Build information is in sig.

So much for SHM.

Taz

Established Member
Hoss331 said:
I have seen other posts about the casting numbers but here is one with Scott@VT stating the casting numbers. I was pretty sure it was a teksid but the casting numbers started to confuse me.teksid

One would presume that Scott would know, but none of us is infallible. Maybe he was relaying erroneous information that he had received from somebody else.

No photo of the block in question was provided in that thread, and in this case, one picture IS worth 1000 words. If I look at a photo of a '65 Fairlane, I know it's a Ford, even if it wears a Chebby badge.

T-

Taz

Established Member
01SVTman said:
I also have a Teksid.

Build information is in sig.

So much for SHM.

Damn! Yours really is a late one to be sporting a Teksid. I wonder if your engine had been sitting in the warehouse for a while. Do you know the build date of your motor?

T-

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
It very likely it was. My Cobra is an August 2001 build as well but the engine tag shows it to have been assembled in January 2001. So for whatever reason, the engine sat around for 7 months waiting to be installed.

Taz

Established Member
msmap said:
Sooooo, how do you find out when your engine was built???

My engine has a white sticker on the block containing the engine build date and part number in both human-readable and barcode formats. It's been a few years since I've paid any attention to it, so I may have the location wrong, but I remember it being on the driver side of the block, near the back.

Look for a small, rectangular white paper sticker about 3" wide by 3/4" high.

T-

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Taz said:
My engine has a white sticker on the block containing the engine build date and part number in both human-readable and barcode formats. It's been a few years since I've paid any attention to it, so I may have the location wrong, but I remember it being on the driver side of the block, near the back.

Look for a small, rectangular white paper sticker about 3" wide by 3/4" high.

T-
Hey I have that sticker!!!!

but it said made in taiwan. damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread